Quote Originally Posted by GGGGG-Men View Post
    Gotta bounce back in this one.

That first quarter was inexcusable

OhSoSlick is offline Formerly RCSownsU - PSDs Sexiest Fireman
    Sounds like Barkley tore his acl.

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk
    He is talking about the one and only, pure trash: Ereck Flowers

Quote Originally Posted by cowboyskilla View Post
    His stern face can give that impression but I don't feel that's the case. New York isn't an easy place to play at, so honestly I can see his confidence at an all-time low for him.

I don't think he's a bust. I think he just needs the right motivation to pick himself up & play harder.

My only post game evaluation: Jones has to be better. You canít keep turning the ball over like youíre 2013 Eli

Va...heart between Giants Stadium and MSG
    Quote Originally Posted by Giants-NL-3 View Post
    My only post game evaluation: Jones has to be better. You canít keep turning the ball over like youíre 2013 Eli
    2013 Eli was a 2X SB Champion....I wouldn't trade those chips in for nothing. Had Jones won the game we're not talking about the turnover s.

I think it's disrespectful to keep comparing DJ to Eli.

Va...heart between Giants Stadium and MSG
    I have a question....I've been asking this question for two years now and can't get an answer from my fellow "knowledgable" giants fans to save my life.

Last year I blame Shurmur but still don't see why Gallman and Penny are on the roster and they aren't incorporated in the offense....as running backs and check down backs???

Barkley got hurt last year as well....Penny and Gallman disappeared....Gallman a healthy scratch....if your not going to play them....cut em and get some QUICK check down backs in here.

This is where the GM earns his money by getting talented players to replace the injured ones.

I know Iím the first one to defend the team, ownership, etc against the hotheaded knee jerk fan reaction but......This team is so mediocre. Theyre not even bad. Theyíre just boring.

DJ will be fine eventually. But whereís the playmaker. This is the most average receiving core this team has had since before Toomer when everyone is covered whoís the playmaker than can bail out Jones. Who can win a 50/50 ball? Who draws double coverage?

Honestly Iím less worried about the oline. Not great but theyíll come together. And now that oline might be getting better we have no star WR. We can never get it all together.

D is very meh too. I was worried about the DBs but man that front 7 is so ordinary.

If we get to 6 wins we should feel good.

A very meh team. 3 years of DG drafts and a lot of meh outside Barkley who is now gonna be gone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Don't worry. He's got this.

Quote Originally Posted by Missing56&33 View Post
    2013 Eli was a 2X SB Champion....I wouldn't trade those chips in for nothing. Had Jones won the game we're not talking about the turnover s.

I think it's disrespectful to keep comparing DJ to Eli.
    Yeah sure what DJ has done so far is in no way comparable with Eliís career. I wasnít comparing careers.

But DJís style of play so far in my opinion actually is comparable to older Eli. There are drives and throws were I think DJ is one of the most talented young QBís in the game, like Eli had drives were he looked like 2011 playoff Eli again. But a little too often he doesnít feel the pressure or throws it completely unnecessary in traffic which leads to a (strip-)sack or INT. And in my opinion Eli had that late in his career too.

For the record, Iím not ready to give up on DJ by any means, but he has to dial down on the huge mistakes. The guy has thrown 4 picks in 2 games, and I think 3 of those were in FG distance?? Those points cost us a win yesterday

DJ is throwing picks but at least he's securing the ball and not fumbling like last year - that's progress. The kid learns and that's always hopeful.

He definitely has to play a lot better but he has very mediocre weapons and the OL has yet to gel. The talent is there but it will need time.

Hard to succeed when you have an OL not quite in synch yet and basically no playmakers on offense.

Gonna be a long season with Barkley gone.

Quote Originally Posted by GGGGG-Men View Post
    I know Iím the first one to defend the team, ownership, etc against the hotheaded knee jerk fan reaction but......This team is so mediocre. Theyre not even bad. Theyíre just boring.

DJ will be fine eventually. But whereís the playmaker. This is the most average receiving core this team has had since before Toomer when everyone is covered whoís the playmaker than can bail out Jones. Who can win a 50/50 ball? Who draws double coverage?

Honestly Iím less worried about the oline. Not great but theyíll come together. And now that oline might be getting better we have no star WR. We can never get it all together.

D is very meh too. I was worried about the DBs but man that front 7 is so ordinary.

If we get to 6 wins we should feel good.
    Slayton has potential to be a star. He had a bad drop this week on a slant that looked like it had room but come on he can be really good. Shep/Tate are average to above average WRs. Hopefully they bring freeman in and he can be above average. Thomas has looked solid for a rookie LT. The pass protection hasnít been so bad. They arenít ready yet a ton of youth we just gotta hope they improve. Iím not worried about jones that int was a bad throw but if engram doesnít fall its most likely and incomplete pass. The fumble is what it is, great play by mack whoís one of the best. I know jones has the fumbling problem but that one was tough to blame him. I think defense has been average but not as bad as I thought personally. They need another pass rusher for sure. We all feel a little different if we score on that last play and are 1-1. To early to give up on them. Thereís was a limited TC and no preseason new system it may take a while. I agree 6-7 wins is what weíre probably looking at best but Iím more focused on the Oline improving and jones showing us steps in the right direction
    Spurs Sim league
    2 time Champion 653-331

Quote Originally Posted by GottaBelieve View Post
    DJ is throwing picks but at least he's securing the ball and not fumbling like last year - that's progress. The kid learns and that's always hopeful.

He definitely has to play a lot better but he has very mediocre weapons and the OL has yet to gel. The talent is there but it will need time.

Hard to succeed when you have an OL not quite in synch yet and basically no playmakers on offense.

Gonna be a long season with Barkley gone.
    I donít really understand why nobody seems to give slayton any type of recognition. Heís a very good ball player. Engram needs to step up more but all in all itís not a bad group. Jones threw 1 int where engram fell the pick 6 that was called back was awful but it didnít count. He has to play better but itís also a brutal way to start your year with Pitts great defense and the bears in Chicago with their top 10 defense. New system we just gotta give them some time. I think jones and slayton are gonna have a very good year
    Spurs Sim league
    2 time Champion 653-331

Quote Originally Posted by Giants-NL-3 View Post
    Yeah sure what DJ has done so far is in no way comparable with Eliís career. I wasnít comparing careers.

But DJís style of play so far in my opinion actually is comparable to older Eli. There are drives and throws were I think DJ is one of the most talented young QBís in the game, like Eli had drives were he looked like 2011 playoff Eli again. But a little too often he doesnít feel the pressure or throws it completely unnecessary in traffic which leads to a (strip-)sack or INT. And in my opinion Eli had that late in his career too.

For the record, Iím not ready to give up on DJ by any means, but he has to dial down on the huge mistakes. The guy has thrown 4 picks in 2 games, and I think 3 of those were in FG distance?? Those points cost us a win yesterday
    3 picks in 2 games. Engram fell down it happens. Sure he needs to cut down the turnovers but itís not all on him. New system plenty of time to get used to it.
    Spurs Sim league
    2 time Champion 653-331

Iíve always liked Slayton but heís an over the top speed guy. Heís not a real WR1. He can be a great WR2.

And thatís what we have - like 3 WR2s (Slayton Engram and Shep) a few WR3s. No WR1 and no real TE that we utilize.

This is a poorly constructed offensive roster.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast