Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 54
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    MA
    Posts
    12,572

    Should Brad Stevens be on the hotseat

    Guys been the Celtics head coach since 2013 and has never gotten past the ECF this wouldn't fly anywhere else if this was the NFL his *** would be out the door unless your Marvin Lewis how that guy lasted that long is beyond me. Brad either needs to go or this Celtics team needs to spend big in the off-season do something try and get Kawhi or Giannis. Or he will become the Marvin Lewis of the NBA.
    Last edited by BSF101; 09-17-2020 at 10:49 PM.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    34,355
    I doubt it. Ainge isn't willing to spend all the assets in a one time push to win again so he knows Stevens isn't getting the roster to be likely to win it all when other teams are building super teams.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    27,852
    He would be hired by another team the next day.


    Kristaps Porzingis
    Stronger than most 15 year old girls.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Posts
    31,694
    Jesus. PSD is so quick to want to fire or trade every star coach or player after they look like they're going to get eliminated. You guys know only one team can win the championship every year, right? If the Celtics don't want him, I can guarantee probably 25+ teams would gladly take him over their current coaching situation.


  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    MA
    Posts
    12,572
    Quote Originally Posted by mightybosstone View Post
    Jesus. PSD is so quick to want to fire or trade every star coach or player after they look like they're going to get eliminated. You guys know only one team can win the championship every year, right? If the Celtics don't want him, I can guarantee probably 25+ teams would gladly take him over their current coaching situation.
    Unless you enjoy being stuck in the ECF or WCF be my guest.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Rhode Island
    Posts
    34,184
    He deserved some blame last year for not managing egos. He deserves some blame for the team being so whiny complaining to refs instead of moving on to the next play. I think he can be too conservative with his timeouts to save for out of bounds plays. Heís admittedly great with them but this isnít 2013 when we have IT and a bunch of try-hards and you need help making plays. We have the talent to just go get buckets in those situations so we can use the TOs more in flow of game.

    Another schematic thing I kind of question is how he likes to have everyone handle the ball and make plays. Its led to us having to look for that skill set and usually you have to sacrifice shooting if you want ball handlers because itís really hard to get guys who do both.

    Should he be fired? Heíll fín no! The grass is not always greener.


    NE Patriots Forum HOF (Class of 2011)

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    7,450
    Quote Originally Posted by mightybosstone View Post
    Jesus. PSD is so quick to want to fire or trade every star coach or player after they look like they're going to get eliminated. You guys know only one team can win the championship every year, right? If the Celtics don't want him, I can guarantee probably 25+ teams would gladly take him over their current coaching situation.
    Agreed. Even as much **** as I give you about Harden you still don't trade the guy. Se here, there are teams who haven't had a coach close to as good as Stevens in decades.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    parts unknown
    Posts
    49,541
    They should fire him before game 3


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Rep Power: 0




    Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    LA
    Posts
    47,555
    LOL please fire him, Clips will trade them Doc back and a first rounder again for your coach.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Posts
    3,874
    When have they ever been supposed to advance past the ECF? [emoji848]

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Rhode Island
    Posts
    34,184
    Quote Originally Posted by NBA all the way View Post
    When have they ever been supposed to advance past the ECF? [emoji848]
    Last year they were the favorite coming in. We just forget that because they played like such **** all year so we quickly came off that. But that whole team was a train wreck, Brad included. I blame Ainge for it trading Rozier/Morris and recognizing that there were too many mouths to feed.

    This year the expectations werenít that coming in. But we should win this series. Thereís a reason we were favored coming in and a reason weíve been up big both games 2nd half. Boston should not be getting outclassed like this and Stevens deserves his share of the blame.

    The answer is usually not fire/trade everyone like fans want though lol


    NE Patriots Forum HOF (Class of 2011)

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    2,042
    Stevens is a damn good coach and I'm a Sixers fan.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Posts
    3,874
    Quote Originally Posted by hugepatsfan View Post
    Last year they were the favorite coming in. We just forget that because they played like such **** all year so we quickly came off that. But that whole team was a train wreck, Brad included. I blame Ainge for it trading Rozier/Morris and recognizing that there were too many mouths to feed.

    This year the expectations werenít that coming in. But we should win this series. Thereís a reason we were favored coming in and a reason weíve been up big both games 2nd half. Boston should not be getting outclassed like this and Stevens deserves his share of the blame.

    The answer is usually not fire/trade everyone like fans want though lol
    Yeah, firing Stevens wouldn't be my first move. I think he has did a pretty good job.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Posts
    31,694
    Quote Originally Posted by BSF101 View Post
    Unless you enjoy being stuck in the ECF or WCF be my guest.
    If you have a great young coach with a great young team performing about like they should be performing, you don't fire that guy. The Celtics have never been the best team in the East. They weren't the best team in the East this season, and they've pretty much performed as well as they should have.

    Should they be favored to win this series? Probably. But the Heat are red hot, the bubble is a weird circumstance, and zero people will be shocked if Miami makes the finals the way they're playing. You don't set back the franchise and fire a potentially top 5 coach because you don't make the finals every year. That's completely insane.


  15. #15
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Posts
    31,694
    Quote Originally Posted by hugepatsfan View Post
    Last year they were the favorite coming in. We just forget that because they played like such **** all year so we quickly came off that. But that whole team was a train wreck, Brad included. I blame Ainge for it trading Rozier/Morris and recognizing that there were too many mouths to feed.

    This year the expectations werenít that coming in. But we should win this series. Thereís a reason we were favored coming in and a reason weíve been up big both games 2nd half. Boston should not be getting outclassed like this and Stevens deserves his share of the blame.

    The answer is usually not fire/trade everyone like fans want though lol
    Milwaukee was favored, too. They were the No. 1 overall seed going into the playoffs and Miami kicked their ***. I don't see anyone asking for Mike Budenholzer's job right now.


Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •