Thread: RBG Has Died

You people are all sick

Rip

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
    One More Time

I am saddened by this news.

Quote Originally Posted by Jack the Ripper View Post
    Wha... what? lol
    You support the party of white nationalism. It’s disgusting.

It is always sad when we lose such an icon. She has been and will go down as one of the better justices ever seated in the court. Beyond that, she also seemed to be a remarkable human being in general.

That said, so many of you seem to be surprised an 87 yr old who has fought cancer for years has died and seemed to go right past being saddened by her death and right to doom and gloom about what those nasty Republicans might do with the opportunity.
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

Quote Originally Posted by Jack the Ripper View Post
    Ban citizens from legally owning assault weapons or Trump is a dictator? Which is it? Because it can’t be both.
    Why not?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

This is terrible and will play out like we all know it will. I've been pretty upset with the state of things, moreso than usual, for a while now. Unlike the "patriots" on this site, I do want this country to be better. I love this country. I want it to be as great as it has the ability to be. But we ain't ****. And this is the cherry on top of the **** sundae. It's bad. But it feels so on brand.

If Trump pushes 22 year old white nationalist Brayden to a lifetime appointment on the SCOTUS and Democrats to respond by doing anything other than going absolutely nuclear the next time they hold power...well, my vote will never be guaranteed again. Ever. Statehood for DC and Puerto Rico are the morally right things to do, and are politically advantageous. If DC and PR would give Republicans extra power they would've states a long time ago, and only because of the politically advantageous part of things. Obviously not the altruistic one.

Trump's packed the courts more than just about anyone I believe. If Dems don't try to outdo him then what the **** is the point in voting for them?

I know Joe won't push for ****. He doesn't care. The SCOTUS doesn't affect his rich buddies. His class interests. I don't think most Democratic leaders actually care. I truly believe that. And I don't know why I shouldn't.

Biden, once again, is the wrong man at the wrong time and I will never not harbor ill will towards the entities that made sure he defeated Sanders. Ever. Now would be a great time to actually launch a real campaign. Like, let's go dude. You gotta be a physical presence. You gotta start nocking on doors. You gotta start trying. "Just vote" isn't going to beat what Trump is running on.

And anyone who, in response to this news, had any sort of reaction that was anything similar to: "well, I wonder if Republicans will honor their word" are absolute suckers and rubes. Have you been paying attention at all to anything? Hypocrisy is fundamental to Trumpism. It's something they flaunt. They revel in being able to do it. Their base loves it.

And people still think it matters

Keep banking on these mythological "moral Republicans".

At least Joe knows how to work across the aisle

This is worst case scenario. And man, America really ain't ****.

I'm sad. But I feel anger is more apt. If you aren't angry, and that anger isn't spread wide and thick, you're just not looking at things the right way. p
    HELLO

Time for another 2 week break but if anyone else is upset right now and wants to donate, please don't donate to Amy McGrath. She will not beat Mitch. There are others who can.

Consider donating to Sara Gideon and Theresa Greenfield. They are actually somewhat decent politicians, unlike McGrath. They also might win...also unlike McGrath.

I know I just ranted about how little hope I have about Dems and electoral politics in general, but we can still be smart!
    HELLO

I disagreed with some of her ideology/rulings but that doesn't change the fact that she lived a helluva life and was one of the most revered and respected women in American history. I wish that all would wait until she has been laid to rest before the craziness of filling her seat begins, but it is what it is.

Quote Originally Posted by statquo View Post
    Uhh if anything this will bring those Republicans on the fence who can't stand Trump and would either sit out or were at least undecided on Biden to foresurely vote Trump. Now there's a pretty important reason to vote Trump.

Question: What if they don't sit a new judge, and there's challenges after the election due to mail in voting and it's a tie 4-4. Who decides? Or is that an actual Constitutional crisis?
    I mean it was already obvious the winner of the election would be replacing RBG.
    "The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality.”

-JFK

Quote Originally Posted by ManRam View Post
    This is terrible and will play out like we all know it will. I've been pretty upset with the state of things, moreso than usual, for a while now. Unlike the "patriots" on this site, I do want this country to be better. I love this country. I want it to be as great as it has the ability to be. But we ain't ****. And this is the cherry on top of the **** sundae. It's bad. But it feels so on brand.

If Trump pushes 22 year old white nationalist Brayden to a lifetime appointment on the SCOTUS and Democrats to respond by doing anything other than going absolutely nuclear the next time they hold power...well, my vote will never be guaranteed again. Ever. Statehood for DC and Puerto Rico are the morally right things to do, and are politically advantageous. If DC and PR would give Republicans extra power they would've states a long time ago, and only because of the politically advantageous part of things. Obviously not the altruistic one.

Trump's packed the courts more than just about anyone I believe. If Dems don't try to outdo him then what the **** is the point in voting for them?

I know Joe won't push for ****. He doesn't care. The SCOTUS doesn't affect his rich buddies. His class interests. I don't think most Democratic leaders actually care. I truly believe that. And I don't know why I shouldn't.

Biden, once again, is the wrong man at the wrong time and I will never not harbor ill will towards the entities that made sure he defeated Sanders. Ever. Now would be a great time to actually launch a real campaign. Like, let's go dude. You gotta be a physical presence. You gotta start nocking on doors. You gotta start trying. "Just vote" isn't going to beat what Trump is running on.

And anyone who, in response to this news, had any sort of reaction that was anything similar to: "well, I wonder if Republicans will honor their word" are absolute suckers and rubes. Have you been paying attention at all to anything? Hypocrisy is fundamental to Trumpism. It's something they flaunt. They revel in being able to do it. Their base loves it.

And people still think it matters

Keep banking on these mythological "moral Republicans".

At least Joe knows how to work across the aisle

This is worst case scenario. And man, America really ain't ****.

I'm sad. But I feel anger is more apt. If you aren't angry, and that anger isn't spread wide and thick, you're just not looking at things the right way. p
    oh man, I had no issue reading this until I saw 'at least Joe knows how to work across the aisle'.......seriously?
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

Conservative media has been pushing that the Biden administration will just add enough justices to overwhelm the balance of the court anyhow.

I also heard that PR and DC will be made states to add more liberal congressmembers.

Conspiracy rich these days.

RIP Ruth Bader Ginsburg. a legend that deserves to be remembered.

with that said, it is comical to see people's reaction, freaking out that Trump could replace RBG now.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

a person is smart. people are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals.
    #TrumpDerangementSyndrome

Quote Originally Posted by RCSownsU View Post
    Not sure if serious with this comment.

She has two adopted children from Haiti.

So can't really pull any type of racist angle.

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk
    Laura Ingraham has an adopted daughter from Guatemala, yet still gets accused of racism/white supremacy.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

a person is smart. people are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals.
    #TrumpDerangementSyndrome

Mitch McConnell could get hit by an 18 wheeler and while I wouldn’t say that he deserved it, I certainly wouldn’t shed a tear...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    If Trump can become president with no political background then I don't understand why I need a resumé

Quote Originally Posted by SiteWolf View Post
    oh man, I had no issue reading this until I saw 'at least Joe knows how to work across the aisle'.......seriously?
    I think that was a dig against Biden who brag about being able to work with segregationists early in his career. Just judging from the emoji he used. Just a guess. Besides he is a moderate who is more republican lite then anything else. Just look at all the republicans at his convention.
    Last edited by WES445; 09-19-2020 at 10:00 AM.
    WE STILL KNOW WHERE THE PITCHFORKS ARE:Beau of the Fifth Column, you tube.

Page 9 of 58 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast