Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast
Results 151 to 165 of 166
  1. #151
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Posts
    47,649
    Quote Originally Posted by drt1010 View Post
    Posada please take note. It's called optimism. The glass isn't always half empty. Fans (or fanatics) are allowed some irrational exuberance, excitement and delirious anticipation approaching the post season.

    Please, before you lambast me with some profound rationalization, I am a realist. I can read handwriting on the wall. I sense and discern rather well. However I am a fan. As such reason sometimes takes a back seat to wishful thinking. Imo that may be true for many fans of many teams.
    It's astonishing to me.
    I learned when I was auditioning frequently that it was useless to tell myself I didn't get the job.
    It didn't make it better when I didn't and the energy spent trying to crush the hope was exhausting.
    I finally just let it ride and let it go and it was way easier.

    You can tell yourself the Yankees are going to lose but then don't be angry when they do. You wished it.



    Ignorance is bliss

  2. #152
    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Posts
    8,277
    Quote Originally Posted by drt1010 View Post
    Posada please take note. It's called optimism. The glass isn't always half empty. Fans (or fanatics) are allowed some irrational exuberance, excitement and delirious anticipation approaching the post season.

    Please, before you lambast me with some profound rationalization, I am a realist. I can read handwriting on the wall. I sense and discern rather well. However I am a fan. As such reason sometimes takes a back seat to wishful thinking. Imo that may be true for many fans of many teams.
    Show me where I have been overly negative in this discussion? All I have said is that they havenít won anything yet so no need to celebrate . I am not surprised they made the playoffs , before the season started they were predicted to make it there and even during their worst stretch 2 weeks ago were still 90% favorites to make it to the playoffs . And if you want some positive here is one , since there are no scheduled days off in the playoffs , the team with the best offense will probably win the ws , so with that the Yankees likely atleast make it to the World Series .
    Last edited by Posada20; 09-21-2020 at 04:09 PM.

  3. #153
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    18,487
    Quote Originally Posted by Posada20 View Post
    Show me where I have been overly negative in this discussion? All I have said is that they havenít won anything yet so no need to celebrate . I am not surprised they made the playoffs , before the season started they were predicted to make it there and even during their worst stretch 2 weeks ago were still 90% favorites to make it to the playoffs . And if you want some positive here is one , since there are no scheduled days off in the playoffs , the team with the best offense will probably win the ws , so with that the Yankees likely atleast make it to the World Series .
    "Show me where..." Why so aggressive? Why so confrontational? Must you always perceive things as an attack? Always on the defensive. I wasn't accusing you of anything, only suggesting the glass isn't always half empty. Look I did not intend for this to be an argument, nor do I expect you or anyone to be a homer. I was showing some excitement and enthusiasm for the start of the post season, you prefer to piss on my cornflakes. No prob, it's all good.

  4. #154
    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Posts
    8,277
    Quote Originally Posted by drt1010 View Post
    "Show me where..." Why so aggressive? Why so confrontational? Must you always perceive things as an attack? Always on the defensive. I wasn't accusing you of anything, only suggesting the glass isn't always half empty. Look I did not intend for this to be an argument, nor do I expect you or anyone to be a homer. I was showing some excitement and enthusiasm for the start of the post season, you prefer to piss on my cornflakes. No prob, it's all good.
    You get confrontational towards me and I am the aggressive one ? Ok whatever man

  5. #155
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    8,016
    Everyone should just put Posada on ignore. Maybe the new character he creates to get around the ignore listwill be more imaginative and less tedious.

  6. #156
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    18,487
    Quote Originally Posted by Posada20 View Post
    You get confrontational towards me and I am the aggressive one ? Ok whatever man
    You see that's where you are wrong. It wasn't a confrontation, just perceived as one. I asked you to take note of the optimism in clowns post. Not intended to provoke only a suggestion to take notice.

  7. #157
    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Posts
    8,277
    Quote Originally Posted by drt1010 View Post
    You see that's where you are wrong. It wasn't a confrontation, just perceived as one. I asked you to take note of the optimism in clowns post. Not intended to provoke only a suggestion to take notice.
    Enough man , you were trying to provoke me and you know it .

  8. #158
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    18,487
    Quote Originally Posted by Posada20 View Post
    Enough man , you were trying to provoke me and you know it .
    Believe what you will. I can honestly and sincerely tell you it was NOT intended as a provocation. I was simply asking you to take notice of the optimism. I'm done.

  9. #159
    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Posts
    8,277
    I am just going to end this conversation with this article . This article is exactly what I meant when I said just clinching a playoff spot is no reason to celebrate yet . They still have a lot to do before they and we can celebrate .

    https://yanksgoyard.com/2020/09/21/y...layoff-clinch/
    Last edited by Posada20; 09-22-2020 at 12:42 AM.

  10. #160
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Tacoma, Wa
    Posts
    17,224
    Quote Originally Posted by YANKSGUY View Post
    I THINK it's 26 with a limit of 13 pitchers. I couldn't find anything official.
    Yeah i think you are correct, thanks for looking that up

    Quote Originally Posted by rrzubnyy View Post
    I want the Tribe with Bieber and Plesac! Tired of the Twins in Oct.
    I want the easier team to beat, silly me.

    Quote Originally Posted by drt1010 View Post
    Believe what you will. I can honestly and sincerely tell you it was NOT intended as a provocation. I was simply asking you to take notice of the optimism. I'm done.

  11. #161
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Posts
    47,649
    Quote Originally Posted by Posada20 View Post
    Enough man , you were trying to provoke me and you know it .



    You are incredibly negative as a poster. Yes. I am accusing you of being overly negative.
    You were negative as hell in the prospects thread
    You are negative as hell in every thread.

    I'm sure you will try to tell us and yourself that it's just a, "critical perspective" but it's not.
    You incessantly *****, whine and cry about the team in all facets.
    You make false claims and arguments.

    Then because someone is a mod and can't really come back at you, you act like entitled brat
    "You called me..." You started it..."

    Posada, you started it. From post 1. You have maintained a negative, dismissive, lie filled and cowardly approach in every thread.


    It's exactly what it is. Read the room. In the baseball related threads only, You have had conflict with literally every poster. (Except maybe 1).
    So , every poster is wrong and you are this beacon of light and honesty?
    Or maybe the entire group, including those who've left are right and once again, you are wrong.
    That means, you are a negative, dismissive, lie filled and cowardly poster.



    Ignorance is bliss

  12. #162
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Cold Spring, NY
    Posts
    6,762
    Quote Originally Posted by Kinkotheclown View Post
    Not if the top 3 teams lose and we win!

    Clown, after the first round, the ALDS and the ALCS are being played on the West coast.
    The REAL DEAL Yankee fan

  13. #163
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Cold Spring, NY
    Posts
    6,762
    Quote Originally Posted by Posada20 View Post
    Show me where I have been overly negative in this discussion? All I have said is that they havenít won anything yet so no need to celebrate . I am not surprised they made the playoffs , before the season started they were predicted to make it there and even during their worst stretch 2 weeks ago were still 90% favorites to make it to the playoffs . And if you want some positive here is one , since there are no scheduled days off in the playoffs , the team with the best offense will probably win the ws , so with that the Yankees likely atleast make it to the World Series .

    So don't celebrate, but don't tell us we shouldn't.
    The REAL DEAL Yankee fan

  14. #164
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Cold Spring, NY
    Posts
    6,762
    Quote Originally Posted by Posada20 View Post
    I am just going to end this conversation with this article . This article is exactly what I meant when I said just clinching a playoff spot is no reason to celebrate yet . They still have a lot to do before they and we can celebrate .

    https://yanksgoyard.com/2020/09/21/y...layoff-clinch/

    I for one will celebrate as I see fit. Deal with it.
    The REAL DEAL Yankee fan

  15. #165
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Cold Spring, NY
    Posts
    6,762
    Quote Originally Posted by dayners81 View Post
    Yeah i think you are correct, thanks for looking that up

    I want the easier team to beat, silly me.


    You're expecting Nicky to use logic? Good luck with that.
    The REAL DEAL Yankee fan

Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •