Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 13 of 58 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast

Thread: RBG Has Died

Quote Originally Posted by TylerSL View Post
    They are going to do it, they will get a SC pick and the court will be 6-3 in favor of the Republicans. Things like the Voting Rights Act and Roe v Wade will be abolished. By the way, if you think that means Republicans won't get abortions when they need it think again. They will gladly fly to New York or California and get the procedure where it's legal, something only rich people will be able to do. They don't care that they blocked Obama's apointee for 10 months, we will have a new Justice in six weeks. Regardless of what happens on November 3rd, this will be true.

Now this part is specifically for Republicans, if you don't think you're going to get punished for this, think again. We always really knew you guys would do this if given the opportunity, but this hypocrisy and flagrant disregard for constitutional obligations will define the party for a long time. This will lead to resentment like you have never seen and there will come a day, probably in your lifetime, that the Democrats hold both houses of Congress and the White House at the same time. Absolutely ANYTHING is on the table when that happens. A15 person Supreme Court, D.C./P.R. Statehood (More Democratic Senators/House members), gun legislation, progressive taxation, be ready for it all.

Here's the truth though, the right wing base will die out. The people who elected Trump, older white people, are a dying breed and that terrifies them. White people are going to become a lesser percentage of the population as we move further in the 21st century, and the boomers will continue to die. That is the one thing Republicans can't afford to happen, but it can't happen soon enough. Republicans won't be winning national elections in 20 years when the United States is majority minority and they know that, it's honestly why they want to restrict immigration so much. If they can keep the country "pure" (basically white), they can continue to win, it's just self preservation. Sadly for them people can still have kids, and with so many mixed kids today they can't stop the fact that white people alone won't be able to elect them in the future. Be ready for that day Republicans, because it's going to happen sooner than you think.
    Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Enough playing nice by the democrats. Once they control the Senate and Presidency in a few months, it will be time to add more seats to the bench I think.

Quote Originally Posted by Brewersfan255 View Post
    Lol

You know it's true, and we are now certainly coming for you. You should feel threatened.

You know it's true, and we are now certainly coming for you. You should feel threatened.
    Not really.

Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    The Republicans cheated Obama’s guy out of a hearing. Does that mean that Trump shouldn’t be allowed to nominate someone?

You can only turn so many cheeks before you have no legal authority.

born and raised on the south side of Chicago.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zmaster52 View Post
    I’m shocked. That’s quite literally the most humanizing thing I have ever heard Trump say.

I'm "actually" surprised.

Quote Originally Posted by MrPoon
    man with hair like fire can destroy souls with a twitch of his thighs.

born and raised on the south side of Chicago.
    Quote Originally Posted by Brewersfan255 View Post
    Not really.

It actually is. The Millennials are way more liberal than GenX and the boomers were when they were 18-25, and the next generation are way more liberal than the millennial in that same time frame. The country is changing... and you will only be able to hold on so long... in 30 years Obama-like policies will be the Conservative ones.

Quote Originally Posted by MrPoon
    man with hair like fire can destroy souls with a twitch of his thighs.

Quote Originally Posted by flips333 View Post
    It actually is. The Millennials are way more liberal than GenX and the boomers were when they were 18-25, and the next generation are way more liberal than the millennial in that same time frame. The country is changing... and you will only be able to hold on so long... in 30 years Obama-like policies will be the Conservative ones.
    This is very true. It is slightly sad to watch people to try to cling to conservative ideals that won’t even be in place in 15-20 years from now.

Quote Originally Posted by KobeOwnSU View Post
    This is very true. It is slightly sad to watch people to try to cling to conservative ideals that won’t even be in place in 15-20 years from now.

Going to be longer than that if liberals keep playing to lose.

The Lost Boys of PSD

Lol. As long as the SC has a +3 conservative differential, those ideals will never go away.
    GJO- You will never be forgotten. "MORE THAN MINFINITY"!

They are going to do it, they will get a SC pick and the court will be 6-3 in favor of the Republicans. Things like the Voting Rights Act and Roe v Wade will be abolished. By the way, if you think that means Republicans won't get abortions when they need it think again. They will gladly fly to New York or California and get the procedure where it's legal, something only rich people will be able to do. They don't care that they blocked Obama's apointee for 10 months, we will have a new Justice in six weeks. Regardless of what happens on November 3rd, this will be true.

Now this part is specifically for Republicans, if you don't think you're going to get punished for this, think again. We always really knew you guys would do this if given the opportunity, but this hypocrisy and flagrant disregard for constitutional obligations will define the party for a long time. This will lead to resentment like you have never seen and there will come a day, probably in your lifetime, that the Democrats hold both houses of Congress and the White House at the same time. Absolutely ANYTHING is on the table when that happens. A15 person Supreme Court, D.C./P.R. Statehood (More Democratic Senators/House members), gun legislation, progressive taxation, be ready for it all.

Here's the truth though, the right wing base will die out. The people who elected Trump, older white people, are a dying breed and that terrifies them. White people are going to become a lesser percentage of the population as we move further in the 21st century, and the boomers will continue to die. That is the one thing Republicans can't afford to happen, but it can't happen soon enough. Republicans won't be winning national elections in 20 years when the United States is majority minority and they know that, it's honestly why they want to restrict immigration so much. If they can keep the country "pure" (basically white), they can continue to win, it's just self preservation. Sadly for them people can still have kids, and with so many mixed kids today they can't stop the fact that white people alone won't be able to elect them in the future. Be ready for that day Republicans, because it's going to happen sooner than you think.
    Lulz. See above post.

Quote Originally Posted by flips333 View Post
    Sure, and the same has been true for millennia.

What I wonder is what conservative ideals are going to go away and which liberal ideals are going to fall apart for lack of money to pay for everything wanted?

One thing that is for sure going to accelerate it is the continuing automation coming that is going to take a lot of jobs. Not too long from now warehouses will have no people as the trucks are auto-loaded and the trucks are automated too. Fast food joints will have self-service ordering and there will be a couple cooks and nobody else. Automated telephone systems have already taken a huge number of jobs. As there are fewer jobs there will need to be more social support systems.

Quote Originally Posted by Scoots View Post
    I agree. My sister has a similar line of discussion whenever we talk politics. People are obsessed with the pervasive all powerful evil of Trump. But he's been almost entirely ineffective as a president.
    I disagree, him and McConnell have stacked the courts so much wi Th extremist right wing judges that Trump will leave a lasting footprint of his presidency for the next 3 decades, many progressive laws that were passed in the last couple of decades have a strong chance to be overturned.

Enough playing nice by the democrats. Once they control the Senate and Presidency in a few months, it will be time to add more seats to the bench I think.

Yes

It’s time to play real dirty as well.

Well, you did falsely accuse the last guy of gang rape...
    Bachelors III . . . In the Inn. . . Lanas Garage 4/18/75 . . . lpswitch with Snake, Hards and Mendy . . .B.D.W.B. . . Ambition: I want Dooleys Job . . . Saturday Night Live . . . Bathroom Brawls . . . Living at Snakes . . . WHERE IS MUSKY. - John Tortorella

Page 13 of 58 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast