Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 43

Thread: Bam Adebayo

  1. #16
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Rhode Island
    Posts
    34,201
    We shall see but I donít think Bam is ever going to be the pure scorer that some of the guys mentioned here are. Heís scored 30 points one time in his career to this point I believe. And it was exactly 30, no more. Heís obviously tremendous but donít see that kind of scoring to be alongside some of the names thrown out here.

    KG does have a lot of similarities but I think people forget how good MIN/1st year in BOS KG was. In year with Boston he had that knee injury and was never the same athletically again. And thatís what a lot of people remember because Boston was still going on playoff runs with him at a reduced level. MIN KG was an absolute problem and I think people forget because he was wasting away in MIN.


    NE Patriots Forum HOF (Class of 2011)

  2. #17
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Philadelphia
    Posts
    114,525
    Quote Originally Posted by Iggie View Post
    Hahaha thatís hilarious. Towns teammate said heíd pick Bam to start a franchise going forward.

    Heís had KG potential. Heís an elite defender and can do everything offensively other than shoot 3s. Heís headed there whether you like it or not and you can sit here and mock it all you want but everything Iíve told you all involving the Heat this year has been true whether itís how elite we would be, how great our young core was, how the Bucks did not want to see us, how the Sixers were garbage and Jimmy easily made the right decision, etc.

    You want Towns? Cool, have fun being a lottery team every year. Please find the 2 others you take.

    I donít have a problem with anyone taking AD Embiid or Jokic over a player whoís just in his first year as a starter lol. This guy is just going to keep getting better and better and Miami is back with the cap space and assets to make an even bigger splash going forward. Watch out, the Sixers and the rest of the East or toast going forward.
    So would you take butler over giannis? I mean Giannis isnt a proven winner either

  3. #18
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Philadelphia
    Posts
    114,525
    this is similar to the dumb **** said about Siak just last season lol

  4. #19
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    parts unknown
    Posts
    49,766

    Bam Adebayo

    Quote Originally Posted by hugepatsfan View Post
    We shall see but I donít think Bam is ever going to be the pure scorer that some of the guys mentioned here are. Heís scored 30 points one time in his career to this point I believe. And it was exactly 30, no more. Heís obviously tremendous but donít see that kind of scoring to be alongside some of the names thrown out here.

    KG does have a lot of similarities but I think people forget how good MIN/1st year in BOS KG was. In year with Boston he had that knee injury and was never the same athletically again. And thatís what a lot of people remember because Boston was still going on playoff runs with him at a reduced level. MIN KG was an absolute problem and I think people forget because he was wasting away in MIN.
    He is incredible overrated. Iíd take Bam


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by ewing; 09-18-2020 at 06:33 PM.
    Rep Power: 0




    Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

  5. #20
    Join Date
    Nov 2019
    Posts
    4,894
    Quote Originally Posted by More-Than-Most View Post
    So would you take butler over giannis? I mean Giannis isnt a proven winner either
    No but thereís levels to it.
    <a href=https://images.app.goo.gl/RaiMUpUeDMoeqDZt7 target=_blank>https://images.app.goo.gl/RaiMUpUeDMoeqDZt7</a>

    8/24/2

  6. #21
    Join Date
    Nov 2019
    Posts
    4,894
    Quote Originally Posted by hugepatsfan View Post
    We shall see but I donít think Bam is ever going to be the pure scorer that some of the guys mentioned here are. Heís scored 30 points one time in his career to this point I believe. And it was exactly 30, no more. Heís obviously tremendous but donít see that kind of scoring to be alongside some of the names thrown out here.

    KG does have a lot of similarities but I think people forget how good MIN/1st year in BOS KG was. In year with Boston he had that knee injury and was never the same athletically again. And thatís what a lot of people remember because Boston was still going on playoff runs with him at a reduced level. MIN KG was an absolute problem and I think people forget because he was wasting away in MIN.
    Unfortunately the offense doesnít call for someone to take over and dominate but I would really like to see him in a role where we want him to look to score every time. This works right now though so no reason to change it. Also his first year starting and heís still polishing his scoring game. Mid range and free throws have improved a ton as of late need to just keep expanding. If he can get similar range to Bosh heíll be elite.

    That 30 point game was against the Hawks I believe, that was definitely his best game of the season and one of the funnest games of the season. He had like 30-12-11, Duncan had like 36, I think Nunn had like 35-40 (itís a damn shame heís unplayable right now post COVID, he just has no confidence), Butler had like 30 and a clutch 3 to force OT. Hawks up 6 with like 18 seconds left Young says the games over we force OT and win by 16 haha
    <a href=https://images.app.goo.gl/RaiMUpUeDMoeqDZt7 target=_blank>https://images.app.goo.gl/RaiMUpUeDMoeqDZt7</a>

    8/24/2

  7. #22
    Join Date
    Nov 2019
    Posts
    4,894
    Quote Originally Posted by More-Than-Most View Post
    this is similar to the dumb **** said about Siak just last season lol
    If you canít see the raw talent and just physical dominance of Bam compared to Siakam idk what to tell you brotha, just wait on it. Heís a top defender in the league, one of the like 3-5 players at most that can guard 1-5. The only thing he hasnít shown the ability to do consistently is hit the 3. Heís like 3 years younger than Siakam. Just wait on it.
    <a href=https://images.app.goo.gl/RaiMUpUeDMoeqDZt7 target=_blank>https://images.app.goo.gl/RaiMUpUeDMoeqDZt7</a>

    8/24/2

  8. #23
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Philadelphia
    Posts
    114,525
    Quote Originally Posted by Iggie View Post
    If you canít see the raw talent and just physical dominance of Bam compared to Siakam idk what to tell you brotha, just wait on it. Heís a top defender in the league, one of the like 3-5 players at most that can guard 1-5. The only thing he hasnít shown the ability to do consistently is hit the 3. Heís like 3 years younger than Siakam. Just wait on it.
    remember i took bam over siak in that other thread... I see his talent but he needs to prove it more than just 1 season... i never doubted his talent. I dont see his ceiling being anywhere near KD but who knows... Hell everyone thought joel was the dream 2.0 and he has the talent but he hasnt done himself any favors with his diet which is ****ing him. Its like war stated.... Being the under dogs is far different from being the favorites... These guys are now getting talked about and id expect anyone that plays with buckets will go ham all off season but some might not and instead might just enjoy the ride and stunt their growth.

  9. #24
    Join Date
    Nov 2019
    Posts
    4,894
    Quote Originally Posted by More-Than-Most View Post
    remember i took bam over siak in that other thread... I see his talent but he needs to prove it more than just 1 season... i never doubted his talent. I dont see his ceiling being anywhere near KD but who knows... Hell everyone thought joel was the dream 2.0 and he has the talent but he hasnt done himself any favors with his diet which is ****ing him. Its like war stated.... Being the under dogs is far different from being the favorites... These guys are now getting talked about and id expect anyone that plays with buckets will go ham all off season but some might not and instead might just enjoy the ride and stunt their growth.
    Iím assuming you meant KG and not KD unless I slipped up and said KD by accident earlier? But yea I mean itís obviously hard to say this guy is the next so and so and they live up to it but who tf wouldíve guessed this was Giannis ceiling? You just never know. From what I see he has only 1 weakness right now and is continuing to improve. He had Jimmy like you said. He works out with Giannis and Bosh in the summer. Heís just surrounded by greatness and guys who get after it at all times. I like his chances of being a top 10 player very soon.
    <a href=https://images.app.goo.gl/RaiMUpUeDMoeqDZt7 target=_blank>https://images.app.goo.gl/RaiMUpUeDMoeqDZt7</a>

    8/24/2

  10. #25
    Join Date
    Nov 2019
    Posts
    4,894
    LeBron canít be at the top forever, KD has the Achilles, Curry and Lillard are slowly creeping up in age. Spots are going to be opening up in that top 10 for the next gen.
    <a href=https://images.app.goo.gl/RaiMUpUeDMoeqDZt7 target=_blank>https://images.app.goo.gl/RaiMUpUeDMoeqDZt7</a>

    8/24/2

  11. #26
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Miami, FL
    Posts
    16,124
    Quote Originally Posted by Redrum187 View Post
    Bam is a more athletic/rich man's Al Horford. He does everything better than Horford did in his prime except for shooting/spacing.
    I think that's a fair comparison. Horford at his best was an 18 PPG player. If BAM can sustain Horford's best as a rich man's version gives us 18/10/4 with excellent defense for the next 5 years which would be ideal.

  12. #27
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    16,214
    Quote Originally Posted by Iggie View Post
    LeBron canít be at the top forever, KD has the Achilles, Curry and Lillard are slowly creeping up in age. Spots are going to be opening up in that top 10 for the next gen.
    Wade03 is that you?

  13. #28
    Join Date
    Nov 2019
    Posts
    4,894
    Quote Originally Posted by LF85 View Post
    Wade03 is that you?
    My bad I shouldíve said all those guys will always be top 10 forever, no matter what.
    <a href=https://images.app.goo.gl/RaiMUpUeDMoeqDZt7 target=_blank>https://images.app.goo.gl/RaiMUpUeDMoeqDZt7</a>

    8/24/2

  14. #29
    Join Date
    Nov 2019
    Posts
    4,894
    <a href=https://images.app.goo.gl/RaiMUpUeDMoeqDZt7 target=_blank>https://images.app.goo.gl/RaiMUpUeDMoeqDZt7</a>

    8/24/2

  15. #30
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    LA
    Posts
    47,598
    I love how kendrick Perkins says his name. Bam out the bauoh or however its spelled

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •