Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 117
  1. #31
    Join Date
    Oct 2020
    Posts
    78
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.B View Post
    Hereís a scenario, letís say the Jets get the #1 overall pick and take Lawrence. Would you give up a 2nd for Darnold? Personally I would. I would take the OT from Oregon, trade for Darnold and spend the rest of the draft on defense.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

    Nope because if he balls out with Zeke and our WR group hes going to cost at least 30 million dollars two years from now. You are saving 10 million a year over paying Dak, whats that 10 million going to get you? A couple players off the trash heap that we sign because there is no compensation associated with them every other year or one disgruntled player on a bad team for the next 3-5 years?

    The idea of taking Lawrence with the first pick if you get it is not paying your QB, same with Fields

  2. #32
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    5,593
    Cowboys just placed Everson Griffin on the trading block.

  3. #33
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    8,920

    Cowboys News Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Chicken McNugz View Post
    Nope because if he balls out with Zeke and our WR group hes going to cost at least 30 million dollars two years from now. You are saving 10 million a year over paying Dak, whats that 10 million going to get you? A couple players off the trash heap that we sign because there is no compensation associated with them every other year or one disgruntled player on a bad team for the next 3-5 years?

    The idea of taking Lawrence with the first pick if you get it is not paying your QB, same with Fields
    They would actually have 3 years with Darnold. Heís only in his 2nd year and the Cowboys would still have his 5th year option. Unless youíre talking about after his first full year with Dallas then yes they would still have 2 more years to make a decision. To me thatís better than crippling your cap Dak when the rest of your team isnít ready to compete.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  4. #34
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    8,920
    Quote Originally Posted by rocketfuel View Post
    Cowboys just placed Everson Griffin on the trading block.
    Hopefully he wonít be the only one.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  5. #35
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    5,593
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.B View Post
    Hopefully he wonít be the only one.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Do you see any of the players on the team that has a high trade value, other than Zak Martin, maybe the 3 receivers? Tyronn was such a stud back in the day, but teams probably won't be given up much for him now. Watching that Bears Rams game, you really need a solid offensive line to compete, otherwise they just feast on you.

  6. #36
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    8,920
    Quote Originally Posted by rocketfuel View Post
    Do you see any of the players on the team that has a high trade value, other than Zak Martin, maybe the 3 receivers? Tyronn was such a stud back in the day, but teams probably won't be given up much for him now. Watching that Bears Rams game, you really need a solid offensive line to compete, otherwise they just feast on you.
    Yea there are several players with trade value. Maybe not 1st round value but decent value. I think Cooper could fetch us a 2nd. I think Jaylon and LVE could bring back a 3rd. Aldon Smith a 5th. Gallup could bring back a 2nd but I wouldnít trade him. Griffen should bring back at least a 5th or a 6th. If they keep Griffen and let him leave as a free agent after the season they would get a 5th round comp pick in 2022.

    Now they wonít trade all these players but they should be made available in my opinion. Zeke and DLaw would be on that list too but I think they will be hard to trade.

    Also remember that they will have 2 comp picks in the draft for losing Byron Jones and Robert Quinn. So they should have 9 picks as it stands. If they hoarded picks that would allow them to move up or down fairly easily in the draft.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  7. #37
    Join Date
    Oct 2020
    Posts
    78
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.B View Post
    They would actually have 3 years with Darnold. Heís only in his 2nd year and the Cowboys would still have his 5th year option. Unless youíre talking about after his first full year with Dallas then yes they would still have 2 more years to make a decision. To me thatís better than crippling your cap Dak when the rest of your team isnít ready to compete.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    This post is as far as I have gotten before responding. Darnold has two years remaining, he was NOT drafted last year which would be needed for 2020 to be his second year, as 1st round rookie contract are no longer than 5 years at the most and thats if you pick up the option.

    http://https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/n...7%2C873%2C650.

  8. #38
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    5,593
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.B View Post
    Yea there are several players with trade value. Maybe not 1st round value but decent value. I think Cooper could fetch us a 2nd. I think Jaylon and LVE could bring back a 3rd. Aldon Smith a 5th. Gallup could bring back a 2nd but I wouldnít trade him. Griffen should bring back at least a 5th or a 6th. If they keep Griffen and let him leave as a free agent after the season they would get a 5th round comp pick in 2022.

    Now they wonít trade all these players but they should be made available in my opinion. Zeke and DLaw would be on that list too but I think they will be hard to trade.

    Also remember that they will have 2 comp picks in the draft for losing Byron Jones and Robert Quinn. So they should have 9 picks as it stands. If they hoarded picks that would allow them to move up or down fairly easily in the draft.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Too bad. I was hoping for some first rounders.

  9. #39
    Join Date
    Oct 2020
    Posts
    78
    Heres the problem with trading off a Cooper or J. Smith now. The dead money, it doesnt go with them when you trade them. So if you indeed do that then you are for sure are in rebuild mode because your arent improving your roster outside of hitting multiple bullseyes in the next two drafts.

    Now I'm for the rebuild others here may or may not be but you can create dead money against the cap and not be all in on a rebuild. It doesn't work like that, this isn't a video game.

    Even if we win another game or two we should trade up to #2 in the draft cause we will still be top 5.

    I know people will be like "the cost". Well you are trading Dak in that scenario anyway so you will at least get a first rounder back this or next year. So what about the "cost".

    We need 2 DT that can do their job, we need at least one LB, we need at least two corners and probably two safeties, we need an OG, we might need a C depending on what TB does. We need a tackle because T Smith doesnt have many games left if any. Player trajectories are an arc or arch not a rollercoaster they dont magically get better once they start declining, having injuries or both. With Tyron its injury based but he has a back issue, a neck issue and knee issues. Plus he has a life to think about after football.

    Another reason you go up and get Fields if you dont have the #1 pick to get Lawrence is it allows you to spend money on free agents.

    Would you like a Judon or the safety from Den, Simmons for the next five years while your QB makes nothing? Those two arent darts they are proven. Theres two holes filled right there.

    Yes Judon is a standup rusher, yes Tank sucks standing up. Guess what just let tank get his money as an overpaid, undersized run stopper in a 3-4 with his hand on the ground. Because thats what hes been best at in a 4-3 the last two years anyway.

    Then maybe you have money to bring back Aldon too. So you got Judon and Smith coming off the edge in base and Smith playing inside with Tank on passing downs so Gregory can get on the field too. Should in theory have a good pass rush unit.

    You can find a couple NT if we stick with the 3-4 in rounds 4-6 that can rotate.

    Spend 2nd and 3rd rounders on CB's

    Play LVE and Thomas in the middle.

    in 2022 draft and free agency still focus on defense and find some more OL replacements.

  10. #40
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    1,687
    Fire Nolan and promote Sean Lee to DC/player.

  11. #41
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    8,920
    Quote Originally Posted by Chicken McNugz View Post
    Heres the problem with trading off a Cooper or J. Smith now. The dead money, it doesnt go with them when you trade them. So if you indeed do that then you are for sure are in rebuild mode because your arent improving your roster outside of hitting multiple bullseyes in the next two drafts.

    Now I'm for the rebuild others here may or may not be but you can create dead money against the cap and not be all in on a rebuild. It doesn't work like that, this isn't a video game.

    Even if we win another game or two we should trade up to #2 in the draft cause we will still be top 5.

    I know people will be like "the cost". Well you are trading Dak in that scenario anyway so you will at least get a first rounder back this or next year. So what about the "cost".

    We need 2 DT that can do their job, we need at least one LB, we need at least two corners and probably two safeties, we need an OG, we might need a C depending on what TB does. We need a tackle because T Smith doesnt have many games left if any. Player trajectories are an arc or arch not a rollercoaster they dont magically get better once they start declining, having injuries or both. With Tyron its injury based but he has a back issue, a neck issue and knee issues. Plus he has a life to think about after football.

    Another reason you go up and get Fields if you dont have the #1 pick to get Lawrence is it allows you to spend money on free agents.

    Would you like a Judon or the safety from Den, Simmons for the next five years while your QB makes nothing? Those two arent darts they are proven. Theres two holes filled right there.

    Yes Judon is a standup rusher, yes Tank sucks standing up. Guess what just let tank get his money as an overpaid, undersized run stopper in a 3-4 with his hand on the ground. Because thats what hes been best at in a 4-3 the last two years anyway.

    Then maybe you have money to bring back Aldon too. So you got Judon and Smith coming off the edge in base and Smith playing inside with Tank on passing downs so Gregory can get on the field too. Should in theory have a good pass rush unit.

    You can find a couple NT if we stick with the 3-4 in rounds 4-6 that can rotate.

    Spend 2nd and 3rd rounders on CB's

    Play LVE and Thomas in the middle.

    in 2022 draft and free agency still focus on defense and find some more OL replacements.
    I totally get you on drafting a QB. I will say that if this team were a legit SB contender then resigning Dak would be the best bet. They are FAR from contending though so a top 5 QB would be a good path to take. Hit the reset button on the QB and use the saved cap space to load up the rest of the team. Iím just not sold on Fields. Now I will say that, that is totally based off of the fact that heís the QB at Ohio St.

    From my understanding Fields started at Georgia but transferred because he was sitting behind Jake Fromm and wasnít going to see the field. Fields wonít be the only QB besides Lawrence though. Keep an eye on Trey Lance.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  12. #42
    Join Date
    Oct 2020
    Posts
    78
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.B View Post
    I totally get you on drafting a QB. I will say that if this team were a legit SB contender then resigning Dak would be the best bet. They are FAR from contending though so a top 5 QB would be a good path to take. Hit the reset button on the QB and use the saved cap space to load up the rest of the team. Iím just not sold on Fields. Now I will say that, that is totally based off of the fact that heís the QB at Ohio St.

    From my understanding Fields started at Georgia but transferred because he was sitting behind Jake Fromm and wasnít going to see the field. Fields wonít be the only QB besides Lawrence though. Keep an eye on Trey Lance.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    He transfered to OSU because apparently someone at UGA, a fan called him the N word. Thats what he said his reason for transferring was and thats why the NCAA didn't make him sit out a year. I have no idea if it happened like he said or not but thats the "story" on record.

    And UGA and OSU recruit at the same level nationally so you cant say hes getting help by being at OSU over UGA. Both teams are stacked and hes played ever since he got to OSU.

    Joe on Cowboys blog compared him to a taller Kyler Murray. I was personally thinking a poor mans Lawrence in terms of throwing because he will always probably lack in accuracy but not pure arm talent, mixed with a poor mans Lamar Jackson in terms of running with it.

  13. #43
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    8,920
    Quote Originally Posted by Chicken McNugz View Post
    He transfered to OSU because apparently someone at UGA, a fan called him the N word. Thats what he said his reason for transferring was and thats why the NCAA didn't make him sit out a year. I have no idea if it happened like he said or not but thats the "story" on record.

    And UGA and OSU recruit at the same level nationally so you cant say hes getting help by being at OSU over UGA. Both teams are stacked and hes played ever since he got to OSU.

    Joe on Cowboys blog compared him to a taller Kyler Murray. I was personally thinking a poor mans Lawrence in terms of throwing because he will always probably lack in accuracy but not pure arm talent, mixed with a poor mans Lamar Jackson in terms of running with it.
    I did read that it would be a huge mistake to compare him to Haskins. Both are extremely athletic however the arm talent is not even close. Fields is by far the superior talent.

    Like I said with the state the team is in Iím actually perfectly ok with taking a QB top 5. With that said do they franchise Dak again and try to trade him or do they just let him walk. Keep in mind if heís franchised the Cowboys would have a $37M cap gold until heís either traded or they rescind the franchise tag.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  14. #44
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    5,593
    Cowboys traded Griffen for a 6th round pick.

  15. #45
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    8,920
    Quote Originally Posted by rocketfuel View Post
    Cowboys traded Griffen for a 6th round pick.
    Good start, hopefully he wonít be the last.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •