Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    Thank god it will be Rush lol. Heís bad but at least he can complete a pass beyond 10 yards and he has experience with Moore. So who knows

Quote Originally Posted by Mamba42 View Post
    Thank god it will be Rush lol. Heís bad but at least he can complete a pass beyond 10 yards and he has experience with Moore. So who knows
    Letís see how he handles an elite pass rush. I hope he has some wheels in him because heís going to running for life in this game.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jets are going to finish more than likely with the first pick. I know this isn't Madden football but I'd offer them Dak, Zeke, & Cooper for their #1 pick (I'd throw in our 1st if needed). Not sure as a GM if you could resist that trade. Never going to happen but as a GM I'd have to seriously think about it.

Quote Originally Posted by lbz88 View Post
    Jets are going to finish more than likely with the first pick. I know this isn't Madden football but I'd offer them Dak, Zeke, & Cooper for their #1 pick (I'd throw in our 1st if needed). Not sure as a GM if you could resist that trade. Never going to happen but as a GM I'd have to seriously think about it.
    What?! Thatíd be a terrible trade lol. Trade a top 10 QB, a top RB and top WR for a QB who may or may not work out!

I understand trying to avoid big contracts but Cooperís absolutely fine as he is a very good player. Zeke is the only contract I really hate (well and maybe Jaylon Smithís).

That clears 2 big contracts and Dak who will end up with $40 million. Pollard is the better back. Gallup, Lamb, Wilson are fine at WR. Allows you to either cut J Smith and eat the contract or even just keep him. With the cap space you can bring in people to fill the holes on the D. It's dreaming cause it will never happen. Lawrence is going to be draft by the Jets but will never take a snap for them. He will force a trade, key is who will ante up what they might ask for.

Quote Originally Posted by lbz88 View Post
    That clears 2 big contracts and Dak who will end up with $40 million. Pollard is the better back. Gallup, Lamb, Wilson are fine at WR. Allows you to either cut J Smith and eat the contract or even just keep him. With the cap space you can bring in people to fill the holes on the D. It's dreaming cause it will never happen. Lawrence is going to be draft by the Jets but will never take a snap for them. He will force a trade, key is who will ante up what they might ask for.
    Yeah I can see the logic for wanting to clear out big contracts but my issue is mostly with the compensation. We should expect a lot more than that for Dak alone. Zeke is hard to move but Cooper should also get us a first I would think. Heís locked down and a number 1 WR.

Lawrence will be a hot commodity, so there will be a lot of suitors competing to get him. The asking price will be high. Darnold's not quite panning out for the Jets, so it'd be interesting to see what they do if they get the #1. The Cowboys might not have a bad enough record to get that #1, but what if Justin Fields is still available at that time. They still have holes at the offensive line, defensive line and parts of that defense.

Quote Originally Posted by rocketfuel View Post
    Lawrence will be a hot commodity, so there will be a lot of suitors competing to get him. The asking price will be high. Darnold's not quite panning out for the Jets, so it'd be interesting to see what they do if they get the #1. The Cowboys might not have a bad enough record to get that #1, but what if Justin Fields is still available at that time. They still have holes at the offensive line, defensive line and parts of that defense.
    The OL should be better next year. I expect them to draft 1 or 2 OL but they will be fine.

As for Trevor Lawrence, Iím on the fence as far as trading up to get him. It will be costly however not as costly if they are moving up from 2 to 1. It will cost a lot though, at least a future 1st. This possibility though will depend on how much the Jets brass like Justin Fields. And donít forget we havenít even got to the combine yet. The Jets could end up falling in love with one of the other 3 QB candidates. I think if you can get Lawrence you have to take the shot.

As for Fields to the Cowboys, the dude is REALLY good! Iíve heard him described as Cam Newton with a much better arm. I would listen to any offer for him and if a trade is offered that keeps you in the top 8 I would take the trade. Pick up and extra 1st (or two) and resign Dak.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.B View Post
    The OL should be better next year. I expect them to draft 1 or 2 OL but they will be fine.

As for Trevor Lawrence, Iím on the fence as far as trading up to get him. It will be costly however not as costly if they are moving up from 2 to 1. It will cost a lot though, at least a future 1st. This possibility though will depend on how much the Jets brass like Justin Fields. And donít forget we havenít even got to the combine yet. The Jets could end up falling in love with one of the other 3 QB candidates. I think if you can get Lawrence you have to take the shot.

As for Fields to the Cowboys, the dude is REALLY good! Iíve heard him described as Cam Newton with a much better arm. I would listen to any offer for him and if a trade is offered that keeps you in the top 8 I would take the trade. Pick up and extra 1st (or two) and resign Dak.

It depends on if Trevor Lawrence is a generational player. If he's a hall of fame type or the upper echelon of the prowbowl type, then you trade for him. Do you think Trevor Lawrence is as good as he's hyped to be? And how much of a difference is Justin Fields? I'd trade whatever I can if it was a Patrick Mahomes or Peyton Manning, but not trade if it's a Cam Newton, Matt Ryan, Matthew Stafford level. I think the quarterback is one of those foundational pieces you have to get right. One year, the final 4 teams all had the top 4 passing offense.

At this point, the Cowboys pretty much have to not win anymore games and need the other teams like Jacksonville, Jets, Washington, Texans, Chargers, Panthers, Giants to win. Since the Jets have 0 wins, it looks like they are most likely to get the #1 pick.

The other question is really if they can even win now and a vet quarterback isn't wasted...or they have to start fresh and just have a bunch of young players grow together. McCarthy and Nolan will have to show that they aren't antiquated and the modern NFL hasn't passed them by. What they did might have worked for the past NFL, but we'll see if it fits what the league is doing now.

I see Lawrence forcing a trade from the Jets of they take him, so they might take Fields. #2 might be a good position to be in for this draft. If your sitting at 2 and don't need a QB I'd ask for 2 first round picks or possibly more if the team offering is outside the top 10.

It depends on if Trevor Lawrence is a generational player. If he's a hall of fame type or the upper echelon of the prowbowl type, then you trade for him. Do you think Trevor Lawrence is as good as he's hyped to be? And how much of a difference is Justin Fields? I'd trade whatever I can if it was a Patrick Mahomes or Peyton Manning, but not trade if it's a Cam Newton, Matt Ryan, Matthew Stafford level. I think the quarterback is one of those foundational pieces you have to get right. One year, the final 4 teams all had the top 4 passing offense.

At this point, the Cowboys pretty much have to not win anymore games and need the other teams like Jacksonville, Jets, Washington, Texans, Chargers, Panthers, Giants to win. Since the Jets have 0 wins, it looks like they are most likely to get the #1 pick.

The other question is really if they can even win now and a vet quarterback isn't wasted...or they have to start fresh and just have a bunch of young players grow together. McCarthy and Nolan will have to show that they aren't antiquated and the modern NFL hasn't passed them by. What they did might have worked for the past NFL, but we'll see if it fits what the league is doing now.
    I donít think there is ever a ďsure thingĒ when it comes to drafting a QB. Itís always a crap shoot. Weíve seen highly touted QBís drafted high completely flame out and have seen guys that were meh become HOF QBís. Of course you do also have the Troy Aikmanís and John Elways who are highly touted and become great NFL QBís.

As far as Lawrence, every expert says heís the guy. The best talent at QB to come out since Andrew Luck. Now Luck didnít become a HOF but his problem was more lack of desire than lack of talent.

Personally if the Cowboys end up with the 2nd or 3rd pick I would try to trade up for Lawrence. Let him grow with Lamb and Gallup. Move on from Cooper and Zeke.

Realistically the Cowboys will win 1 more game (San Fran) and end up with a pick 6-8. They should still be able to get Patrick Surtain at that point.

I donít think there is ever a ďsure thingĒ when it comes to drafting a QB. Itís always a crap shoot. Weíve seen highly touted QBís drafted high completely flame out and have seen guys that were meh become HOF QBís. Of course you do also have the Troy Aikmanís and John Elways who are highly touted and become great NFL QBís.

As far as Lawrence, every expert says heís the guy. The best talent at QB to come out since Andrew Luck. Now Luck didnít become a HOF but his problem was more lack of desire than lack of talent.

Personally if the Cowboys end up with the 2nd or 3rd pick I would try to trade up for Lawrence. Let him grow with Lamb and Gallup. Move on from Cooper and Zeke.

Realistically the Cowboys will win 1 more game (San Fran) and end up with a pick 6-8. They should still be able to get Patrick Surtain at that point.

In many years, Justin Fields would be the #1 pick, but he just happens to be in the same draft as Trevor Lawrence, who people are hyping up as a generational player. He's 6'6", with a Rocket arm, athleticism, and vision and touch to tear apart coverages. The Jets aren't happy with Darnold, so it would be interesting to see if they pick Lawrence with that #1. Right now, the Cowboys have the #3 pick if they continue the same progress. Offensive tackle Penei Sewell seems to be a name I see floated around a lot as being in the top 3 picks. He's athletic and strong. Browns were unlucky to have the #1 pick when Baker Mayfield, Darnold was around rather than this year. After the first 3, there's varying opinions on who the next picks are. Other names being floated around are cornerback Patrick Surtain, tight end Kyle Pitts, edge rusher Gregory Rousseau, inside linebacker Micah Parsons.

The Cowboys will probably have to overpay if they want to move up to get the #1 pick because I'm sure there are a dozen teams or more that would love to grab Lawrence. Lawrence would probably have an easy time throwing to Gallup and CeeDee Lamb, since he has the rocket arm and the touch. If they want that pick, they pretty much have to start Ben DiNucci, who can't move the ball past 10 yards.

In many years, Justin Fields would be the #1 pick, but he just happens to be in the same draft as Trevor Lawrence, who people are hyping up as a generational player. He's 6'6", with a Rocket arm, athleticism, and vision and touch to tear apart coverages. The Jets aren't happy with Darnold, so it would be interesting to see if they pick Lawrence with that #1. Right now, the Cowboys have the #3 pick if they continue the same progress. Offensive tackle Penei Sewell seems to be a name I see floated around a lot as being in the top 3 picks. He's athletic and strong. Browns were unlucky to have the #1 pick when Baker Mayfield, Darnold was around rather than this year. After the first 3, there's varying opinions on who the next picks are. Other names being floated around are cornerback Patrick Surtain, tight end Kyle Pitts, edge rusher Gregory Rousseau, inside linebacker Micah Parsons.

The Cowboys will probably have to overpay if they want to move up to get the #1 pick because I'm sure there are a dozen teams or more that would love to grab Lawrence. Lawrence would probably have an easy time throwing to Gallup and CeeDee Lamb, since he has the rocket arm and the touch. If they want that pick, they pretty much have to start Ben DiNucci, who can't move the ball past 10 yards.
    What you have to factor in about the Jets trading out of the #1 spot is who do they covet in the draft? Do they still want a QB even if itís not Lawrence? If so which one do they want. So even though a team that has a mid-1st round pick would have to give up a ton to move to #1 because theyíre paying the Jets to pass on all the QBís. Or the Jets could drop down 1 or 2 spots, get and extra 1st and still get their QB.

Just because a team is willing to give up a ton doesnít mean itís worth it if the Jets pass on a QB they really want.

What you have to factor in about the Jets trading out of the #1 spot is who do they covet in the draft? Do they still want a QB even if itís not Lawrence? If so which one do they want. So even though a team that has a mid-1st round pick would have to give up a ton to move to #1 because theyíre paying the Jets to pass on all the QBís. Or the Jets could drop down 1 or 2 spots, get and extra 1st and still get their QB.

Just because a team is willing to give up a ton doesnít mean itís worth it if the Jets pass on a QB they really want.

The Cowboys have a better chance if they have the #2 or #3 pick in order to offer the Jets something attractive. Trevor Lawrence might be too attractive and they just pick it for themselves, but if they decide not to, then just moving down 1 or 2 spots, the Cowboys would be able to offer their #2 or #3 pick, in addition to some attractive stars from this team. I am just curious what they do or will get for Darnold, if in fact they give up on him. If I were Trevor Lawrence or Justin Fields, I wouldn't really want to play for the Jets. Their organization is a mess right now and you'd be wasting 4 years of your career there.

The Cowboys have a better chance if they have the #2 or #3 pick in order to offer the Jets something attractive. Trevor Lawrence might be too attractive and they just pick it for themselves, but if they decide not to, then just moving down 1 or 2 spots, the Cowboys would be able to offer their #2 or #3 pick, in addition to some attractive stars from this team. I am just curious what they do or will get for Darnold, if in fact they give up on him. If I were Trevor Lawrence or Justin Fields, I wouldn't really want to play for the Jets. Their organization is a mess right now and you'd be wasting 4 years of your career there.
    Not to mention they already just ruined a top 5 QB in only 2 seasons. I agree, Iíd try my hardest to stay far away from the Jets. If they dump Darnold though Iíd actually be interested in bringing him in as a backup/reclamation project.

If the Jets take Lawrence 1st and the Cowboys do end up with the 2nd pick they are going to get a butt load of really good offers. They realistically could get a Herschel Walker type haul for the rights to draft Fields. The problem is we donít have a Jimmy drafting for us.

Where it gets interesting is the 3rd pick. They could take Tyronís replacement. Or they could trade down and still get a good haul. Or if they want they can still hit the reset button on the QB with a guy that could easily end up being the best QB out of this draft in Zack Wilson. This is the guy that Belichick allegedly wants.

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast