Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 25
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    15,928

    Are lebron/other "player" stans bandwagon fans?

    kind of a big thought i had. Are fans of players that cheer for that specific plaer as they create super team after super team. Are they bandwagon fans or no? And given my username I expect to have to justify my position. I am a bucks fan and would not actively bandwagon for giannis and be a mega fan if he leaves. I will hope he does well but I will also hope the bucks will do better. but utmost respekt and honor to giannis if he leaves.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    IL
    Posts
    28,076
    I'm a LeBron fan. I'm honest about it.

    Bandwagon fans do not stick with a team or player through thick and thin


    I want to see LeBron succeed, and right now that happens to coincide with the Lakers succeeding.

    If someone thinks I'm a bandwagon fan, they're wrong. Its pretty simple
    Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk
    Last edited by blams; 10-04-2020 at 08:14 PM.

    Click here to register!

    Hope to see some new posters around here soon.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Washington
    Posts
    36,264
    I think there has been a shift the past decade or so where more fans become fans of individual players than of teams.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Nov 2019
    Posts
    4,988
    Duh lmao. There’s a cult of them here

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    parts unknown
    Posts
    50,561
    Yes.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Rep Power: 0




    Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    15,928
    Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    I think there has been a shift the past decade or so where more fans become fans of individual players than of teams.
    which is why I aks the question in the first place. So then that leads into a bigger debate as to if that's helping or hurting the NBA grow the game. I personally think it hurts as it essentially create super-markets and the smaller markets the players leave from losing business via local restaurants, etc. Yet as a Bucks fan, I fully acknowledge that without Giannis & Govenor Scott Walker- that we we don't have the new arena and are probably the Seattle bucks.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Miami Heat
    Posts
    4,205
    Being a fan of a player rather than a specific team is not a difficult concept to grasp. People are entitled to who they like. Bandwagon = running to the winners only. If people are bandwagoning Lebron, they aren't doing a very good job of it since he's 3-6 in the Finals.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    San Jose, Ca.
    Posts
    681
    Of course it is. If you follow a specific player because you knew them or they are from your hood or something, then that is different. For most people who follow a player, that is not the case. They follow them because they are great and great players in the NBA will always be competing for championships. It is way easier to root for a player than a team as you are guaranteed much more success that way.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Miami, FL
    Posts
    16,348
    Championships are a team accomplishment, not a player accomplishment. So with that said, root for and Stan as many players as you want, but you lose the privilege to celebrate the championships as a true team fan. You wasn't with that team "shooting in the gym".

    You weren't putting all your hopes and dreams into Andrew Goudelock. GTFOH if you try and celebrate championships as a player fan. You're a bandwagoner in that regard.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Miami, FL
    Posts
    16,348
    Quote Originally Posted by Allphakenny1 View Post
    Of course it is. If you follow a specific player because you knew them or they are from your hood or something, then that is different. For most people who follow a player, that is not the case. They follow them because they are great and great players in the NBA will always be competing for championships. It is way easier to root for a player than a team as you are guaranteed much more success that way.
    I agree with your exception for players from your hood or that you personally knew.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Philadelphia
    Posts
    115,193
    you can respect greatness and not be a fan of said team.... they arent bandwagon fans for liking players.... bandwagon fans are those that jump to that team because of said player... if the lakers play the sixers id want the sixers to win every single time but if the lakers and lebron play anyone else i want lebron to clap.... not really that hard to comprehend.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Central VA
    Posts
    12,836
    Im a Lebron fan, and Im open about it.

    I talk basketball with roughly 20 of my friends, theres me and 1 of other guy that are Lebron fans. The other 18 absolutely hate his guts, like skip bayless hate him... Like life long Lakers fans that quit being Lakers fans because they signed him. Obviously here on PSD the ratio isnt like that, but If I'm on a bandwagon for liking a guy that about 90% of the people I talk to wish career ending injury to on a daily basis, so be it.
    YOU JUST MADE THE LIST!!!!!

    HAPPY RUSSEV DAY!!!

    2019 PSD Fantasy Nascar Champion

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Miami, FL
    Posts
    16,348
    Quote Originally Posted by Giannis94 View Post
    So then that leads into a bigger debate as to if that's helping or hurting the NBA grow the game.
    It surely helps. The NBA loves to see that fan watch as many games as possible, drive to the local arena you watch the 1-2 games annually that LeBron visits, and buy all 30 variations of LeBron jerseys for every team he's played for. Put simply, player fans drive revenue the same as real fans.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    5,156
    I will watch Butler and Curry whenever they are on. Curry is so fun to watch and love everything about Butler how he carries himself and everything he went through in his life.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    15,928
    Quote Originally Posted by beasted86 View Post
    Championships are a team accomplishment, not a player accomplishment. So with that said, root for and Stan as many players as you want, but you lose the privilege to celebrate the championships as a true team fan. You wasn't with that team "shooting in the gym".

    You weren't putting all your hopes and dreams into Andrew Goudelock. GTFOH if you try and celebrate championships as a player fan. You're a bandwagoner in that regard.
    If Championships are a team accomplishment then Bron fans need to stop overrating one individual player on a 15 man team plus the 8-10 man coaching staff that further helps him.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •