Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

We need to bring the competition back into the NBA

Y'all in trouble...y'all in trouble...love that fierce dog in players...we need more of that in the NBA...more trash talk equals passion!!! Don't make em like Jimmy Butler anymore in today's NBA!!! I remember back in my day growing up in the 90s and 2000s, players would not only talk trash to you all game but defense would be hard as hell!!! We need to bring all that smoke back y'all...bringing hard competition and passion back during games will make games more entertaining but also toughen up all these players who is soft!!! Definitely toughen up all these kids who come into the league too...then and only then will the NBA truly feel like the NBA of old!!!

Kinda hard to have competitiveness when 1/3 of the league is always trying to tank.

Quote Originally Posted by R. Johnson#3 View Post
    Kinda hard to have competitiveness when 1/3 of the league is always trying to tank.
    Good point but then again players well most are soft

The players you are talking about have been sold out by the media as bad guys. People don't realize that MJ and Larry Bird were the nastiest meanest trash talkers in the game, but back then the media and the officials didn't talk about it and didn't react to it. Rasheed Wallace became the poster child, and Stern wanted the media to keep reporting on everything he did and ever ejection, every fine ... he didn't fit in Stern's NBA. LeBron's passive aggressive attacks are supposedly more palatable so we are getting more like him.

Now we have Draymond Green, Jimmy Butler, and Patrick Beverley may be the last 3 in the game like Sheed was. Mad about everything and telling everyone about it.

Ah yes, the good ole days of the 90s and early 00s where competition amounted to low scoring, slow paced foul fests. That's what the nba needs. Less soft players, more free throws and less scoring.

Quote Originally Posted by crewfan13 View Post
    Ah yes, the good ole days of the 90s and early 00s where competition amounted to low scoring, slow paced foul fests. That's what the nba needs. Less soft players, more free throws and less scoring.
    At least the competition was more fierce

Quote Originally Posted by crewfan13 View Post
    Getting rid of hand checking and allowing zone defense is what changed it ... the PR machine going against players who play angry and loud is different.

Give me a break. Its all preference. LeBron is just as competitive as Jimmy.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Click here to register!

Hope to see some new posters around here soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Tg11 View Post
    Y'all in trouble...y'all in trouble...love that fierce dog in players...we need more of that in the NBA...more trash talk equals passion!!! Don't make em like Jimmy Butler anymore in today's NBA!!! I remember back in my day growing up in the 90s and 2000s, players would not only talk trash to you all game but defense would be hard as hell!!! We need to bring all that smoke back y'all...bringing hard competition and passion back during games will make games more entertaining but also toughen up all these players who is soft!!! Definitely toughen up all these kids who come into the league too...then and only then will the NBA truly feel like the NBA of old!!!
    What the **** is this post? Why are there so many exclamation points? Are you trying to make a point here or something? I don't know what this is supposed to be.

I don't really know what you even mean by "competition." I'm consistently seeing teams compete ever night in these playoffs. The bubble basketball has been pretty damn good. Are you saying you want more hard fouls or something or more violence? I just don't get it, man. What point are you even trying to make?

Quote Originally Posted by Tg11 View Post
    I agree. Jimmy finally letting out his frustration once the game was decided and **** talking lebron was VERY entertaining. Even Herro's goofy snarl was awesome.

Kristaps Porzingis
    Stronger than most 15 year old girls.

Quote Originally Posted by KnicksorBust View Post
    I agree. Jimmy finally letting out his frustration once the game was decided and **** talking lebron was VERY entertaining. Even Herro's goofy snarl was awesome.
    Had to get LeBron back because LeBron was talking crazy to Herro after the first quarter and then Jimmy jumped in and LeBron told Jimmy we were in trouble lol

Quote Originally Posted by Iggie View Post
    Had to get LeBron back because LeBron was talking crazy to Herro after the first quarter and then Jimmy jumped in and LeBron told Jimmy we were in trouble lol
    I enjoy trash talk during games because these days players don't do it enough

Wtf? Go watch WWE if you want drama.

I don't mind friendly sh-- talking, but we don't need Draymond Green (kicking people in the nuts) type of players in the league. I expect inferior opponents to use those type of tactics to try to get the edge over a player. I like watching basketball... skill/athetlic based basketball... theatrics may be entertaining, but I don't think it gives you the best product.

It's no coincident my favorite players of all time weren't like that in any way shape or form: Tim Duncan (humble af), Dirk Nowitzki (humble af), Kawhi Leonard (humble af), Luka Doncic (hot af)... While I respect MJ, Kobe, etc... I never really cheered for them. My guys didn't need to act like an idiot to get their rings.
    2015 Bull's Mock Trade Game Championship Team

San Antonio Spurs

PG: Chris Paul | Patty Mills | Jose Calderon
    SG: Khris Middleton | J.J. Redick | Iman Shumpert
    SF: DeMarre Carroll | P.J. Tucker | Anthony Morrow
    PF: Tim Duncan | Carlos Boozer | Kyle O'Quinn
    C : Al Horford | Rudy Gobert

MJ - punching teammates, the ultimate Karen who also happens to be the greatest player of all time
    LeBron/Wade - making fun of Dirk when he was sick in the Finals... only to get their a-- kicked
    KG - the ultimate fake tough guy, trying to start fights he really wants no part of
    Draymond - kicking people in the nuts
    CP3 - loud-mouthed, hot-head
    Kobe - the goat face was stupid, he at least wasn't a punk to just anyone though (usually other egomaniacs)

I admit, it was entertaining to watch these guys play and act extra, but it's not really what I want to watch. Much like the presidential debate was 100% entertaining to watch, it's not really what I wanted to see.
    2015 Bull's Mock Trade Game Championship Team

San Antonio Spurs

PG: Chris Paul | Patty Mills | Jose Calderon
    SG: Khris Middleton | J.J. Redick | Iman Shumpert
    SF: DeMarre Carroll | P.J. Tucker | Anthony Morrow
    PF: Tim Duncan | Carlos Boozer | Kyle O'Quinn
    C : Al Horford | Rudy Gobert

Quote Originally Posted by Redrum187 View Post
    Wtf? Go watch WWE if you want drama.

I don't mind friendly sh-- talking, but we don't need Draymond Green (kicking people in the nuts) type of players in the league. I expect inferior opponents to use those type of tactics to try to get the edge over a player. I like watching basketball... skill/athetlic based basketball... theatrics may be entertaining, but I don't think it gives you the best product.

It's no coincident my favorite players of all time weren't like that in any way shape or form: Tim Duncan (humble af), Dirk Nowitzki (humble af), Kawhi Leonard (humble af), Luka Doncic (hot af)... While I respect MJ, Kobe, etc... I never really cheered for them. My guys didn't need to act like an idiot to get their rings.
    Are you a woman?

Kawhi humble af? Lol

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast