Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 12 of 25 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by 1908_Cubs View Post
    I dont think theres a decline. Hes clearly hurt. His wOBA last year was still really good. He is clearly hurt. Hes struggling on pitch recognition (my guess is hes pressing).

Sadly the Cubs both need Bryant and Bryant needs the Cubs right now. They wont go anywhere until Bryant figures things out. Hopefully he starts feeling better.

Sent from my SM-G981V using Tapatalk
    Is he really hurt though? Based upon what? It's been like a month since he was on the DL briefly for a finger injury.

If something is going on with that still it makes me worried about future seasons anyway. We've seen that he's a guy who carries minor injuries with him all season long already. If he's going to get banged up every year and those knocks make him completely ineffective, that's not a good sign and something we need to consider about him.

Quote Originally Posted by TheRealTI View Post
    Is he really hurt though? Based upon what? It's been like a month since he was on the DL briefly for a finger injury.

If something is going on with that still it makes me worried about future seasons anyway. We've seen that he's a guy who carries minor injuries with him all season long already. If he's going to get banged up every year and those knocks make him completely ineffective, that's not a good sign and something we need to consider about him.
    I mean, based on that he went from a 5 win player to basically a AAA hitter over night. Literally. He played this same way 2 years ago when he was hurt then, too. You either think 1 he just magically became the worst hitter in baseball or hes hurt. Thats the only 2 possibilities. I think its clear its the 2nd.

Yes the nagging issues are an issue but that also wasn't the topic being discussed. Someone called him declining due to his play this year. I dont think this is a "decline". Dude is legit hurt. And pressing. And getting pitched different. I dont think this is happening in a vacuum and that this is directly related to injury (as have both his 2018 and 2019 have stretches similar to this when he was hurt). He clearly plays when he cannot. Or tries to, at least. Theres precedence for this.

I mean, based on that he went from a 5 win player to basically a AAA hitter over night. Literally. He played this same way 2 years ago when he was hurt then, too. You either think 1 he just magically became the worst hitter in baseball or hes hurt. Thats the only 2 possibilities. I think its clear its the 2nd.

Yes the nagging issues are an issue but that also wasn't the topic being discussed. Someone called him declining due to his play this year. I dont think this is a "decline". Dude is legit hurt. And pressing. And getting pitched different. I dont think this is happening in a vacuum and that this is directly related to injury (as have both his 2018 and 2019 have stretches similar to this when he was hurt). He clearly plays when he cannot. Or tries to, at least. Theres precedence for this.

Not disagreeing with you but if he that hurt or his finger bothers him that much that he is that much of a crap player now..
    I get he himself not going to want to sit out, but Ross and Theo/Jed should of IL him another 10 games or so over hurting the team by playing someone that hurting and ineffective

Smart move now if he is still hurting, would be to just let him sit these next 5 games and then let him start the first two against the Sox to get ready for playoffs and sit him on Sunday

Quote Originally Posted by chibears55 View Post
    Not disagreeing with you but if he that hurt or his finger bothers him that much that he is that much of a crap player now..
    I get he himself not going to want to sit out, but Ross and Theo/Jed should of IL him another 10 games or so over hurting the team by playing someone that hurting and ineffective

Smart move now if he is still hurting, would be to just let him sit these next 5 games and then let him start the first two against the Sox to get ready for playoffs and sit him on Sunday
    Hes only that player now because he's hurt and that was the point im making. My guess is that he's playing right now because its a pain management thing that isn't going away with 5 days off and they're hoping he learns how to adjust with it through PT. Part of the issues he's seeing as well, is how he's being pitched.

If that's the case its probably their only hope. Theyre not winning a WS without old Bryant. So you hope he figures out a new normal with the finger for a month and then rest the offseason.

Hes only that player now because he's hurt and that was the point im making. My guess is that he's playing right now because its a pain management thing that isn't going away with 5 days off and they're hoping he learns how to adjust with it through PT. Part of the issues he's seeing as well, is how he's being pitched.

