Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 14 of 25 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast
Results 196 to 210 of 363
  1. #196
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Bloomington, IL
    Posts
    5,739
    Quote Originally Posted by Stevemil505 View Post
    Anyone know if Strop signec just a 1-year deal with Reds or was it for 2 years?
    It was a 1 year deal. He's currently on a minor league deal with the Cubs.

  2. #197
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Posts
    6,992
    Quote Originally Posted by Sofnr View Post
    So that was a pretty good example of "Why doesn't the batter just lay down a bunt to the left side" It can work. But instead that was a free out. And Rizzo is actually one of the better guys on the team at doing that.
    He is usually good at it
    That one there he squared up like he was sacrificing

    A guy like Rizzo though, who chokes up and is usually good at making contact, should be able to punch balls that are middle outer half, towards 3rd base more often then not if he looks to do it

  3. #198
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Bloomington, IL
    Posts
    5,739
    Quote Originally Posted by chibears55 View Post
    He is usually good at it
    That one there he squared up like he was sacrificing

    A guy like Rizzo though, who chokes up and is usually good at making contact, should be able to punch balls that are middle outer half, towards 3rd base more often then not if he looks to do it
    But the point is it's not easy. What's the percentage of free outs given away before you decide it's not worth it? Clearly most players in the league think the percentage is too high which is why the shift is so effective and used by everybody. And I know you used to see it all the time and think everyone should be able to. I get it. But keep in mind pitchers throw a lot harder and with a lot more spin then they did 30 years ago.

  4. #199
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Bloomington, IL
    Posts
    5,739
    Damn, nice catch.

  5. #200
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Posts
    6,992
    Quote Originally Posted by Sofnr View Post
    I'd ask him how he feels and unless he's unexplicably worn out after 11 starts I'd keep him in his normal routine. It's not like he's getting rocked. His splitter isn't working today.
    I thought Game 1 was Tuesday but it Wednesday, so it will be a normal 4 day rest..
    That case, then just let him pitch 5 innings and call it a day on Friday

  6. #201
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Addison, IL
    Posts
    24,316
    Schwarber out of the game.

    Maybin replaced him in LF

    2016 World Series Champions!!!


  7. #202
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Bloomington, IL
    Posts
    5,739
    Quote Originally Posted by chibears55 View Post
    I thought Game 1 was Tuesday but it Wednesday, so it will be a normal 4 day rest..
    That case, then just let him pitch 5 innings and call it a day on Friday
    Yah, i'd agree with keeping his pitch count lowish.

  8. #203
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Posts
    6,992
    Quote Originally Posted by Sofnr View Post
    But the point is it's not easy. What's the percentage of free outs given away before you decide it's not worth it? Clearly most players in the league think the percentage is too high which is why the shift is so effective and used by everybody. And I know you used to see it all the time and think everyone should be able to. I get it. But keep in mind pitchers throw a lot harder and with a lot more spin then they did 30 years ago.
    Bunting no it not easy, you're right with that

    I just would like to see him just take those outside pitches and just guide it that way with his swing, sorta like a half swing or slapping at it like those little fast lefties use to do back in the day..lol

  9. #204
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Bloomington, IL
    Posts
    5,739
    Quote Originally Posted by CubsRule08 View Post
    Schwarber out of the game.

    Maybin replaced him in LF
    Ross says he's fine. Much have just been annoyed with that defensive play.

  10. #205
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Posts
    6,992
    Quote Originally Posted by CubsRule08 View Post
    Schwarber out of the game.

    Maybin replaced him in LF
    Probably cause of that play in left that turned into a triple

  11. #206
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Puerto Rico
    Posts
    14,441
    What a dumb throw from Kepler


    Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk


    El Mago

  12. #207
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Bloomington, IL
    Posts
    5,739
    Nice baserunning by Rizzo there. That's such a ridiculous stat. All of Rizzo's 9 HR this year are solo shots. It's not like he's afraid of big moments. He's been one of the better clutch guys historically. Just weird. Gotta hope his luck turns around on that soon.

  13. #208
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Posts
    6,992
    Bryant with a chance to add to that 5 RBI here

  14. #209
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Puerto Rico
    Posts
    14,441
    Nice AB


    Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk


    El Mago

  15. #210
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Bloomington, IL
    Posts
    5,739
    Bryant has 0 confidence at the plate right now. It's just sad.

Page 14 of 25 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •