Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Crovash View Post
    What it comes down to is this: I am against government interference until I want it.
    That's what you want?

Quote Originally Posted by Scoots View Post
    I think the idea is that drug companies can see a market of billions of customers and exploit it without being paid to do so.
    Without a vaccine they canít exploit that market.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    Fair enough. I made an assumption about where you were drawing your conclusions from

Still you are saying vaccine development would progress at the same speed w/o public funding. I donít think that is plain and simple. Why do think that? There are a lot of ways to make money in that industry. Why would aggressively self funding a race to develop a vaccine definitely me one they would pursue? Isnít it true that they might lose?
    Did he say anything about the speed of the development? I think he was just saying that drug companies can see a market that needs to be filled.

I'm not against the public funded incentive by the way, I can just see his point.

Without a vaccine they canít exploit that market.
    Yes. They would need to develop a vaccine.

Quote Originally Posted by fingerbang View Post
    I've consistently referred to myself as somewhat of a libertarian.
    I have a friend who consistently refers to himself as good looking. He's not, he has the perfect face for radio, but he still consistently refers to himself that way.
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

Did he say anything about the speed of the development? I think he was just saying that drug companies can see a market that needs to be filled.

I'm not against the public funded incentive by the way, I can just see his point.
    Then thatís the answer to his question about why we need to fund them. Bc we want it as soon as possible

Then thatís the answer to his question about why we need to fund them. Bc we want it as soon as possible
    Okay. I don't know that it's true that public funding makes it faster, but that's certainly an argument to make.

Okay. I don't know that it's true that public funding makes it faster, but that's certainly an argument to make.
    I certainly don't know what's 'right' in all this, but another thing to remembe here is that the government and these pharma labs would have to have formed a partnership of sorts, with those labs receiving data from the government and likely sharing some back...........that wouldn't likely be happening with most drugs these companies develop.
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

That's what you want?
    No, thatís what what I sense from so many who allegedly hate government interference. They hate it until it impacts something that benefits them.

Quote Originally Posted by SiteWolf View Post
    I certainly don't know what's 'right' in all this, but another thing to remembe here is that the government and these pharma labs would have to have formed a partnership of sorts, with those labs receiving data from the government and likely sharing some back...........that wouldn't likely be happening with most drugs these companies develop.
    While true, that partnership doesn't require money go from the government to the lab.

Fair enough. I made an assumption about where you were drawing your conclusions from

Still you are saying vaccine development would progress at the same speed w/o public funding. I donít think that is plain and simple. Why do think that? There are a lot of ways to make money in that industry. Why would aggressively self funding a race to develop a vaccine definitely be one they would pursue? Isnít it true that they might lose?

Because there are billions of dollars to made. Do I really have to explain that? This is the mother of all vaccines and not only is there an incentive to develop one, there's an incentive to be first.
    Bachelors III . . . In the Inn. . . Lanas Garage 4/18/75 . . . lpswitch with Snake, Hards and Mendy . . .B.D.W.B. . . Ambition: I want Dooleys Job . . . Saturday Night Live . . . Bathroom Brawls . . . Living at Snakes . . . WHERE IS MUSKY. - John Tortorella

Quote Originally Posted by SiteWolf View Post
    I have a friend who consistently refers to himself as good looking. He's not, he has the perfect face for radio, but he still consistently refers to himself that way.
    So stop having sex with him then, idk what else to tell you.
    Bachelors III . . . In the Inn. . . Lanas Garage 4/18/75 . . . lpswitch with Snake, Hards and Mendy . . .B.D.W.B. . . Ambition: I want Dooleys Job . . . Saturday Night Live . . . Bathroom Brawls . . . Living at Snakes . . . WHERE IS MUSKY. - John Tortorella

How much money should big pharma make off a Vaccine developed with public funds?

Because there are billions of dollars to made. Do I really have to explain that? This is the mother of all vaccines and not only is there an incentive to develop one, there's an incentive to be first.
    I donít think itís a sure fire investment. your company might not come in first. Your company might not develop something profits that them at all. I am generally quicker to spend someone elseís money then my own. Maybe you should explain it.

Last edited by ewing; 09-19-2020 at 01:46 PM.

I donít think itís a sure fire investment. your company might not come in first. Your company might not develop something profits that them at all. Maybe you should explain it.

Guess who gets to eat the loss when it's public funded?

How much money should big pharma make off a Vaccine developed with public funds?

Guess who gets to eat the loss when it's public funded?
    The public. guess who will be more willing to spend under this arrangement and thus be more likeky to develop a vaccine faster?

Last edited by ewing; 09-19-2020 at 01:46 PM.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast