Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: Who is the G.O.A.T. at their absolute peak?

Voters
8. You may not vote on this poll
  • James Harden

2 25.00%
  • Tracy McGrady

0 0%
  • Reggie Miller

0 0%
  • Clyde Drexler

1 12.50%
  • Dr. J

0 0%
  • Karl Malone

1 12.50%
  • Giannis Antetokounmpo

1 12.50%
  • Elgin Baylor

0 0%
  • Rick Barry

0 0%
  • Isiah Thomas

0 0%
  • Scottie Pippen

0 0%
  • John Havlicek

0 0%
  • Allen Iverson

0 0%
  • Steve Nash

0 0%
  • John Stockton

0 0%
  • Russell Westbrook

0 0%
  • Walt Frazier

0 0%
  • Patrick Ewing

3 37.50%
  • Willis Reed

0 0%
  • Bob McAdoo

0 0%
  • Anthony Davis

0 0%
  • Kevin McHale

0 0%
  • Wes Unseld

0 0%
  • Dominique Wilkins

0 0%
  • Grant Hill

0 0%
  • George Gervin

0 0%
  • Bob Cousy

0 0%
  • George Mikan

0 0%
  • Nate "Tiny" Archibald

0 0%
  • Chris Webber

0 0%
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

OFFICIAL G.O.A.T Peak Rankings - #24 (Only 2 spots left)

Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    I go Karl Malone here. I get his playoff performances, but he still gave you All-NBA 1st team production for over a decade and even despite the playoff failures, he took the Jazz two 2 Finals and probably wins if not for the GOAT.
    Why is Malone better then Ewing? He is a little better at scoring but didnít back it up by being a clutch go to scorer and he wasnít a guy that created a ton of opportunities for others drawings doubles. Although he wasnít a great passer I think Ewing actually collapsed the defense more. Malone was no where the defensive force and Iíd say Pat definitely did more with less. I mean a Derrick Harper for John Stockton trade nets the Knicks a title right?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by ewing; 09-17-2020 at 07:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

I'm stuck voting for Giannis because he got so much consideration before the Bucks flamed out. I don't feel like he should drop off the earth, though. He's like modern-day Shaq: A rarely matched physical specimen and world-wrecker who needs a closer like Kobe or Wade to get over the hump.

Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    Why is Malone better then Ewing? He is a little better at scoring but didnít back it up by being a clutch go to scorer and he wasnít a guy that created a ton of opportunities for others drawings doubles. Although he wasnít a great passer I think Ewing actually collapsed the defense more. Malone was no where the defensive force and Iíd say Pat definitely did more with less. I mean a Derrick Harper for John Stockton trade nets the Knicks a title right?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Ewing with Stockton.

Kristaps Porzingis
    Stronger than most 15 year old girls.

Quote Originally Posted by mrblisterdundee View Post
    I'm stuck voting for Giannis because he got so much consideration before the Bucks flamed out. I don't feel like he should drop off the earth, though. He's like modern-day Shaq: A rarely matched physical specimen and world-wrecker who needs a closer like Kobe or Wade to get over the hump.
    I have never heard this comparison before and I kinda like it. He dominates and defenses have to plan for him in much the same way.

Kristaps Porzingis

Quote Originally Posted by mrblisterdundee View Post
    Shaq didn't decline in the playoffs to the degree Giannis has every year

Quote Originally Posted by Chronz View Post
    Shaq didn't decline in the playoffs to the degree Giannis has every year
    Yeah, I know, Giannis only had a 31.5 Per this year in the playoffs. I know itís not quite the 19.5 Per that Bill Walton has in his career best playoff run but still Bills 19.5 was just better because it just was. 19.5 > 31.5 when talking Peak...so awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by IKnowHoops View Post
    Yeah, I know, Giannis only had a 31.5 Per this year in the playoffs. I know itís not quite the 19.5 Per that Bill Walton has in his career best playoff run but still Bills 19.5 was just better because it just was. 19.5 > 31.5 when talking Peak...so awesome.
    Seriously. He massacre'd the Magic and then had like 1 bad game vs. the Heat but because Bledsoe/Middleton/Matthews were useless he gets all the blame. The guy is still 25. Give him some time. Whether some of you want to admit it or not we all know the skill is there. We're not even seeing his best version yet.

Kristaps Porzingis

Well that's because he performed exceptionally well against a far inferior team (Magic) they were always going to beat. 30 PPG, 16 RPG, 6 APG. But he played far worse when he faced a legit playoff team (Heat): 21 PPG, 11 RPG, 5 APG, .550 TS%.

This mirrored his playoffs last year: 26 PPG/12RPG/3.5APG vs Pistons, 28 PPG/11 RPG/5 APG vs Celtics, but only 22 PPG/13 RPG/5.5 APG/ .518 TS% vs Toronto.

Compare that to Walton's playoff's in 77:
    Chicago: 17 PPG/12 RPG/4 APG/4 BPG
    Nuggets: 17 PPG/13 RPG/6 APG/3 BPG
    Lakers: 19 PPG/15 RPG/6 APG/2 BPG
    76ers: 19 PPG/19 RPG/5 APG/4 BPG

And take it even further, the Blazers were down 0-2 in the Finals to the 76ers and came back and won the next 4 games. They won Game 6 by 2 points, here was Walton's stats that game:

20 pts, 23 rebs, 7 asts, 8 blcks

Basically, Giannis completely collapsed when facing the top teams in the postseason whereas Walton performed better the better teams got in the postseason. And when the Blazers needed a win to avoid G7 of the Finals, Walton played masterfully.

Walton is definitely a better playoff performer than Giannis.

What's crazy is Walton isn't even that much of a scorer but he's not scoring that much less than Giannis did in the Raptors and Heat series, while grabbing more rebounds, having as many assists and anchoring the defense.

Yeah, you should put the gun down, you're using it wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by KnicksorBust View Post
    Seriously. He massacre'd the Magic and then had like 1 bad game vs. the Heat but because Bledsoe/Middleton/Matthews were useless he gets all the blame. The guy is still 25. Give him some time. Whether some of you want to admit it or not we all know the skill is there. We're not even seeing his best version yet.
    The mighty injured Magic in the bubble, big whoop. In the 3 full games he lost vs the Heat he sported a 106 ORTG, even his offensive rebounding couldn't make him efficient. He was also making stupid decisions with possessions (taking early 3's, missing open teammates). He was having a breakout game in g4, where he makes up for alot of the advanced numbers but he got injured playing that way, his floor game was still awful and we dont know how he finishes the game when it matters most. Hes coming up soon but lets not act like hes pulling some early LeBron ****.

What's crazy is Walton isn't even that much of a scorer but he's not scoring that much less than Giannis did in the Raptors and Heat series, while grabbing more rebounds, having as many assists and anchoring the defense.
    BUT BUT BUT per

Well that's because he performed exceptionally well against a far inferior team (Magic) they were always going to beat. 30 PPG, 16 RPG, 6 APG. But he played far worse when he faced a legit playoff team (Heat): 21 PPG, 11 RPG, 5 APG, .550 TS%.

This mirrored his playoffs last year: 26 PPG/12RPG/3.5APG vs Pistons, 28 PPG/11 RPG/5 APG vs Celtics, but only 22 PPG/13 RPG/5.5 APG/ .518 TS% vs Toronto.

Compare that to Walton's playoff's in 77:
    Chicago: 17 PPG/12 RPG/4 APG/4 BPG
    Nuggets: 17 PPG/13 RPG/6 APG/3 BPG
    Lakers: 19 PPG/15 RPG/6 APG/2 BPG
    76ers: 19 PPG/19 RPG/5 APG/4 BPG

And take it even further, the Blazers were down 0-2 in the Finals to the 76ers and came back and won the next 4 games. They won Game 6 by 2 points, here was Walton's stats that game:

20 pts, 23 rebs, 7 asts, 8 blcks

Basically, Giannis completely collapsed when facing the top teams in the postseason whereas Walton performed better the better teams got in the postseason. And when the Blazers needed a win to avoid G7 of the Finals, Walton played masterfully.

Walton is definitely a better playoff performer than Giannis.
    Heís not though. He kept getting better true, but his best was nowhere near what Giannisís best was. He kept improving, thatís great, he was still never playing at a higher level than Giannis. It wasnít till Giannis played his worst where him and Bill had similar stats.

BUT BUT BUT per
    But but but WS
    But but but everything

Yeah, you should put the gun down, you're using it wrong.
    Nah, you think because when you go from a limp 3 to a hard 5 your doing something, where as Iím slanging 10 and maybe have an off night with an 8 and you think because you improved that the girl likes it more. Doesnít work like that buddy. Let me guess, your single?

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast