Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: Who is the G.O.A.T. at their absolute peak?

Voters
8. You may not vote on this poll
  • James Harden

2 25.00%
  • Tracy McGrady

0 0%
  • Reggie Miller

0 0%
  • Clyde Drexler

1 12.50%
  • Dr. J

0 0%
  • Karl Malone

1 12.50%
  • Giannis Antetokounmpo

1 12.50%
  • Elgin Baylor

0 0%
  • Rick Barry

0 0%
  • Isiah Thomas

0 0%
  • Scottie Pippen

0 0%
  • John Havlicek

0 0%
  • Allen Iverson

0 0%
  • Steve Nash

0 0%
  • John Stockton

0 0%
  • Russell Westbrook

0 0%
  • Walt Frazier

0 0%
  • Patrick Ewing

3 37.50%
  • Willis Reed

0 0%
  • Bob McAdoo

0 0%
  • Anthony Davis

0 0%
  • Kevin McHale

0 0%
  • Wes Unseld

0 0%
  • Dominique Wilkins

0 0%
  • Grant Hill

0 0%
  • George Gervin

0 0%
  • Bob Cousy

0 0%
  • George Mikan

0 0%
  • Nate "Tiny" Archibald

0 0%
  • Chris Webber

0 0%
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

OFFICIAL G.O.A.T Peak Rankings - #24 (Only 2 spots left)

Quote Originally Posted by mightybosstone View Post
    Yeah, guys like Ewing! All those titles he won make him deserving of.... Oh, wait.
    Was Ewing’s second best player someone on the level of Yao Ming? The players on this list did not have less post season success then T-Mac did when they had his level of support.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by ewing; 10-06-2020 at 07:34 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

OFFICIAL G.O.A.T Peak Rankings - #24 (Only 2 spots left)

Quote Originally Posted by Chronz View Post
    Not with the kind of talent tmac had, they also lost in r.1 in less impressive fashion. What do you consider Wade's peak, I'd argue he didn't win a title at his apex
    Not true. T-Mac lost in the first round with a second superstar.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by ewing; 10-06-2020 at 08:49 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

Is taking peak Ewing really that crazy? I'd rather him than Malone because he is a true center and can protect the rim at an elite level. In today's game would Karl Malone be an undersized C or would you have to play him in a clunky lineup with another big?

Kristaps Porzingis
    Stronger than most 15 year old girls.

Quote Originally Posted by KnicksorBust View Post
    Is taking peak Ewing really that crazy? I'd rather him than Malone because he is a true center and can protect the rim at an elite level. In today's game would Karl Malone be an undersized C or would you have to play him in a clunky lineup with another big?
    Yes. He wouldn't make the top 25 in most all-time debates, and that's factoring in longevity, which gives him an edge over other centers like Willis Reed and Bill Walton. Bottom line, Ewing's peak is not that strong. He never finished higher than 4th in an MVP vote, made only one All-NBA first team and never hit a WS/48 over .220 or a BPM over 6.0, which a lot of the guys left in this discussion have done multiple times. And the one Finals run he had as an alpha in 94, he was absolute trash in that Finals.

So if you're going to argue for Ewing's peak in the all-time top 25, what exactly is the case you're making? I guess you can look at those raw numbers of that 29/11/4 season and get excited, but there are other guys left on the list whose raw numbers are superior to those and who put up dramatically superior advanced stats. And I guess you could get excited by his defensive game, but there are superior defenders on this list, too.

And I'll admit I'm biased as it relates to the Harden conversation. I know this. But you and Ewing have to recognize you're being biased here, too. If Harden doesn't crack the top 25, I'll get over it, but Ewing definitely doesn't belong here. There's easily 10 guys left I would have picked over him. Even Karl Malone, and everyone knows how much I hate Karl Malone (whose peak is just vastly superior, BTW).

Quote Originally Posted by mightybosstone View Post
    Yes. He wouldn't make the top 25 in most all-time debates, and that's factoring in longevity, which gives him an edge over other centers like Willis Reed and Bill Walton.
    But who cares? That's not what this list is about.

Bottom line, Ewing's peak is not that strong. He never finished higher than 4th in an MVP vote, made only one All-NBA first team and never hit a WS/48 over .220 or a BPM over 6.0, which a lot of the guys left in this discussion have done multiple times. And the one Finals run he had as an alpha in 94, he was absolute trash in that Finals.
    All of the players that beat him out for MVPs (minus Karl Malone) are already on this list. You are right he's not MJ... but MJ is already on the list. You are right he's not Hakeem...but Hakeem is already on the list. You are right he's not Barkley... but Barkley is already on the list. Like what does it matter if he came in 4th / 5th for MVP voting if the only people better than him are already on the list?

So if you're going to argue for Ewing's peak in the all-time top 25, what exactly is the case you're making? I guess you can look at those raw numbers of that 29/11/4 season and get excited, but there are other guys left on the list whose raw numbers are superior to those and who put up dramatically superior advanced stats. And I guess you could get excited by his defensive game, but there are superior defenders on this list, too.
    Whose left on the list could give you 29 points per game and elite rim protection?

And I'll admit I'm biased as it relates to the Harden conversation. I know this. But you and Ewing have to recognize you're being biased here, too. If Harden doesn't crack the top 25, I'll get over it, but Ewing definitely doesn't belong here. There's easily 10 guys left I would have picked over him. Even Karl Malone, and everyone knows how much I hate Karl Malone (whose peak is just vastly superior, BTW).
    I'm not a fan of these vague general statements.

Let's do Karl Malone. What position would he play in today's game? No doubt he would be a superstar but is he an undersized center or do you need another big man around him?

Kristaps Porzingis
    Stronger than most 15 year old girls.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456