Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

The Best Pitcher in Baseball

https://fivethirtyeight.com/features...rowing-faster/

There was no better pitcher in Major League Baseball over the last two seasons than Jacob deGrom,1 and in this shortened season he had taken his performance to another level. The New York Mets’ ace entered play Wednesday ranking first in the NL in ERA (1.67) and second among pitchers in wins above replacement (2.3). DeGrom left his Wednesday night start after just two innings due to what the club described as a hamstring spasm. But if he can continue to excel through September (deGrom believes he can make his final two scheduled starts), deGrom has a chance to post the best ERA, adjusted ERA,2 strikeout rate and swinging strike rate of his career and become the third pitcher in MLB history to win three consecutive Cy Young Awards, joining Greg Maddux (1992-95) and Randy Johnson (1999-2002), who each won four straight.

Don't worry. He's got this.

Too bad he won’t win this year because of ****ing hammy spasms.

I agree Erasmo Ramírez is a stud

David Peterson is gonna be good. Ten strikeouts against the Braves last night. I would also like to see more of Oswalt. He looked good in those last two outings before he went on the DL. This Mets pitching staff has to be rebuilt during the offseason. I say we take out the garbage. Porcello, Wacha, and Matz. ALL GARBAGE!!! Sign a frontline starter. Trade Rosario for a starter. Do something to get our rotation back on it's feet.
    Last edited by erickench; 09-20-2020 at 08:42 AM.

By the way, Verlander is getting Tommy John surgery and will miss 2021.

Quote Originally Posted by Halfmiler2 View Post
    By the way, Verlander is getting Tommy John surgery and will miss 2021.
    Figure he should just retire now.

He’s not going to pitch again until he’s 39 at the earliest.

The Best Pitcher in Baseball

Future Met Trevor Bauer is going to win CY Young.

Bauer is going to win the CY Young easily unless he has a meltdown in his last start.

Quote Originally Posted by YoungStuna View Post
    Bauer is going to win the CY Young easily unless he has a meltdown in his last start.
    Yeah presumably. Again, I am not making the case that Bauer won't win. I just don't think its a slam dunk. Neither should it be based on their respective competition and how many guys are so tightly knit together.

4 or 5 guys have a case for the NL Cy Young.
    Last edited by metswon69; 09-24-2020 at 09:37 PM.

Peterson held opponents to .222 SLG% with runners in scoring position. That's 3rd behind Bauer and Fried.

"You don't know how to drink. Your whole generation, you drink for the wrong reasons. My generation, we drink because it's good, because it feels better than unbuttoning your collar, because we deserve it. We drink because it's what men do."

Quote Originally Posted by Claymation View Post
    Peterson held opponents to .222 SLG% with runners in scoring position. That's 3rd behind Bauer and Fried.
    So we have 3 pitchers for next year. An ace, a 3rd starter and a back end guy who could be a mid rotation starter.

Don't know when we're getting Noah back, so we'll need some serious help.

Don't worry. He's got this.

Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    Yeah presumably. Again, I am not making the case that Bauer won't win. I just don't think its a slam dunk. Neither should it be based on their respective competition and how many guys are so tightly knit together.

4 or 5 guys have a case for the NL Cy Young.
    I think it’s gonna boil down to the last start. Between deGrom, Darvish, Bauer, and Lamet...the award could go to anyone. If DeGrom goes like 7 and strikes out 12...I could see him getting it regardless

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    If Trump can become president with no political background then I don't understand why I need a resumé

Bauer is going to win the Cy Young award period! We need to sign him quick! Include the catcher with the Phillies!