If that's the case its probably their only hope. Theyre not winning a WS without old Bryant. So you hope he figures out a new normal with the finger for a month and then rest the offseason.

Obviously the pain management hasn't worked out, he been playing with it for 14 games now, it still having an affect on him.

Think it would be better to just give him a few days off over continue to aggravate it everyday and making it worse, it might not cure it or make it go away but itll at least not be as painful after resting it a few days or week before the playoffs start

Obviously the pain management hasn't worked out, he been playing with it for 14 games now, it still having an affect on him.

Think it would be better to just give him a few days off over continue to aggravate it everyday and making it worse, it might not cure it or make it go away but itll at least not be as painful after resting it a few days or week before the playoffs start
    Maybe. We are speculating a lot here. Im sure the Cubs medical team has an entirely better idea of what his finger is doing.

If the Cubs feel like 5 days would do something he will sit.

Again, my guess is that if he plays it is something that 5 days of rest won't change and its just up to him to figure it out if he can.

Got some breaking news for everybody (well not chibears, because he doesnít listen to what Sharma says (kidding chibears)) but Strop wonít pitch this year because of injury.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bryant has just been weird . If he is injured it hasnít stopped him from hitting lefties .For whatever reason he has been beyond worthless againts righties .

Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk

El Mago

Quote Originally Posted by ivyboys View Post
    Got some breaking news for everybody (well not chibears, because he doesnít listen to what Sharma says (kidding chibears)) but Strop wonít pitch this year because of injury.

Lol.. I could of told him that [emoji28][emoji23][emoji1787]

With 8 games left , I'm kinda expecting what we're seeing now main roster wise is what we're getting in playoffs barring injuries

Quintana obviously will be added to pen this week for someone
    Last edited by chibears55; 09-20-2020 at 04:21 PM.

First off, F the Eagles.

Second, our HighSchool moved the fences back to 230 for softball. Regulation is 200, ours used to be 210. Did so because we lost the HR battle 24-4 last season (all 4 were my daughter). This year, she hasnít hit one at home yet but hit 4 off the fence yesterday and has another 4 throughout the season. She has now lost at least 8 with a possible 2 more(hard to tell) through 10 games.

F sports. Ok, Iím done.

Quote Originally Posted by BDawk4Prez View Post
    First off, F the Eagles.

Second, our HighSchool moved the fences back to 230 for softball. Regulation is 200, ours used to be 210. Did so because we lost the HR battle 24-4 last season (all 4 were my daughter). This year, she hasnít hit one at home yet but hit 4 off the fence yesterday and has another 4 throughout the season. She has now lost at least 8 with a possible 2 more(hard to tell) through 10 games.

F sports. Ok, Iím done.
    At least yours had a fench..
    When my daughters played, the AD taking advise from a former coach wouldn't put up a fench for the girls after making them their own diamond..
    My youngest of the two,JR year, they had a varsity team with a couple girls including herself that could hit the ball a long way and would easily of been homers over a fench but most ended up caught or doubles because the outfielders would play deep.

I think 2 years after she graduated they decided to put up one of those temporary fench for all their games since.

https://twitter.com/mdgonzales/statu...800219648?s=21

So the 40 man will be announced Wednesday. I figured there would be moves. This explains why we havenít heard anything, which seemed extremely weird. Look I donít know if Marquez will be on the playoff team or not, but if he is and the front office knows he is, shame on them for not letting him pitch during the regular season. I think thatís a big mistake. If he doesnít get a chance period, then thatís an even bigger mistake. Either way, I hate the way theyíve handled Brailyn. If he didnít look good at South Bend, then I totally get it, but from every report we get about him, itís all positive. People are raving about him.

At least yours had a fench..
    When my daughters played, the AD taking advise from a former coach wouldn't put up a fench for the girls after making them their own diamond..
    My youngest of the two,JR year, they had a varsity team with a couple girls including herself that could hit the ball a long way and would easily of been homers over a fench but most ended up caught or doubles because the outfielders would play deep.

I think 2 years after she graduated they decided to put up one of those temporary fench for all their games since.
    Ouch.

Page 12 of 25 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast