Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.B View Post
    If it were me drafting and all 3 QBís were in the board and I still have the option of signing Dak to $40M per. Iím drafting Lawrence. I would probably do the same for Zack Wilson. I take either guy and hit reset on the QB. If Wilson and Lawrence are gone I look to trade down (staying inside the top 10).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    You don't like Justin Fields?

Iím going to say they finish 3-13. I think they got 1 more win in them.

Youíre going to end up 3-4 wins short with that estimate methinks

Quote Originally Posted by rocketfuel View Post
    You don't like Justin Fields?
    I love Justin Fields I just donít think he would be the best fit for this team. With the receivers we have I think a more traditional passer would be the best fit. Thatís why I like Lawrence and Wilson. Also the haul for Fields might be too good to pass up, especially if theyíre staying within the top 10.

Quote Originally Posted by Mamba42 View Post
    Youíre going to end up 3-4 wins short with that estimate methinks
    We will see.

I love Justin Fields I just donít think he would be the best fit for this team. With the receivers we have I think a more traditional passer would be the best fit. Thatís why I like Lawrence and Wilson. Also the haul for Fields might be too good to pass up, especially if theyíre staying within the top 10.

The Cowboys might end up with the #3 or even #2 pick, so you can have your pick at a number of different players not named Trevor Lawrence. If the Cowboys do have a chance to get an elite player, I hope they just pick that person, rather than get too cute with "getting value" on some pretty good players, but not elite. Those pretty good players always end up getting overpaid anyway.

Never mind. The Cowboy win has put them now at #6. If they want that high pick, they have to play DiNucci, not Dalton.

Never mind. The Cowboy win has put them now at #6. If they want that high pick, they have to play DiNucci, not Dalton.
    If they play the rest of the season the way they have played the last 2 weeks there is a good chance they actually win out and win the division. Baltimore is the toughest game left and theyíre not exactly blowing teams out.

Personally Iíd prefer a top 5 pick for this season but they seem to be playing very well right now. Momentum can definitely carry over from one season to the next and I can just imagine how hyped this team would be if they finish strong, win the division and actually win a playoff game and then get Dak back to start next season. I expect they would come out on fire.

If they play the rest of the season the way they have played the last 2 weeks there is a good chance they actually win out and win the division. Baltimore is the toughest game left and theyíre not exactly blowing teams out.

Personally Iíd prefer a top 5 pick for this season but they seem to be playing very well right now. Momentum can definitely carry over from one season to the next and I can just imagine how hyped this team would be if they finish strong, win the division and actually win a playoff game and then get Dak back to start next season. I expect they would come out on fire.

This is exactly what I'm hoping for.

From a draft perspective if they do end up with a top 7 or 8 pick, I'd want them to draft Surtain right now. Him and Diggs would be such a lethal combo for us I think. Then we just need to get a good safety and things could start looking up for our secondary.

Quote Originally Posted by Mamba42 View Post
    This is exactly what I'm hoping for.

From a draft perspective if they do end up with a top 7 or 8 pick, I'd want them to draft Surtain right now. Him and Diggs would be such a lethal combo for us I think. Then we just need to get a good safety and things could start looking up for our secondary.
    Surtain is exactly who I would want too. He would shore up the CB with Diggs and it even looks like they have a safety that can actually play. I would still look to replace Jaylon. And they HAVE to find another guy on the defense that smart enough to call the defensive plays. That is LVEís job but once he went out and Jaylon was given that duty they SUCKED!

Surtain is exactly who I would want too. He would shore up the CB with Diggs and it even looks like they have a safety that can actually play. I would still look to replace Jaylon. And they HAVE to find another guy on the defense that smart enough to call the defensive plays. That is LVEís job but once he went out and Jaylon was given that duty they SUCKED!

Yeah when LVE went down it was particularly harmful because Lee was out too. I think we would fare better now because Lee is so good at figuring out what the offense wants to do. But itís like the will retire after this year so youíre right we will need someone else. Iím not sure Iím done with Smith yet but he has struggled a ton.

