Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    Your analogy needs to comport with the reality of the scenario otherwise it's useless.

Name a pharmaceutical company that is going to go out of business for not developing a covid vaccine?
    None since they are being funded by the government. It's not uncommon for a big pharma corporation to form a new corporation fully funded by the parent corporation to do research. If the research fails the research corporation goes away (along with any debts and lawsuits).

Quote Originally Posted by Scoots View Post
    None since they are being funded by the government. It's not uncommon for a big pharma corporation to form a new corporation fully funded by the parent corporation to do research. If the research fails the research corporation goes away (along with any debts and lawsuits).
    Even if they weren't being funded by the government, I don't think any big pharma company would fail if they did not develop a covid vaccine.

I think their failure would be they wouldn't get all the profits that come with having such a vaccine, but I don't think they would have actually failed.

Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    Even if they weren't being funded by the government, I don't think any big pharma company would fail if they did not develop a covid vaccine.

I think their failure would be they wouldn't get all the profits that come with having such a vaccine, but I don't think they would have actually failed.
    Probably true, but the ones formed just for risky research do go out of existence if they fail.

Risky in this case is either financially or politically or public relations risky.

Quote Originally Posted by Scoots View Post
    Probably true, but the ones formed just for risky research do go out of existence if they fail.

Risky in this case is either financially or politically or public relations risky.
    it just wasnít a good analogy. Thatís ok

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345