Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast
Results 76 to 90 of 117
  1. #76
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    5,593
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.B View Post
    Not to mention they already just ruined a top 5 QB in only 2 seasons. I agree, Iíd try my hardest to stay far away from the Jets. If they dump Darnold though Iíd actually be interested in bringing him in as a backup/reclamation project.

    If the Jets take Lawrence 1st and the Cowboys do end up with the 2nd pick they are going to get a butt load of really good offers. They realistically could get a Herschel Walker type haul for the rights to draft Fields. The problem is we donít have a Jimmy drafting for us.

    Where it gets interesting is the 3rd pick. They could take Tyronís replacement. Or they could trade down and still get a good haul. Or if they want they can still hit the reset button on the QB with a guy that could easily end up being the best QB out of this draft in Zack Wilson. This is the guy that Belichick allegedly wants.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Darnold actually has some talent, but who knows how the Jets have set him back with bad habits. He would have probably done a lot better under an Andy Reid type. I'm of the camp that if you have a top 5 pick and there's a superstar there, you take that superstar rather than trade for a bunch of pretty good players. There was this stat analysis that the percentages of useful players that stay in the league goes way down as you go down each round. I'd rather have an elite player that will stick around for years. The problem with the Cowboys are they alternate between being a "pretty good" team to a mediocre-bad team.... but they haven't been an elite team in two decades since Jimmy Johnson/Barry Switzer. If they want to be elite, they need to be elite at the QB position, and have a strong offensive line.

    What's your opinion of Zack Wilson? I've seen his name floated around, but of course Trevor Lawrence and Justin Fields are getting the most attention. I think this team would make a dramatic improvement if they solidify that offensive line, get strong play from the quarterback position, and get a stud in the secondary. You can't be perfect everywhere...it's a passing league, and you'd have to be able to defend the pass and have a top flight passing team. The Cowboys were also compromised on defense because the middle of their defense was getting gashed. Gerald McCoy would have helped. They've improved there the last few games. At this point, if I were an NFC East team, I wouldn't want to win it. Wentz is having an abysmal QB rating season this year, the Washington Football team is lackluster, the Giants are showing signs, but they could probably use the top pick rather than getting bounced out the first round.

  2. #77
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    1,687
    Somehow Dallas will figure it just enough to win the division and screw themselves out of a top 5 pick. Though I could see the Giants winning the division, the Eagles tie might be a blessing as it will give them a better win % if we finish with the same about of wins.

  3. #78
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    14,442
    Quote Originally Posted by lbz88 View Post
    Somehow Dallas will figure it just enough to win the division and screw themselves out of a top 5 pick. Though I could see the Giants winning the division, the Eagles tie might be a blessing as it will give them a better win % if we finish with the same about of wins.
    I just don't see the Giants winning it with their schedule and I also think it's going to be very difficult for the Eagles to win many more games too. I've said this in the main NFL forum, but the Cowboys actually might have the best shot given their recent play, the return of Andy Dalton and maybe the easiest remaining schedule in the NFL (1 team with a winning record, Baltimore).

    This week will be the big test IMO. Vikings have been playing better and are now 4-5. If we win against them, I am going to be very confident of going 7-9 and winning the division.

  4. #79
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    8,915
    Quote Originally Posted by rocketfuel View Post
    Darnold actually has some talent, but who knows how the Jets have set him back with bad habits. He would have probably done a lot better under an Andy Reid type. I'm of the camp that if you have a top 5 pick and there's a superstar there, you take that superstar rather than trade for a bunch of pretty good players. There was this stat analysis that the percentages of useful players that stay in the league goes way down as you go down each round. I'd rather have an elite player that will stick around for years. The problem with the Cowboys are they alternate between being a "pretty good" team to a mediocre-bad team.... but they haven't been an elite team in two decades since Jimmy Johnson/Barry Switzer. If they want to be elite, they need to be elite at the QB position, and have a strong offensive line.

    What's your opinion of Zack Wilson? I've seen his name floated around, but of course Trevor Lawrence and Justin Fields are getting the most attention. I think this team would make a dramatic improvement if they solidify that offensive line, get strong play from the quarterback position, and get a stud in the secondary. You can't be perfect everywhere...it's a passing league, and you'd have to be able to defend the pass and have a top flight passing team. The Cowboys were also compromised on defense because the middle of their defense was getting gashed. Gerald McCoy would have helped. They've improved there the last few games. At this point, if I were an NFC East team, I wouldn't want to win it. Wentz is having an abysmal QB rating season this year, the Washington Football team is lackluster, the Giants are showing signs, but they could probably use the top pick rather than getting bounced out the first round.
    Iím the same when it comes to the draft. Take the elite player as opposed to a few good ones.

    As for Zack Wilson, I really like his game. I would like it if he were a little heavier. Heíll need to put some weight in to last in the NFL I think. He has a similar frame to Goff but a much better arm. Heís about 20 lbs lighter than Goff though.

    Skill wise though heís got it all. He also has what Parcells used to refer as ďmoxieĒ. He makes plays that are pure instinct. I donít think heíll be ready from day 1 but by year two he could be a star. In most drafts when there are several QBís expected to go in the 1st round itís not always the top QB that succeeds. Usually itís the second or third guy taken. Ow thatís usually because the team is better. If Dallas and work on the OL (through draft and FA) and with guys like Collins, Biadasz, and Martin coming back at full strength I think Zack Wilson could have a sophomore year similar to Dakís rookie year.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  5. #80
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    8,915
    Quote Originally Posted by Mamba42 View Post
    I just don't see the Giants winning it with their schedule and I also think it's going to be very difficult for the Eagles to win many more games too. I've said this in the main NFL forum, but the Cowboys actually might have the best shot given their recent play, the return of Andy Dalton and maybe the easiest remaining schedule in the NFL (1 team with a winning record, Baltimore).

    This week will be the big test IMO. Vikings have been playing better and are now 4-5. If we win against them, I am going to be very confident of going 7-9 and winning the division.
    Realistically the Giants would need 3 wins to win the division. I think they can beat Dallas and I may be crazy but they actually match up well against the Seahawks.

    Wilson is no longer playing at a near MVP level. Their offense has still been good but not great. The Giants have had their struggles this year but their defense has been very solid. I could easily see their defense giving the Seahawks fits. Also the Seahawks defense is horrible! The Giants offense seems to have found a groove the last couple of weeks and I would not be shocked at all if the Giants offense put it on the Seahawks defense.

    That would give them 2 wins right there. Their games against the Bengals and Browns will be a toss up. The Giants could easily win either of those games (if not both). That would give the Giants 3-4 wins which should lock up the division.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  6. #81
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    14,442
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.B View Post
    Realistically the Giants would need 3 wins to win the division. I think they can beat Dallas and I may be crazy but they actually match up well against the Seahawks.

    Wilson is no longer playing at a near MVP level. Their offense has still been good but not great. The Giants have had their struggles this year but their defense has been very solid. I could easily see their defense giving the Seahawks fits. Also the Seahawks defense is horrible! The Giants offense seems to have found a groove the last couple of weeks and I would not be shocked at all if the Giants offense put it on the Seahawks defense.

    That would give them 2 wins right there. Their games against the Bengals and Browns will be a toss up. The Giants could easily win either of those games (if not both). That would give the Giants 3-4 wins which should lock up the division.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    3 will put them at 6 wins. Theyíll need four for the division IMO. I think Eagles can get to 6-9-1. I donít see them beating Seattle. The Giants defense is really strong but their offense is just too inconsistent to keep up with Wilson. He is struggling for now but theyíll turn it around. Theyíve been without Carson and Hyde now the last few games and it has stalled their running attack.

    Giants will beat the Bengals. Browns is a maybe because their defense should keep them close, but Iíd still say unlikely. They can definitely beat us, no doubt. But we could just as easily beat them. I just think that looking at the schedule itís tough to write off the Cowboys yet, even if losing is better for a draft pick. Winning is important for confidence going into next year too IMO.

  7. #82
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    5,593
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.B View Post
    Iím the same when it comes to the draft. Take the elite player as opposed to a few good ones.

    As for Zack Wilson, I really like his game. I would like it if he were a little heavier. Heíll need to put some weight in to last in the NFL I think. He has a similar frame to Goff but a much better arm. Heís about 20 lbs lighter than Goff though.

    Skill wise though heís got it all. He also has what Parcells used to refer as ďmoxieĒ. He makes plays that are pure instinct. I donít think heíll be ready from day 1 but by year two he could be a star. In most drafts when there are several QBís expected to go in the 1st round itís not always the top QB that succeeds. Usually itís the second or third guy taken. Ow thatís usually because the team is better. If Dallas and work on the OL (through draft and FA) and with guys like Collins, Biadasz, and Martin coming back at full strength I think Zack Wilson could have a sophomore year similar to Dakís rookie year.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    You're right, sometimes the situation makes or breaks a career. Steve Young was a bit lost with the Bucs, until he was brought over to the 49ers with their genius coach and high octane offense. Many of the QBs that ended up being hall of famers were guys with a lot of football intelligence and a good feel for the game. Joe Montanna and Tom Brady were winners in college, even though, they didn't necessarily have the prototype that makes scouts salivate. Jack Thompson, Phil Simms and Steve Fuller were all taken ahead of Montanna. Chad Pennington, Giovannia Carmazzi, Chris Redman, Tee Martin, Marc Bulger and Spurgeon Wynn were all picked ahead of Brady. QBs are probably one of the highest hit or misses in the drafts. Tight ends for some reason have a higher percentage of success as draft picks. Though, most likely Trevor Lawrence and Justin Fields will be successes in the NFL. They are more talented than Baker Mayfield, who I mentioned to you the day after the draft that I thought was a mistake.

  8. #83
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    8,915
    Quote Originally Posted by Mamba42 View Post
    3 will put them at 6 wins. Theyíll need four for the division IMO. I think Eagles can get to 6-9-1. I donít see them beating Seattle. The Giants defense is really strong but their offense is just too inconsistent to keep up with Wilson. He is struggling for now but theyíll turn it around. Theyíve been without Carson and Hyde now the last few games and it has stalled their running attack.

    Giants will beat the Bengals. Browns is a maybe because their defense should keep them close, but Iíd still say unlikely. They can definitely beat us, no doubt. But we could just as easily beat them. I just think that looking at the schedule itís tough to write off the Cowboys yet, even if losing is better for a draft pick. Winning is important for confidence going into next year too IMO.
    Thatís the thing, he doesnít have to keep up with Wilson, he has to keep up with the Seahawks defense and they have not been good at all this season. I think the Giants offense is more than capable of beating the Seahawks defense.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  9. #84
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    8,915
    Quote Originally Posted by rocketfuel View Post
    You're right, sometimes the situation makes or breaks a career. Steve Young was a bit lost with the Bucs, until he was brought over to the 49ers with their genius coach and high octane offense. Many of the QBs that ended up being hall of famers were guys with a lot of football intelligence and a good feel for the game. Joe Montanna and Tom Brady were winners in college, even though, they didn't necessarily have the prototype that makes scouts salivate. Jack Thompson, Phil Simms and Steve Fuller were all taken ahead of Montanna. Chad Pennington, Giovannia Carmazzi, Chris Redman, Tee Martin, Marc Bulger and Spurgeon Wynn were all picked ahead of Brady. QBs are probably one of the highest hit or misses in the drafts. Tight ends for some reason have a higher percentage of success as draft picks. Though, most likely Trevor Lawrence and Justin Fields will be successes in the NFL. They are more talented than Baker Mayfield, who I mentioned to you the day after the draft that I thought was a mistake.
    With the type of weapons Dallas has and the type of offense they like to run I think they are much more suited for a traditional type of QB. A guy that can beat you with his arm more than his legs. Wilson might be the only QB Iíd take other than Lawrence in this draft if Iím the Cowboys.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  10. #85
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    8,915
    Cowboys need to bring this guy back.


    https://twitter.com/jasonrmcintyre/s...398302208?s=21


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  11. #86
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    4,128
    I wonder how many wins this team will get.
    It will be the first time Dalton plays with Zack Martin.
    This game should give us a good idea.

  12. #87
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    8,915
    Quote Originally Posted by mariner4life View Post
    I wonder how many wins this team will get.
    It will be the first time Dalton plays with Zack Martin.
    This game should give us a good idea.
    Iím going to say they finish 3-13. I think they got 1 more win in them.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  13. #88
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    5,593
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.B View Post
    Iím going to say they finish 3-13. I think they got 1 more win in them.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    What do you think the Cowboys should do at QB after this season? If Tevor Lawrence, Justin Fields, Zack Wilson and Dak were all options on the table, which direction would you go if you were Jerry? At this rate, the Cowboys reasonably have a shot at the #3 pick or even higher, though probably not the #1, which the Jets seem to be holding on with their inability to win a game.

  14. #89
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    1,687
    Basically do you think Dak is worth $40 million a year? If so, you trade down for more picks and take a OT with the first pick. If he's not you draft a QB. Might want to add Trask to that conversation to with the way he's playing.

  15. #90
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    8,915
    Quote Originally Posted by rocketfuel View Post
    What do you think the Cowboys should do at QB after this season? If Tevor Lawrence, Justin Fields, Zack Wilson and Dak were all options on the table, which direction would you go if you were Jerry? At this rate, the Cowboys reasonably have a shot at the #3 pick or even higher, though probably not the #1, which the Jets seem to be holding on with their inability to win a game.
    If it were me drafting and all 3 QBís were in the board and I still have the option of signing Dak to $40M per. Iím drafting Lawrence. I would probably do the same for Zack Wilson. I take either guy and hit reset on the QB. If Wilson and Lawrence are gone I look to trade down (staying inside the top 10).


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •