Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 25 12311 ... LastLast

9/18-9/20: Twins (31-21) at Cubs (30-20) IGT - Playoff Push Edition

Minnesota Twins vs. Chicago Cubs
    (31-21) (30-20)

Pitching Matchups:
    Friday, 9/18 @ 7:15 PM
    Rich Hill (2-1, 3.81 ERA) vs. Kyle Hendricks (5-4, 3.29 ERA)
    vs.
    TV: Marquee Sports Network/Radio: 670 The Score

Saturday, 9/19 @ 7:15 PM
    Michael Pineda (1-0, 3.57 ERA) vs. Alec "No Hit" Mills (5-3, 3.93 ERA)
    vs.
    TV: Marquee Sports Network/Radio: 670 The Score

Sunday, 9/20 @ 6:08 PM
    Jose Berrios (4-3, 4.15 ERA) vs. Yu Darvish (7-2, 1.86 ERA)
    vs.
    TV: ESPN (National Broadcast)/Radio: 670 The Score

2016 World Series Champions!!!

Tough series.

Sweep.

I talked to poodski today via email. Told him to eat balls.

#500orDie *****es

Hoping for 2 of 3 vs Twins, (and hoping hot chisox can cool off Reds.)

Last edited by CubsRule08; 09-18-2020 at 03:37 PM.

Should be a good and interesting series . Good pitching matchups today and Sunday .

Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk
    Last edited by Dfan25; 09-18-2020 at 03:36 PM.

El Mago

Agreed!

Quote Originally Posted by CubsRule08 View Post
    There still seems to be a chance of Marquez being added. With Carraway they are being pretty clear that they donít think heís deserving of a spot yet.

I don't think there's really any chance they are adding Marquez with 10 games remaining. Also, Heyward in the 6th spot. Uh oh. I've heard he can only hit in the 7th spot.

Quote Originally Posted by Sofnr View Post
    I don't think there's really any chance they are adding Marquez with 10 games remaining. Also, Heyward in the 6th spot. Uh oh. I've heard he can only hit in the 7th spot.

They arenít ruling it out and the Sox just added a top prospect with 10 days to go. Iím not sure if it will happen, but it could happen.

They havenít used a left reliever since 9/10. Kimbrel, Wick, Jeffress, Adam, sometimes Tepera are the go to guys from the right side. There could be opportunity for Marquez and Chafin to be the go to lefties since they arenít using Ryan and Osich.

Itís pretty crazy that the Sox already have the best record in the AL, I thought they were a year away from that but guess not. Jose Abreu deserves the AL MVP for sure. Their new young SP Dunning is a keeper too. Between Keuchel/Dunning/Giolito thatís a solid group and they get Kopech next year too. they are set up for a good 5 years, with max money to spend on another hitter in that lineup if needed. Incredible GM work.

A Cubs Sox WS would be so epic but funny if it in a year no fans are allowed.

I actually think the Cubs match up really well with Atlanta and San Diego. But the Dodgers not so much. If the stars align maybe we see one more WS appearance from this group, and hopefully a title.

Can the cubs knock off lefties like Fried and Hamels with their new additions? Can Darvish/Hendricks shut down that lineup.. maybe.

Also I know Darvish has been great this season but Iíd still give game 1 ball to Hendricks if itís at home.
    Last edited by PeanutPunch33; 09-18-2020 at 06:03 PM.

This twins series is a really good litmus test for this team. The twins are a good team and the cubs will have to put up runs because you know the twins will. Hill is old, Pineda is not good and Berrios is inconsistent, they should win 2 of these 3

Quote Originally Posted by PeanutPunch33 View Post
    Itís pretty crazy that the Sox already have the best record in the AL, I thought they were a year away from that but guess not. Jose Abreu deserves the AL MVP for sure. Their new young SP Dunning is a keeper too. Between Keuchel/Dunning/Giolito thatís a solid group and they get Kopech next year too. they are set up for a good 5 years, with max money to spend on another hitter in that lineup if needed. Incredible GM work.

A Cubs Sox WS would be so epic but funny if it in a year no fans are allowed.

I actually think the Cubs match up really well with Atlanta and San Diego. But the Dodgers not so much. If the stars align maybe we see one more WS appearance from this group, and hopefully a title.

Can the cubs knock off lefties like Fried and Hamels with their new additions? Can Darvish/Hendricks shut down that lineup.. maybe.

Also I know Darvish has been great this season but Iíd still give game 1 ball to Hendricks if itís at home.
    Hard to gauge exactly where the Sox are at when they played alot of bad teams from their Division and ML Central.
    Not saying they're not a good young team, just think they took advantage of weak competition and probably wouldn't be more then a 500 team in a normal season

Quote Originally Posted by CubsRule08 View Post
    I think I'd rather of seen Happ batting RH against Hill then Schwarber or Kipnis hitting against him..

Also, I saw that Martinez is eligible to return to main roster today..
    Thought they would bring him up facing Hill and possibly a lefty in the Pirates series
    Last edited by chibears55; 09-18-2020 at 06:13 PM.

Page 1 of 25 12311 ... LastLast