Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: Who is the G.O.A.T. at their absolute peak?

Voters
8. You may not vote on this poll
  • James Harden

2 25.00%
  • Tracy McGrady

0 0%
  • Reggie Miller

0 0%
  • Clyde Drexler

1 12.50%
  • Dr. J

0 0%
  • Karl Malone

1 12.50%
  • Giannis Antetokounmpo

1 12.50%
  • Elgin Baylor

0 0%
  • Rick Barry

0 0%
  • Isiah Thomas

0 0%
  • Scottie Pippen

0 0%
  • John Havlicek

0 0%
  • Allen Iverson

0 0%
  • Steve Nash

0 0%
  • John Stockton

0 0%
  • Russell Westbrook

0 0%
  • Walt Frazier

0 0%
  • Patrick Ewing

3 37.50%
  • Willis Reed

0 0%
  • Bob McAdoo

0 0%
  • Anthony Davis

0 0%
  • Kevin McHale

0 0%
  • Wes Unseld

0 0%
  • Dominique Wilkins

0 0%
  • Grant Hill

0 0%
  • George Gervin

0 0%
  • Bob Cousy

0 0%
  • George Mikan

0 0%
  • Nate "Tiny" Archibald

0 0%
  • Chris Webber

0 0%
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

OFFICIAL G.O.A.T Peak Rankings - #24 (Only 2 spots left)

Quote Originally Posted by mightybosstone View Post
    The Knicks also had the benefit of playing in the inferior conference (the years Jordan wasn't there). And as bad as Malone was at times in the playoff, I'm not sure he ever had a playoff series as bad as Ewing did against Hakeem in the 94 Finals.

19/12/2/1/4 on 36% shooting (!) with a 39% TS% and an 85 ORtg

Say what you will about Harden or Barkley or Malone or any other all-time great with a bad postseason resume, but it's hard to **** the bed harder than Ewing did in 94. Dude got ouplayed by Derek Harper in that series—let that sink in for a minute.

Edit: I just checked to see how he played in Games 6 and 7 when the Knicks could have won that series. He scored 34 points on 37 shots. Imagine any elite player of this era doing that and how badly that player would be destroyed on social media the rest of his career.
    His prime overlapped with Jordan’s prime. He did not play in an inferior conference. Also in the finals you are referencing neither team averaged 90 points a game. Buckets weren’t easy to come by. You want to compare his shooting numbers to what happens in a totally different context. He did get out played by Hakeem clearly. Thinking it was the worst series anyone could play or that he was less valuable then D Harper only shows how clueless you are.

Like i said you have terrible takes

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by ewing; 09-20-2020 at 10:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    His prime overlapped with Jordan’s prime. He did not play in an inferior conference.
    I literally clarified this in my previous post. (I know reading is hard.) Ewing's Knicks went to one ECF with Jordan playing in Chicago and otherwise never made it out of the second round. Jordan retires and then New York goes to the Finals and ECF in back-to-back years with Ewing well past his prime.

When Jordan wasn't playing, it's hard to argue the East was as strong as the West. That's my point.

Also in the finals you are referencing neither team averaged 90 point a game. Buckets weren’t easy to come by. You want to compare his shooting numbers to what happens in a different era playing and completely different style of basketball.

He did get out played by Hakeem clearly. Thinking it was the worst series anyone could play or that he was less valuable then D Harper only shows how clueless you are.
    No. You're trying to justify Ewing's poor performance by the opponent and the era. But even though Ewing was never a hyperefficient guy, he still averaged a 55% TS% that season. And compare his TS% to his teammates. The other five guys on the roster who played at least 100 minutes that series had a TS% over 48%. None of the Rockets main contributors had one below 43%.

Then factor in that Ewing was a skilled and extremely athletic legit 7-footer, and there's just no excuse for that. If Starks did that (and he certainly tried to with that Game 7 performance), you could almost forgive it. But Ewing? No. Dude didn't just get outplayed; he was as dominated as I've ever seen a star player dominated in a Finals. People love to bring up Hakeem's domination of David Robinson the following year, but Robinson played way better than Ewing did against Hakeem the year prior.

Like i said you have terrible takes
    I'm sorry if I have a hard time taking a guy seriously who regularly bashes the second greatest player of all time and the greatest of this generation every chance he gets. Compared to you, my takes are Pulitzer-worthy.
    Last edited by mightybosstone; 09-21-2020 at 06:38 AM.

I literally clarified this in my previous post. (I know reading is hard.) Ewing's Knicks went to one ECF without Jordan playing in Chicago and otherwise never made it out of the second round. Jordan retires and then New York goes to the Finals and ECF in back-to-back years with Ewing well past his prime.

When Jordan wasn't playing, it's hard to argue the East was as strong as the West. That's my point.

No. You're trying to justify Ewing's poor performance by the opponent and the era. But even though Ewing was never a hyperefficient guy, he still averaged a 55% TS% that season. And compare his TS% to his teammates. The other five guys on the roster who played at least 100 minutes that series had a TS% over 48%. None of the Rockets main contributors had one below 43%.

Then factor in that Ewing was a skilled and extremely athletic legit 7-footer, and there's just no excuse for that. If Starks did that (and he certainly tried to with that Game 7 performance), you could almost forgive it. But Ewing? No. Dude didn't just get outplayed; he was as dominated as I've ever seen a star player dominated in a Finals. People love to bring up Hakeem's domination of David Robinson the following year, but Robinson played way better than Ewing did against Hakeem the year prior.

I'm sorry if I have a hard time taking a guy seriously who regularly bashes the second greatest player of all time and the greatest of this generation every chance he gets. Compared to you, my takes are Pulitzer-worthy.
    What? We were just talking about Ewing in the NBA finals and you responded by saying they only got to one ECFs. They got to the NBA finals. Your not getting a Pulitzer

It’s not my problem if you have a crush on LeBron. He’s an all time great and a ***** I think the guy’s the 2nd greatest player of all time why do I have to be a fan?

Last edited by ewing; 09-20-2020 at 11:39 PM.

AD needs a mention. What he’s doing now in his western finals debut on both ends is elite. Maybe this list is moving a little to fast.

#1 in win shares for the playoffs. Playoffs is not over but Davis is on his way to make this list and have guys like Leonard and Curry trying to catch Davis.

Quote Originally Posted by Bostonjorge View Post
    AD needs a mention. What he’s doing now in his western finals debut on both ends is elite. Maybe this list is moving a little to fast.

#1 in win shares for the playoffs. Playoffs is not over but Davis is on his way to make this list and have guys like Leonard and Curry trying to catch Davis.
    AD is an interesting case. I think he is as good a scorer as anyone in the league not named KD. With the league downsizing he like KD has become an elite defender. He doesn’t create pace or break people down with the bounce which is how most shots are create in today’s NBA. Does that make him less elite then smaller ball handlers? Playing with Bron he doesn’t have to do those things but I think it is an interesting question. I think refusing to play center might hold down his individual a little value as well. We saw how pretty an offense can look with him at the 5 and proper spacing his last year in NO. I think that is how you could really max out his individual impact. It not nessacry when you are playing with LBJ though.

AD is clearly a great big but are NBA bigs a little like NFL running backs now in that they are just not as valuable as play making wings?

I think the last question is do you account for the fact that he didn't have great playoff sucess until he cheated so he could play next to an all time great? The numbers and the prefromances are certainly real but I think there is also something to be said for making adjustments and defeating challanges. When TMAC got under Dirk and people realized a smaller defender could take him out of this game he didn't switch teams, he developed a stronger base and starting destroying those guys in the the mid post.

AD might get mutiple rings out of this but will they be more impressive then Dirk's one?

Last edited by ewing; 09-21-2020 at 09:17 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bostonjorge View Post

He got mentioned.

Kristaps Porzingis
    Stronger than most 15 year old girls.

Quote Originally Posted by KnicksorBust View Post
    He got mentioned.
    What's your justification for picking Ewing here?

clear DNA evidence

If he played now he would be DPOY and feasting off pick and rolls and had a jumper. I love the all-around skills at his peak. I think what he accomplished with the Knicks with no other great players shows how good he was. I know just swapping teams is a horrible way to judge players (but of course I'm about to do it anyway lol) but if you put him on the Jazz with Stockton and Hornacek I think they win a title. Malone on the Knicks? He's not leading the to 60 wins and all those great seasons.

Kristaps Porzingis
    Stronger than most 15 year old girls.

LOL, we refused to announce Ewing the winner here. Willis Reed tops him easily anyways. We should finish this tho, only thing worse than voting for Harden is voting for Ewing imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Chronz View Post
    LOL, we refused to announce Ewing the winner here. Willis Reed tops him easily anyways. We should finish this tho, only thing worse than voting for Harden is voting for Ewing imo.
    To be fair you voted for a guy who never got out of the first round in a GOAT debate so let's not get too judgemental.

Quote Originally Posted by JAZZNC View Post
    To be fair you voted for a guy who never got out of the first round in a GOAT debate so let's not get too judgemental.
    Its a GOAT PEAK debate, get it right.

And why wouldn't I? Look at what guys we already voted for did when they had similar support as peak Tmac did. It was less impressive lol

Quote Originally Posted by Chronz View Post
    Its a GOAT PEAK debate, get it right.

And why wouldn't I? Look at what guys we already voted for did when they had similar support as peak Tmac did. It was less impressive lol
    They won titles.

They won titles.

Yeah, guys like Ewing! All those titles he won make him deserving of.... Oh, wait.

They won titles.

Not with the kind of talent tmac had, they also lost in r.1 in less impressive fashion. What do you consider Wade's peak, I'd argue he didn't win a title at his apex

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast