Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 31 of 58 FirstFirst ... 21293031323341 ... LastLast

Thread: RBG Has Died

Quote Originally Posted by GGGGG-Men View Post
    If if if.

We’re not taking about ifs. We’re talking about what happened. Obama should have had his pick and Trump should have his. But Mitch set a new precedent with Obama. No appointees in an election year. Fine then let’s stick to it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    lol why is it a precedent...because it happened once?
    It shouldn't have happened before and shouldn't happen now.....saying it shouldn't happen now just because it didn't happen then is just doubling down on a prior mistake. Now, if they said exactly that now (basically stopping it now makes up for having incorrectly stopped it then) ....then went back to the logical, fine
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

Do you need a lesson?

Dems get the majority of voters in general election. Their issues get a majority of support.

They lose because of the electoral system and a completely outdated system of senate representation that is not remotely fair representation of the public.

Bolded 1……Case Closed. Period. Done. Finito.

Bolded 2……Set up precisely for that reason by the founding fathers. It was brilliant.

Oh wow the one time they did something. And they also botched that. They had legitimate violations of the emoluments clause etc etc they could have impeached for and they never did a thing until Trump messed with their potus candidate. Partisan crap. Not actual fight.

So no I have no ideal what a wishywashy weak party like the Dems would have done and nobody really does. They’d be too scared of losing moderates just like they are today.

One time??? Get real here.

I already pointed out Harry Reid and Romney's tax return lies. Feinstein and the eleventh hour Blasey Ford letter.

Don 't overlook Wacky Maxing encouraging people to hound repubs in public. Screaming outside of McConnell's house(s) last few days.

Emoluments…for what??? Where is that coming from…because someone stayed in a Trump hotel??? I guess I'm guilty of that too. (Pretty nice place there in DC)

How about all the $$$$ the Clintons and BO's made from their time in Washington??? You don't think all those deals were set up while they were still there??? How does Hilly get so much $$$ for a speech before the election then that $$$ disappears after she loses??? (Sounds like that may have been some serious quid pro quo.)

You don't like Trump……great. Don't vote for him. But finding fault with everything he does/dose not do/says is silly and getting a bit tiresome. Some of you sound like an old woman.

Best way to get rid of him is to vote him out…and that's probably going to happen so congratulations.

Quote Originally Posted by Kenny Powders View Post
    I sense a barrage of question and exclamation marks are gonna hit this thread soon
    GASP!!!

c

PSD: where the moderators consistently cave to crybaby tattletales and it's a lot safer to be openly racist, hateful, and ignorant than to be a little rude to the racist, hateful, and ignorant

Quote Originally Posted by SiteWolf View Post
    It shouldn't have happened before and shouldn't happen now.....saying it shouldn't happen now just because it didn't happen then is just doubling down on a prior mistake. Now, if they said exactly that now (basically stopping it now makes up for having incorrectly stopped it then) ....then went back to the logical, fine
    Because setting a precedent is how law making works.

Quote Originally Posted by Crovash View Post
    Whatever you do, for god’s sake, don’t change anything.
    You don't just cavalierly change the structure of the most important nation on the planet because you lost an election and don't like the outcome.

If Ruthie didn't croak and JoeB defeated Trump, the dems wouldn't be looking to change anything. So therefore you can assume that all this change is because the dems lost a few political points. Poor things.

Quote Originally Posted by Sluggo1 View Post
    Bolded 1……Case Closed. Period. Done. Finito.

Bolded 2……Set up precisely for that reason by the founding fathers. It was brilliant.
    The reason made sense then. Population densities today have thrown off the entire balance. It was done for equal representation. But now we’re too far in the other direction. South Dakota or Wyoming having the same say in the senate as Texas or California is absurd now. It says we care more about land than representation of the people.

I have way more issues with the senate set up than the electoral college. Popular vote doesn’t work well for us either. We need a happy medium on that front.

The senate is just completely outdated and those founding fathers built in flexibility to adapt. As they did themselves multiple times.

One time??? Get real here.

I already pointed out Harry Reid and Romney's tax return lies. Feinstein and the eleventh hour Blasey Ford letter.

Don 't overlook Wacky Maxing encouraging people to hound repubs in public. Screaming outside of McConnell's house(s) last few days.

Emoluments…for what??? Where is that coming from…because someone stayed in a Trump hotel??? I guess I'm guilty of that too. (Pretty nice place there in DC)

How about all the $$$$ the Clintons and BO's made from their time in Washington??? You don't think all those deals were set up while they were still there??? How does Hilly get so much $$$ for a speech before the election then that $$$ disappears after she loses??? (Sounds like that may have been some serious quid pro quo.)

You don't like Trump……great. Don't vote for him. But finding fault with everything he does/dose not do/says is silly and getting a bit tiresome. Some of you sound like an old woman.

Best way to get rid of him is to vote him out…and that's probably going to happen so congratulations.
    I get it. You prefer a side. If you’re going to force this issue where I have to somehow defend Dems I won’t. I find them too weak and you somehow think they’re aggressive. Agree to disagree then as it’s a matter of perspective.

The reason made sense then. Population densities today have thrown off the entire balance. It was done for equal representation. But now we’re too far in the other direction. South Dakota or Wyoming having the same say in the senate as Texas or California is absurd now. It says we care more about land than representation of the people.

I have way more issues with the senate set up than the electoral college. Popular vote doesn’t work well for us either. We need a happy medium on that front.

The senate is just completely outdated and those founding fathers built in flexibility to adapt. As they did themselves multiple times.

The relationship of the Senate still makes sense. The numbers are just bigger now.

And it is all laid out in the Constitution.

Are you interested in a new Constitutional Convention……I'm all for that. Tie up a lot os loose ends. Correct a lot of things that have evolved over time. Settle abortion. Guns. Gays. It shouldn't take more than 10 - 20 years or so to get that done…that's if they fast track it.

Not sure if you are aware of this……the Equal Right Amendment for Women still has not bee passed. Next year is the 50 year anniversary. Moving right along……and this should be a no brainer

The relationship of the Senate still makes sense. The numbers are just bigger now.

And it is all laid out in the Constitution.

Are you interested in a new Constitutional Convention……I'm all for that. Tie up a lot os loose ends. Correct a lot of things that have evolved over time. Settle abortion. Guns. Gays. It shouldn't take more than 10 - 20 years or so to get that done…that's if they fast track it.

Not sure if you are aware of this……the Equal Right Amendment for Women still has not bee passed. Next year is the 50 year anniversary. Moving right along……and this should be a no brainer
    The value of representation per person is not equal because of the senate. Population growth is far away from what it was 200+ years ago. Wyoming has 500k citizens. Texas and CA have over 30m each. They all get the same number of senators voting on laws that impact everyone. In what universe is that fair representation for the country? Just because of where we drew borders?

The value of representation per person is not equal because of the senate. Population growth is far away from what it was 200+ years ago. Wyoming has 500k citizens. Texas and CA have over 30m each. They all get the same number of senators voting on laws that impact everyone. In what universe is that fair representation for the country? Just because of where we drew borders?

Yeah. Let's change the basis of our country just because Hilly lost.

I know…let's go by counties.
    Oh wait, The Trumpster won 5 times as many counties as the witch. Can't do that.

How abut by number of states won??? Nah, that doesn't work out either.

Total territory??? (See number of counties).

How about only tax payers get to vote…I'm all for that one.(Ever consider how many dem votes come from people that pay -0- in taxes? think about that). Aaaahhh, this probably won't happen.

So you can pull these numbers apart anyway you want.

Bottom line is that the founders wanted to offset the overwhelming (and still overwhelming) influence that population centers have on their states when choosing presidents. And it works.

Now you throw out the three million more votes that Hilly received (correct) and I throw out how that would be greatly reduced (and maybe eliminated entirely) if (there's that awful word again) if the candidates campaigned in all states (very little campaigning in NY and CA - no point to it) and if (there's that word again) everyone was required to vote. I'd be interested in seeing those numbers and I'd be willing to accept the results.Would you???

But it isn't going to happen. So we have the electoral system with the unfair "loaded" states that cannot possibly be lost by certain parties and the god-awfukl swing states that get buried with advertising. No state should be a "swing state."

It is what it is.

We'll see what the Harris presidency brings.

so, move to Wyoming....

It's the electoral college argument all over again. Without things like this in place, people not living in the highly populated areas would simply have no voice in anything.
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

Biolded……is opinion and not fact. And even if it did happen (and the Ukraine guy denies that it did) I'm not sure if this qualifies as a quid pro quo that helps Trump and hurts the US.

Don't you thonk that some promises were probably made in the latest Middle East recognitions of Israel by the US to these othewr Arab countries.

Again……quid pro quo happens al the time in politics. What do you think campaign contributions are??? As long as no one is getting money for it (see Biden, Hunter), what is the big deal????

Hald the people in this forum probably thought quid pro quo was some Spanish dish before this all came up.
    Normally you make sense. I don’t think you are here. If Trump negotiated aid and in exchange for the aid they agreed to something above board on record it would be a “this for that” situation and acceptable.

He wanted withhold needed aid unless they agreed to slander his political rival. You can pretend you don’t see the difference but I think you do.

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

Quote Originally Posted by SiteWolf View Post
    I agree. We need a make up call here. You see it in the NBA all the time

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

You don't just cavalierly change the structure of the most important nation on the planet because you lost an election and don't like the outcome.

If Ruthie didn't croak and JoeB defeated Trump, the dems wouldn't be looking to change anything. So therefore you can assume that all this change is because the dems lost a few political points. Poor things.
    Puerto Rican statehood has been an issue for years.

DC representation has been an issue for years.

Unbalanced representation in the Senate has been an issue for years.

The biggest pile of crap in the archaic constitution, the Electoral College, has been an issue for years.

Yet, we blew off half the Bill of Rights with the goddamn Patriot Act (in fact we’ve violated most of those rights many, many times) with nary a peep from you yahoos.
    Last edited by Crovash; 09-21-2020 at 05:23 PM.

Page 31 of 58 FirstFirst ... 21293031323341 ... LastLast