Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 22 of 25 FirstFirst ... 122021222324 ... LastLast
Results 316 to 330 of 363
  1. #316
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    5,242
    Quote Originally Posted by CubsRule08 View Post
    Lol. See, that one was a good one WCWW.

    I give you a 6/10 for this one.
    Thank you, I wont stop until I achieve that perfect 10

  2. #317
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    17,979
    Optimizing post. Select "Preview Post."

  3. #318
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    17,979
    Optimal post achieved. Select "Submit Reply."

  4. 09-20-2020, 11:04 PM
    Reason
    You know I love you Yags. But I had to do it. <3

  5. #319
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    56,462
    Quote Originally Posted by Yagyu+ View Post
    Optimal post achieved. Select "Submit Reply."
    That said, I find it hard to disagree with this being the optimal post.

  6. #320
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    A city in the United States.
    Posts
    5,238
    Quote Originally Posted by 1908_Cubs View Post
    I think bad luck is a part of what's going on. I also think there are bad processes occurring two. Is it just bad luck? Nope. But I do believe there's some bad luck in there. It'd be a hell of a coincidence that all our good hitters are just bad hitters now. I think there's some bad luck which is exacerbated by bad processes.

    The Cubs are in need of some good luck.
    Been waiting on that good luck since 2017.

    But whatever Cubs, stinky poo offense.
    Screw sabermetics.

  7. #321
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    56,462
    Quote Originally Posted by Bluefire View Post
    Been waiting on that good luck since 2017.

    But whatever Cubs, stinky poo offense.
    People have always undersold how good the Cubs offense has been under this guise of "it's not consistent enough". There's plenty of studies out there showing the Cubs offense is no more inconsistent than anyones. In 2018 they had 1 bad month of offense. Last year, they were still well above average. This is the first bad year, and it's not even a bad year. It's a bad like, 1.5 months. Which happens all the time in baseball. We just don't have the benefit of the other 3.5-4 months for things to normalize.

  8. #322
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Addison, IL
    Posts
    24,294
    Quote Originally Posted by WhyCantWeWin View Post
    Thank you, I wont stop until I achieve that perfect 10
    Thatís gotta be a very good one to get a 10 out of me lol.

    But Iíll be waiting for it

    2016 World Series Champions!!!


  9. #323
    Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Posts
    1,212
    Quote Originally Posted by Dfan25 View Post
    Looking at that Schwarber play he did not go hard after it after it hit the wall and I think he did on purpose because he wanted Cave to try to get to 3B thinking he could throw him out. Ross didnít like it and he took him out .


    Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk
    He loafed it. He was removed for loafing. I agree with this move, especially since Schwarber isn't hitting well anyways.

    Schwarber hustles as much as anyone on this team, surprising to see him do that.

  10. #324
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    A city in the United States.
    Posts
    5,238
    Quote Originally Posted by 1908_Cubs View Post
    People have always undersold how good the Cubs offense has been under this guise of "it's not consistent enough". There's plenty of studies out there showing the Cubs offense is no more inconsistent than anyones. In 2018 they had 1 bad month of offense. Last year, they were still well above average. This is the first bad year, and it's not even a bad year. It's a bad like, 1.5 months. Which happens all the time in baseball. We just don't have the benefit of the other 3.5-4 months for things to normalize.
    I get that. The optics of this offense is that they are bad. Kris Bryant is playing at Nefti Perez level right now. But I also acknowledge that he is not the only guy underperforming. It's frustrating that every time I tune it and watch the Cubs they seem to be putting up 0 or 1 runs.

    There is what....2 weeks left in the season, both the end of the reg season and the 1st rd. I expect the Cubs to get bounced quickly from the postseason.
    Screw sabermetics.

  11. #325
    Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Posts
    1,212
    Quote Originally Posted by 1908_Cubs View Post
    People have always undersold how good the Cubs offense has been under this guise of "it's not consistent enough". There's plenty of studies out there showing the Cubs offense is no more inconsistent than anyones. In 2018 they had 1 bad month of offense. Last year, they were still well above average. This is the first bad year, and it's not even a bad year. It's a bad like, 1.5 months. Which happens all the time in baseball. We just don't have the benefit of the other 3.5-4 months for things to normalize.
    Not true. In 2018 they led the NL in runs and OPS before the all-star break, then in Aug and Sept they hit like crap, their OPS fell off big-time, they choked and miss the playoffs.

    In 2019 they scored runs but just didn't hit when they needed to in Sept. Their baserunning in the season was trash. They stunk in 1-run games, but can blame a lot on the pen too. They couldn't hit lefties either, and the team choked even harder than in 2018.

    Cubs have the worst team OPS this month in the NL, all the big guns are hitting like trash except Contreras, even Happ has fallen off. Not good going into the playoffs, i can see why fans are frustrated. This is almost the same offense as 2016 and expectations are high.

  12. #326
    Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Posts
    1,212
    Quote Originally Posted by Bluefire View Post
    I get that. The optics of this offense is that they are bad. Kris Bryant is playing at Nefti Perez level right now. But I also acknowledge that he is not the only guy underperforming. It's frustrating that every time I tune it and watch the Cubs they seem to be putting up 0 or 1 runs.

    There is what....2 weeks left in the season, both the end of the reg season and the 1st rd. I expect the Cubs to get bounced quickly from the postseason.
    Exactly 1 week left in the season. 7 games in a row.

    We should still try to win all these games, and get the best seed possible for the playoffs. Try to give all the regulars a day off this week at some point. Might as well since they're all sucking anyways lol.

  13. #327
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    12,162
    If the cubs win the division and lose the WC round are people going to pretend like they missed the playoffs in 2020 like people pretend they missed the playoffs in 2018?

  14. #328
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    1,027
    Quote Originally Posted by CP_414 View Post
    If the cubs win the division and lose the WC round are people going to pretend like they missed the playoffs in 2020 like people pretend they missed the playoffs in 2018?
    I don't think so if they win the division. If they somehow fell to the lower wild cards, then maybe. I'm sad that I think this window closes at the end of the season, but we got 4 years and a title. The next rebuild should be quicker, and hopefully they can see results from the organizational improvements this time.

  15. #329
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    56,462
    Quote Originally Posted by Stratos View Post
    Not true. In 2018 they led the NL in runs and OPS before the all-star break, then in Aug and Sept they hit like crap, their OPS fell off big-time, they choked and miss the playoffs.

    In 2019 they scored runs but just didn't hit when they needed to in Sept. Their baserunning in the season was trash. They stunk in 1-run games, but can blame a lot on the pen too. They couldn't hit lefties either, and the team choked even harder than in 2018.

    Cubs have the worst team OPS this month in the NL, all the big guns are hitting like trash except Contreras, even Happ has fallen off. Not good going into the playoffs, i can see why fans are frustrated. This is almost the same offense as 2016 and expectations are high.
    No. What's "not true" is this. Go actually look at their August numbers. They had a 100 wRC+ until August the 9th (they finished with a 100 wRC+), then from the 10th - 9th (7 games) they were awful (64 wRC+), then the final 12 games, back to a 113. They didn't have a bad August. Then had a bad 7 games. So, let's debunk that right off the bat. August was a good month with 7 bad offensive games.

    Second "not true" statement is this lazy narrative that the Cubs "choked" and missed the playoffs. "bUt 1908, the WilDcArD gAmE iSnT tHe PlAyOfFs". Yes it ****ing it is. It's not subjective. The MLB defines it as "the playoffs". The Cubs get credit for a playoff appearance. Don't like it? Sorry, suck it up, buttercup, the rules are the rules. I cannot believe that people play that game. Until the MLB says anything differently, and removes that as a playoff appearances, the Chicago Cubs made the playoffs in 2018 and ther's literally zero debate about it.

    Moving on from the first part of the lazy narrative, they went 16-12. That's a .572 winning percentage. That's a 92 game pace. They went 6-4 down the last 10. Good for a .600 winning percentage. This was better than the yearly percentage of .580. What happened was that the offense was bad, but the pitching was great. The Cubs won more than enough games in almost any situation to walk away with the division. The Brewers were historically good, and kudos on them. The Cubs played well enough to win a division, the Brewers just played better. That's not choking when someone is just better.

    It's so lazy when you take that into account. It's the kind of trash that morons like Dave Kaplan (the answer to "what if PSD was a human being and had a twitter account?") push because it gets them views, but it falls apart the second you look at it objectively. The Cubs played good enough baseball to win. They didn't limp home to a 10 win September. They hit well in August except for short sample. The Cubs literally made the playoffs. Be better than continuing a lazy narrative.

    They're basrunning in 2019 was bad. Their basrunning this year is fine. You might think its bad, but stats tell a completely different story, and I'm going to reiterate what I do everyone time someone wants to play the "but my eye test!"...I don't care what you think you saw. You're not a scout, the cameras are not trained on base runners enough, you can't watch enough other teams to know what's good and bad across the league. The Cubs are the 9th best base running team in baseball according to fangraphs, and despite minor flaws being in those stats, there's more flaws with your eye test, and I'll go with those.

    One run games are meaningless. Bad teams have good records all the time in one run games. I don't give a **** about them.

    Lastly, I'm not disagreeing the offense has been bad this year, so I have no idea what that last part is about. Yeah, it's been bad. The point I'm making is, it's a weird year because there's a good chance things would normalize in 162 games. People have said all year about how it's a different year and games "matter more " or whatever. Fine. But then when it comes to statistics they throw the baby out with the bathwater and forget that there's 2/3rds of a year left that the Cubs don't get, and that it's not rare for a team to struggle for 2 months in literally any other year. The Cubs are struggling right now. But in any other season, they'd have 4 months to get it together. They don't now. It sucks. But we also can't forget that when we evaluate the season, which is what everyone wants to do.
    Last edited by 1908_Cubs; 09-21-2020 at 09:29 AM.

  16. #330
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Missouri
    Posts
    88,313
    Wait, I missed Yagyu++?!?!?!?

    Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

Page 22 of 25 FirstFirst ... 122021222324 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •