Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

White Sox Clinch First Playoff Berth Since 2008

6 is the magic number for the division. Let's go!

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Click here to register!

Hope to see some new posters around here soon.

It's been a long time coming Ö 2008, 2005, 2000, 1993, 1983 - before then is before me. Too bad they didn't take Bainsey's advice and trade Abreu when he still had value.

Anyway - lets all enjoy the ride, hopefully all the way through the end of October.
    1985 Bears
    2005 White Sox
    2010 Blackhawks
    1991 Bulls

1981 Sting

Quote Originally Posted by Muttman73 View Post
    It's been a long time coming Ö 2008, 2005, 2000, 1993, 1983 - before then is before me. Too bad they didn't take Bainsey's advice and trade Abreu when he still had value.

Anyway - lets all enjoy the ride, hopefully all the way through the end of October.
    Let's see ...Abreu been how many years here, been out of the playoffs how many times? and he finally gets in the playoffs in a "not a real season" season....You didn't play anyone 18 games or the rest of the league
    (162)...All this is a money grab by the owners and players....To get something out of this mess of a year.
    I'm happy he's finally producing at a MVP level (2 month's)....Let's see his numbers next year before you put him in the HOF!
    Being the best player (Abreu) on terrible teams didn't do anything for me....Obviously it does for you!

Quote Originally Posted by Bainsy View Post
    Let's see ...Abreu been how many years here, been out of the playoffs how many times? and he finally gets in the playoffs in a "not a real season" season....You didn't play anyone 18 games or the rest of the league
    (162)...All this is a money grab by the owners and players....To get something out of this mess of a year.
    I'm happy he's finally producing at a MVP level (2 month's)....Let's see his numbers next year before you put him in the HOF!
    Being the best player (Abreu) on terrible teams didn't do anything for me....Obviously it does for you!
    Baseball is an individual's sport. The fact he did what he has done for years without players around him is even more impressive.

He's a beast. Will he get in the hall? I don't know but I really think you're selling him short!

Click here to register!

Hope to see some new posters around here soon.

Quote Originally Posted by blams View Post
    Baseball is an individual's sport. The fact he did what he has done for years without players around him is even more impressive.

He's a beast. Will he get in the hall? I don't know but I really think you're selling him short!

I never ever said I did not like him.........I said if your rebuilding and trading Sale,Q, Eaton, might as well trade him too........That's all I said and of course some dumb *** took it to another level.

As for that dumb *** and he know's who he is............I also said the moment Shields trade was made "that I did not like Tatis Jr", being a throw in and said so!!!
    I'm just so glad the Sox didn't listen to me on that one too and traded him!!! Cause I believe the Padres released that guy and his playing in the bushes somewhere in the Caroline League..........No one will ever hear about him ever again!!!!

BTW...You really think he's a hall of famer? I don't....A great team mate and a very good player ..Yes!

Abreu is not and will not get to the Hall of Fame without a ticket. He'll never be Konerko and Konerko ain't making the Hall.

He will need to play like 4-5 more years like this to be considered a HOFer....but to say heíll never be Konerko is off base. Heís actually been slightly better than him, just doesnít have the longevity.

Player A .295 AVG | .351 OBP | .521 SLG | .367 wOBA | 134 wRC+ | 20.6 fWar

Player B .279 AVG | .354 OBP | .486 SLG | .361 wOBA | 118 wRC+ | 24 fWar

Choose your player?

Player A...assuming thatís Abreu vs Konerko. With that being said, looking at total career isnít super fair because you have the beginning and ending years of Konerkos career compared to just Abreuís prime.

Both of these guys are great whitesox players, and I feel Abreu is showing the ability right now to move past Konerko if he keeps this up. So the earlier post saying heís not close to Konerko was just off base.

Quote Originally Posted by shorvath721 View Post
    Player A...assuming thatís Abreu vs Konerko. With that being said, looking at total career isnít super fair because you have the beginning and ending years of Konerkos career compared to just Abreuís prime.

Both of these guys are great whitesox players, and I feel Abreu is showing the ability right now to move past Konerko if he keeps this up. So the earlier post saying heís not close to Konerko was just off base.
    That's the thing, he'd have to play at this level for another 4-7 years to be Konerko.` Does anyone believe that is going to happen? Regression with age. Heck going into last year there was enough folks saying he was done.

Quote Originally Posted by brett05 View Post
    That's the thing, he'd have to play at this level for another 4-7 years to be Konerko.` Does anyone believe that is going to happen? Regression with age. Heck going into last year there was enough folks saying he was done.
    Abreu is already the better player than Konerko was. He's going to pass him in fWar by next season, sure he's going to regress but not by that much.

Quote Originally Posted by DaSox_05 View Post
    Abreu is already the better player than Konerko was. He's going to pass him in fWar by next season, sure he's going to regress but not by that much.
    I'd be happy to be wrong. Very happy.