Wilson was impressive and was getting turnovers like he did in the preseason last year. I wish Thompson would never see the field. He gives up so much

It feels like we're on this merry go round of being either competitive or mediocre, but not one of the elite teams. There's only 6 games left and none of the NFC East teams seem to be able to break away from the pack, stuck at 3 wins at most. Sean Lee is under rated for what he does at understanding what's going on and helping his teammates know their jobs. Dalton seems good enough to win some games. We were 1-3, when Dalton wasn't even playing.

It feels like we're on this merry go round of being either competitive or mediocre, but not one of the elite teams. There's only 6 games left and none of the NFC East teams seem to be able to break away from the pack, stuck at 3 wins at most. Sean Lee is under rated for what he does at understanding what's going on and helping his teammates know their jobs. Dalton seems good enough to win some games. We were 1-3, when Dalton wasn't even playing.
    Thatís why I say I want them to either win out or lose out. I donít want the Cowboys to back in to the playoffs with 5 wins. If they can continue to play like they have the last 2 weeks they actually have a shot at running the table and finishing 9-7. If the playoffs ended today they would face the Bucs I believe. If theyíre playing they have been I canít say that would be a guaranteed loss for Dallas.

If they revert back to the sucky team theyíve been though for first few weeks they need to lose out. Winning a game here or there would help nothing.

So win out or lose out, no in between.

Thatís why I say I want them to either win out or lose out. I donít want the Cowboys to back in to the playoffs with 5 wins. If they can continue to play like they have the last 2 weeks they actually have a shot at running the table and finishing 9-7. If the playoffs ended today they would face the Bucs I believe. If theyíre playing they have been I canít say that would be a guaranteed loss for Dallas.

If they revert back to the sucky team theyíve been though for first few weeks they need to lose out. Winning a game here or there would help nothing.

So win out or lose out, no in between.

Yeah, I am with you. They can't even get losing right. I think the only way they can guarantee that is if they start DiNucci. Dalton is helping them win enough to be in the NFC Least derby, but that's not a crown any of those teams should want. Burrow is out for the Bengals. And the Ravens might be without their two top running backs. I also wouldn't doubt the Cowboys have it in them to win a playoff game. But, I want them to be Superbowl or bust. A true contender. They would get killed by a team like the Chiefs. Those top 2 picks are very valuable, especially this season. No point in ending up with the 6th to 8th pick. It's not like they are going to take that pride into next season.

Dallas needs to draft defense next year. Unless your in the top 3 and think 1 of the QB's are the future. With all these injuries this year, it will be like signing a bunch of people. Dak, Smith, Collins, Jarwin, McCoy, Diggs, Hill, and anyone else that might get injured. They will all be back. Schultz, McGovern, Knight, Steele, Biadasz, etc are all getting experience. 1 player from each side of the ball that need to go are Elliot and J Smith. They need to resign Awuzie to play opposite Diggs. Wilson stabilized the safety position. I'd trade from the top 3 for picks if I end up there. Draft either a OT or LB first. I can't believe the amount of injuries this year. Also not thrilled with the whole coaching staff, dumb play calling and stupid trick plays.

Quote Originally Posted by lbz88 View Post
    Dallas needs to draft defense next year. Unless your in the top 3 and think 1 of the QB's are the future. With all these injuries this year, it will be like signing a bunch of people. Dak, Smith, Collins, Jarwin, McCoy, Diggs, Hill, and anyone else that might get injured. They will all be back. Schultz, McGovern, Knight, Steele, Biadasz, etc are all getting experience. 1 player from each side of the ball that need to go are Elliot and J Smith. They need to resign Awuzie to play opposite Diggs. Wilson stabilized the safety position. I'd trade from the top 3 for picks if I end up there. Draft either a OT or LB first. I can't believe the amount of injuries this year. Also not thrilled with the whole coaching staff, dumb play calling and stupid trick plays.
    If youíre drafting top 3 (and QB isnít an option) why not take the top LT in the draft? Move Tyron to RT and Collins back to LG. The LT position would be solidified for the next 10 years.

If weíre going defense though and end up picking 5-10 they still have a great shot at CB Patrick Surtain. That would be my choice with the top pick. The entire draft though should definitely be heavy on defense.

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast