Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 20 of 21 FirstFirst ... 1018192021 LastLast

Week 2: Early and Late Game Matchups

Quote Originally Posted by carter80 View Post
    Im saying this as a Cousins fan, but am i giddy that Wentz is showing who he really is. He has to be the most overrated qb in the last couple years, outside of Baker.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    How are you so sure this is who he really is? In a season with a shortened training camp? Iím a wentz fan and Iíve given him **** for how heís played so far this year but the last 1 1/2 games this year isnít an indication of how heís mostly played for the previous 56 1/2 games.

Quote Originally Posted by QB_Eagles View Post
    So I just watched the Cowboys onside kick and apparently *the Falcons* thought they have to let the ball roll for 10 yards before picking it up? WTF!?
    Not defending Atlanta at all. I guess they were hoping it wouldnít go 10 yards. Nobody wanted to be the first to try and prematurely pick it up and fumble it.
    Usually the ball is kicked harder and I guess it threw them off.

Quote Originally Posted by Jack the Ripper View Post
    Heís never going to be as refined as guys like Mahomes or Rodgers. He just never will. Heís going to make ill-advised throws. Heís going to be wreckless when he scrambles. But heís also got that Brett Favre backyard ball playmaking ability. And it wins games. His completion percentage has consistently gone up. His decision making has improved each year. With the Billsí defense, he can get them to the Super Bowl. Thatís pretty much all any Bills fan could ask for. We finally have a QB who gives us a chance.

Josh had a couple of fumbles in Week 1. Again, wreckless play. Heís gonna do that. But heís made strides from last year as a passer. For a kid that was labeled a project or a 4th round graded QB, his development has been awesome.
    That's exactly what I loved about cutler.

Allen has been fun to watch the few times I've seen him.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Click here to register!

Hope to see some new posters around here soon.

Im saying this as a Cousins fan, but am i giddy that Wentz is showing who he really is. He has to be the most overrated qb in the last couple years, outside of Baker.

Lol, stay salty.

so when does Carson Wentz start getting the same kind of scrutiny that Baker Mayfield does

ó Jordan Zirm (@clevezirm) September 21, 2020
    Dak: 15,778 @ 65.8%, 7.6 per att, 97+21 TD, 36 INT+31 FMB, 97.0 Rate
    Wentz: 14,191 @ 63.8%, 6.9 per att, 97+3 TD, 35 INT+48 FMB, 92.7 Rate

2020:
    Dak: 1188 @ 67.1%, 8.3 per att, 5 TD, 2 (1.4%) INT, 98.5 Rate 76.7 QBR
    Wentz: 737 @ 59.8%, 5.6 per att, 3 TD, 6 INT (4.5%), 63.9 Rate 35.5 QBR

Quote Originally Posted by BDawk4Prez View Post
    I'll leave PSD if Foles isn't the starter in Jax (or elsewhere) next year.
    "Hater" is a term used by weak minded people in the face of legitimate criticism.
    -Scott van Pelt

[The Ringer] "(Falcons) are the first team in NFL history to score 39 points, commit zero turnovers, and lose. Before today, teams that did that were 440-0."

2020:

"Hater" is a term used by weak minded people in the face of legitimate criticism.
    -Scott van Pelt

So there is at least one Cousins fan out there.

Quote Originally Posted by AmericasTeam View Post
    I can honestly say that is the most undeserved win I can remember in my lifetime. SMH holy choke job.
    Don't agree - Dak and Boys overcame a horrific first half to put enough points up to win. Every good team in the league usually wins a game or two like that every year in which they had no business winning but make just enough big plays to pull it off. I will take it. You can look at it the other way - they are one bad offensive pass INT away from being 2 and 0.

Quote Originally Posted by Mamba42 View Post
    I guess that makes some sense but if you donít get it then the game is basically over
    You have to be careful of your (the collective your) analysis on this. All the people that say you should kick the PAT and make it a one possession game are presupposing that the 2nd attempt will be good otherwise it is a theoretical 1 possession game. Apples to Apples logic would be presuppose you either make it in both scenarios or miss it in both scenarios. Now go back and ask did McCarthy make the logical decision - the answer is an unequivocal yes.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.B View Post
    That was a ****ing horrible call to try and go for 2.

No it wasn't - and that's not outcome based logic. You are making a false assumption in your analysis - that is that they will make it if they go for it at the end. You have to use the same boundary conditions in both scenarios: Either they make it going for it early and at the end or fail the 2 pt conversion in both the go for it early or wait until the end scenarios. Plenty of technical analysis and logic flow charts have been made by people that you can find if you look for it and they all point to McCarthy made the logical decision.

Quote Originally Posted by zookman65 View Post
    Don't agree - Dak and Boys overcame a horrific first half to put enough points up to win. Every good team in the league usually wins a game or two like that every year in which they had no business winning but make just enough big plays to pull it off. I will take it. You can look at it the other way - they are one bad offensive pass INT away from being 2 and 0.
    They are an epic ST gaffe from being 0-2.

Still winning when committing an outlier number of turnovers is a ringing endorsement of the team.

2020:

-Scott van Pelt

They are an epic ST gaffe from being 0-2.
    Even if they were 0-2, they could still easily end up 11, 12+ wins.

Whereas the Eagles are looking at that 2022 out in Wentz's contract or hoping a team needs a QB at the deadline. Would be interesting to swap Wentz for Cousins+, as Cousins has a shorter contract life to get Hurts in there.

2020:

-Scott van Pelt

No it wasn't - and that's not outcome based logic. You are making a false assumption in your analysis - that is that they will make it if they go for it at the end. You have to use the same boundary conditions in both scenarios: Either they make it going for it early and at the end or fail the 2 pt conversion in both the go for it early or wait until the end scenarios. Plenty of technical analysis and logic flow charts have been made by people that you can find if you look for it and they all point to McCarthy made the logical decision.
    I do understand the logic that if you miss the 2 pt conversion early you have more time to figure out how to get the 9 points you now need. To me though it is a horrible call because you turned needing 1 possession into needing 2 possessions. The probability of completing a 2pt conversion at the end of the game I would think is much higher than winning an onside kick. Now it worked out for them because the Atlanta players are idiots and didnít know the rules or were too scared to jump on the ball. But honestly speaking there is no way they should have got that onside kick.

Quote Originally Posted by Bullseyed View Post
    Even if they were 0-2, they could still easily end up 11, 12+ wins.

Whereas the Eagles are looking at that 2022 out in Wentz's contract or hoping a team needs a QB at the deadline. Would be interesting to swap Wentz for Cousins+, as Cousins has a shorter contract life to get Hurts in there.
    Eagles will win the East.

Page 20 of 21 FirstFirst ... 1018192021 LastLast