Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: Who is the G.O.A.T. at their absolute peak?

Voters
8. You may not vote on this poll
  • James Harden

2 25.00%
  • Tracy McGrady

0 0%
  • Reggie Miller

0 0%
  • Clyde Drexler

1 12.50%
  • Dr. J

0 0%
  • Karl Malone

1 12.50%
  • Giannis Antetokounmpo

1 12.50%
  • Elgin Baylor

0 0%
  • Rick Barry

0 0%
  • Isiah Thomas

0 0%
  • Scottie Pippen

0 0%
  • John Havlicek

0 0%
  • Allen Iverson

0 0%
  • Steve Nash

0 0%
  • John Stockton

0 0%
  • Russell Westbrook

0 0%
  • Walt Frazier

0 0%
  • Patrick Ewing

3 37.50%
  • Willis Reed

0 0%
  • Bob McAdoo

0 0%
  • Anthony Davis

0 0%
  • Kevin McHale

0 0%
  • Wes Unseld

0 0%
  • Dominique Wilkins

0 0%
  • Grant Hill

0 0%
  • George Gervin

0 0%
  • Bob Cousy

0 0%
  • George Mikan

0 0%
  • Nate "Tiny" Archibald

0 0%
  • Chris Webber

0 0%
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by KnicksorBust View Post
    A non-Knicks fan went Ewing. It is meant to be. His almost 30ppg and elite defense would translate to any era. He could sweat just as good in 2020 as he did in the 90s
    Sweet counts baby. Pound for pound best motor you can find

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

Quote Originally Posted by IKnowHoops View Post
    Then you should put your gun down
    I know you are but what am I? lol I dont rely on straws

What are the chances 3 weeks from now Anthony Davis is holding up a Finals MVP trophy and we are wondering if he should have been on the list?

Kristaps Porzingis
    Stronger than most 15 year old girls.

If Ewing cracks the top 25, this list is officially dead to me. Dude was a great player, but was at best the fourth best center of his generation and had one of the poorest Finals performances of any star in league history. On top of that, his production just doesn't come close to other guys on this list. And I'm not just talking about Harden. Giannis, Dr. J, Malone, Davis, McGrady, etc. If we were talking top 35, OK. But dude does not deserve to be this high. That's ridiculous.

Quote Originally Posted by mightybosstone View Post
    If Ewing cracks the top 25, this list is officially dead to me. Dude was a great player, but was at best the fourth best center of his generation and had one of the poorest Finals performances of any star in league history. On top of that, his production just doesn't come close to other guys on this list. And I'm not just talking about Harden. Giannis, Dr. J, Malone, Davis, McGrady, etc. If we were talking top 35, OK. But dude does not deserve to be this high. That's ridiculous.
    Well you have terrible takes

What in the world is this list. How can Steph Curry be above Wade and Kobe? Dude is known to be a worse performer in the playoffs compared to the regular season. He has never been a deciding factor on defense either.

The criteria baffles me. By pure stats, Anthony Davis is a top 10 playoff performer. 30/12/3 on 55% shooting, with DPOY-level defense. Rings are thrown out the window, right?

Also, Kawhi over KD . There's really no argument needed for this after what happened.

Quote Originally Posted by Chronz View Post
    Shaq didn't decline in the playoffs to the degree Giannis has every year
    He also played with Penny/Kobe/Wade. But yeah Kris Middleton is on their level🤣

Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    Well you have terrible takes

I mean you talk about Malone not being a "go to scorer" down the stretch and your voting for a guy who misses wide open layups to win playoff games. So I dunno who's got the more terrible take. Also, why is it that only Stockton and Malone get penalized for playing with another great player? I've never seen any other players have that "but they played with so and so therefore they aren't that good". If you want to hear about how good Stockton was say Malone was good and if ya want to hear how good Malone is say Stockton was good. I mean if you say neither belongs on this peak list that's fine but I just don't get some of the arguments used against them in these kinds of discussions.

OFFICIAL G.O.A.T Peak Rankings - #24 (Only 2 spots left)

Quote Originally Posted by JAZZNC View Post
    I mean you talk about Malone not being a "go to scorer" down the stretch and your voting for a guy who misses wide open layups to win playoff games. So I dunno who's got the more terrible take. Also, why is it that only Stockton and Malone get penalized for playing with another great player? I've never seen any other players have that "but they played with so and so therefore they aren't that good". If you want to hear about how good Stockton was say Malone was good and if ya want to hear how good Malone is say Stockton was good. I mean if you say neither belongs on this peak list that's fine but I just don't get some of the arguments used against them in these kinds of discussions.
    Neither Ewing nor Malone were great go to scorers. Patís %s dipped in the playoffs as well. He did get 29,14, and 4 in that game 7 where he blew a layup and made a game winner in the same spot the year before. Neither vanished but they werenít great good to scorers either

I said Malone was a better scorer. Being a big scorer sometimes goes hand and hand with being that clutch go to scorer. If it did it might put Malone over a Ewing for me but i donít think it did.

Pat was a much more impactful defender. He experienced similar team success in the same era with less surrounding talent. If you donít think that matters fine. I think it does

Last edited by ewing; 09-20-2020 at 10:16 AM.

Neither Ewing nor Malone were great go to scorers. Patís %s dipped in the playoffs as well. He did get 29,14, and 4 in that game 7 where he blew a layup and made a game winner in the same spot the year before. Neither vanished but they werenít great good to scorers either

I said Malone was a better scorer. Being a big scorer sometimes goes hand and hand with being that clutch go to scorer. If it did it might put Malone over a Ewing for me but i donít think it did.

Pat was a much more impactful defender. He experienced similar team success in the same era with less surrounding talent. If you donít think that matters fine. I think it does

I think the defense thing is a decent point. However, I think that type of debate is difficult when looking at different positions. I mean Malone was a helluva defender he just wasn't a rim protector like Ewing because he wasn't 7' tall. I mean it is what it is but I think they were both great defenders and yeah they dipped offensively in the playoffs but man the paint was so jammed up back then and given the lack of other scoring options on both squads Malone and Ewing got a TON of attention. You could double either because you'd live with the likes of Charles Oakley and Greg Ostertag being left alone. I think in a peak convo they're close enough it probably just comes down to who you're a bigger fan of. Career wise it's not remotely close but in this type of thing they are fairly similar.

Side note, who as a big has ever been a great clutch go to scorer? Definitely Dream, Dirk, maybe Barkley/Duncan?? I mean as dominant as Shaq was he damn sure wasn't a go to clutch scorer, he was fortunate enough to play with Kobe/Wade/Penny. Ewing/Malone certainly didn't have that luxury.
    Last edited by JAZZNC; 09-20-2020 at 12:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by DanG View Post
    What in the world is this list. How can Steph Curry be above Wade and Kobe? Dude is known to be a worse performer in the playoffs compared to the regular season. He has never been a deciding factor on defense either.

The criteria baffles me. By pure stats, Anthony Davis is a top 10 playoff performer. 30/12/3 on 55% shooting, with DPOY-level defense. Rings are thrown out the window, right?

Also, Kawhi over KD . There's really no argument needed for this after what happened.
    Yeah there is. We've seen FAR worse from the likes of KD . Agreed on curry but he's right there

He also played with Penny/Kobe/Wade. But yeah Kris Middleton is on their level🤣
    he's played without them and never declined. Unless you're trying to argue teen Kobe does anything but take away shots from the superior player

the correct answer btw, is tmac

I think the defense thing is a decent point. However, I think that type of debate is difficult when looking at different positions. I mean Malone was a helluva defender he just wasn't a rim protector like Ewing because he wasn't 7' tall. I mean it is what it is but I think they were both great defenders and yeah they dipped offensively in the playoffs but man the paint was so jammed up back then and given the lack of other scoring options on both squads Malone and Ewing got a TON of attention. You could double either because you'd live with the likes of Charles Oakley and Greg Ostertag being left alone. I think in a peak convo they're close enough it probably just comes down to who you're a bigger fan of. Career wise it's not remotely close but in this type of thing they are fairly similar.

Side note, who as a big has ever been a great clutch go to scorer? Definitely Dream, Dirk, maybe Barkley/Duncan?? I mean as dominant as Shaq was he damn sure wasn't a go to clutch scorer, he was fortunate enough to play with Kobe/Wade/Penny. Ewing/Malone certainly didn't have that luxury.
    You make good point about the crowded paint. It was a rough and tumble style. Scoring was no cake walk for or against the Knicks in a playoff game. Same with the Jazz

I respect Malone as a defender but great big men defenders were just more capable of influencing the game. I also think Pat is easily the most underrated defender of our lifetime. People act like itís just happened that the Georgetown went to 3 finals bc of an intimating defense, the Knicks were the hardest team to score on for nearly a decade, and Mourning and Deke were mentored by Pat and great on that end. There one common factor. Itís Pat Ewing. He was a monster on that end

The Knicks also had the benefit of playing in the inferior conference (the years Jordan wasn't there). And as bad as Malone was at times in the playoff, I'm not sure he ever had a playoff series as bad as Ewing did against Hakeem in the 94 Finals.

19/12/2/1/4 on 36% shooting (!) with a 39% TS% and an 85 ORtg

Say what you will about Harden or Barkley or Malone or any other all-time great with a bad postseason resume, but it's hard to **** the bed harder than Ewing did in 94. Dude got ouplayed by Derek Harper in that seriesólet that sink in for a minute.

Edit: I just checked to see how he played in Games 6 and 7 when the Knicks could have won that series. He scored 34 points on 37 shots. Imagine any elite player of this era doing that and how badly that player would be destroyed on social media the rest of his career.
    Last edited by mightybosstone; 09-20-2020 at 08:34 PM.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast