Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by rocketfuel View Post
    Exactly. This actually is not an isolated incident. I remember there were other incidents in the past of fans pushing each other down aisles. The previous one, the guy threw another guy even further. This one was just a short hopper. In that one, I think the guy was on higher ground, but got yanked down by the guy on lower ground. Sports is just entertainment. I just can't imagine something like that over enjoying a game.
    Thereís never a shortage of drunk idiots.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Theres a report from the athletic that the Jets would take a 2nd round pick for Quinnen Williams. Theres also scuttlebutt the Cowboys arent interested. Why? I have no idea. Yeah our 2nd rounder is likely to be a top 50 pick if not top 40 but still.

Quote Originally Posted by Chicken McNugz View Post
    Theres a report from the athletic that the Jets would take a 2nd round pick for Quinnen Williams. Theres also scuttlebutt the Cowboys arent interested. Why? I have no idea. Yeah our 2nd rounder is likely to be a top 50 pick if not top 40 but still.
    This team already has like 6 DEís. With the state our defense is in 1 player isnít going to come in and make a difference. They would just be throwing away a 2nd round pick by trading for him. They need to first figure out what kind of defense they want to run. Then they need to find someone that can teach that defense.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.B View Post
    This team already has like 6 DEís. With the state our defense is in 1 player isnít going to come in and make a difference. They would just be throwing away a 2nd round pick by trading for him. They need to first figure out what kind of defense they want to run. Then they need to find someone that can teach that defense.

Well Williams wouldnt be a DE in a 4-3 and its highly likely the nolan is scapegoated like the past few defensive coaches the past few years after the season when players have sucked.

Quinnen Williams is going to be better than whoever you get even at 33 on the DL and under control for three more years. kind of a no brainer, no matter your system or who is coaching it.

Griffen wont be back after this year, Smith likely wont be back either unless he takes a team friendly deal. Crawford is poo. Anae is a rookie and not playing. So really at DE moving forward you have Lawrence and Gregory if you think you are playing a 4-3. and if you are playing a 3-4 well gregory aint no DE in that system.

Well Williams wouldnt be a DE in a 4-3 and its highly likely the nolan is scapegoated like the past few defensive coaches the past few years after the season when players have sucked.

Quinnen Williams is going to be better than whoever you get even at 33 on the DL and under control for three more years. kind of a no brainer, no matter your system or who is coaching it.

Griffen wont be back after this year, Smith likely wont be back either unless he takes a team friendly deal. Crawford is poo. Anae is a rookie and not playing. So really at DE moving forward you have Lawrence and Gregory if you think you are playing a 4-3. and if you are playing a 3-4 well gregory aint no DE in that system.
    Like I said, you need to figure out what kind of defense are you going to be running. It makes. I sense to bring in a guy that used to having his hand in the dirt and then asking him to stand up now. Thatís the problem you have with Lawrence and Griffen. Griffen flat out refuses to stand now. Why waist a pick on a guy that might not even fit. If Iím the Cowboys right now Iím a seller not a buyer.

Like I said, you need to figure out what kind of defense are you going to be running. It makes. I sense to bring in a guy that used to having his hand in the dirt and then asking him to stand up now. Thatís the problem you have with Lawrence and Griffen. Griffen flat out refuses to stand now. Why waist a pick on a guy that might not even fit. If Iím the Cowboys right now Iím a seller not a buyer.

I agree. Not worth bringing somebody in like you said because who knows what type of defense they will be running or who will be coaching it. I would look to sell right now.

I'd be selling anything I could that gets you picks. Elliot, T Smith, Cooper, A Smith, Lawrence, Griffen, J Smith, or anyone else within reason.

Tyronn probably would have fetched a lot a few years ago when he was still healthy.

Quote Originally Posted by lbz88 View Post
    I'd be selling anything I could that gets you picks. Elliot, T Smith, Cooper, A Smith, Lawrence, Griffen, J Smith, or anyone else within reason.
    What about Zack Martin?

why would any cpach ask a 310 pounder to play stand up linebacker?

he played in a 3-4 at Bama he never played standing up. Again 4-3 hes a DT in a 3-4 he is a DE. dont know where you are getting this idea that he would have to play standing up here.

Quote Originally Posted by lbz88 View Post
    Elliot- not happening
    Smith- better odds he retires after the year
    Cooper- not happening
    A Smith- 7th rounder at best, hes in a walk year
    Griffen- Same as A Smith
    J Smith- Who wants him?

Well now that everyone see's the writing on the board, online or in the media, YT wherever. This team is heading towards a top 5 pick and could very well end up 2-14 which would put them fighting with the Jets and Jags for a top two spot.

Do you trade down to someone who really wants fields and have 14 picks in this draft and pick up a first next year(our 10 or 11 picks this year plus the trade haul) or do you take Fields, already have Dak tagged and trade him

I'm taking the rookie QB and using that 30 million on free agents or for disgruntled vets who can play but are on bad teams making 10 million plus a year.

worked for the rams, eagles and chiefs......paying everyone else while you arent paying your QB.

hasnt worked for the browns

jury is still out regarding allen and the bills

you have to get the 1st overall pick to get Lawrence because whoever gets it aint trading it unless its kansas city.

You have to finish in the draft order above Jax, Was, Det, maybe NYG to get Fields. SD could get the 2nd pick but they would likely trade it, probably the same for the Giants but they wont trade it to us outside of ripping us off.

why would any cpach ask a 310 pounder to play stand up linebacker?

he played in a 3-4 at Bama he never played standing up. Again 4-3 hes a DT in a 3-4 he is a DE. dont know where you are getting this idea that he would have to play standing up here.
    So letís say you give up a second for him now and then in the off season Jerry decides, Nolan is not the guy and hires a 4-3 DC. You now have a 300 lb DE that doesnít fit the scheme.

Well now that everyone see's the writing on the board, online or in the media, YT wherever. This team is heading towards a top 5 pick and could very well end up 2-14 which would put them fighting with the Jets and Jags for a top two spot.

Do you trade down to someone who really wants fields and have 14 picks in this draft and pick up a first next year(our 10 or 11 picks this year plus the trade haul) or do you take Fields, already have Dak tagged and trade him

I'm taking the rookie QB and using that 30 million on free agents or for disgruntled vets who can play but are on bad teams making 10 million plus a year.

worked for the rams, eagles and chiefs......paying everyone else while you arent paying your QB.

hasnt worked for the browns

jury is still out regarding allen and the bills

you have to get the 1st overall pick to get Lawrence because whoever gets it aint trading it unless its kansas city.

You have to finish in the draft order above Jax, Was, Det, maybe NYG to get Fields. SD could get the 2nd pick but they would likely trade it, probably the same for the Giants but they wont trade it to us outside of ripping us off.
    Hereís a scenario, letís say the Jets get the #1 overall pick and take Lawrence. Would you give up a 2nd for Darnold? Personally I would. I would take the OT from Oregon, trade for Darnold and spend the rest of the draft on defense.

So letís say you give up a second for him now and then in the off season Jerry decides, Nolan is not the guy and hires a 4-3 DC. You now have a 300 lb DE that doesnít fit the scheme.

or you have a 300 pound DT a 3T. When we had some interest in Leonard Williams and even Richardson from the Jets way back it wasnt because they were running them out at DT in a 4-3, they were DE. Williams would be a DT in a 4-3. Because he's a DE in NY has no barring on what he is or will be here. If he was on the board and we had a pick to take him that year (Cooper trade) Dallas would have and he would have been a 4-3 DT under Rod.

just like kinlaw in this last draft he could be a 3T in a 4-3 or a NT in a 3-4.

Williams recruiting profile

6-4, 260 DT committed to Bama played NT at bama in a 3-4 yet is playing DE in NY in a 3-4. He can play multiple positions what he cant do is be a standup rusher and honestly i'd like you to list me 300 pounders who are standup rushers.

you dont want him and thats cool, your reasons why are a little dumbfounding to be honest but thats okay. i dont know it all, you dont know it all thats why we have places to have discussions.

nobody in 5 years is going to throw tank into the top 3 of his class on a redraft. thats not saying Williams is destined to be great because of where he drafted. Just once again saying Williams is going to be better than anyone you could take even at 33 for DT next year.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast