Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.B View Post
    Good start, hopefully he wonít be the last.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I found it interesting the percentage of success in the different rounds. The likelihood of getting a starter in the different rounds. Of the 38 quarterbacks taken in the 5th and 6th round in the last decade, 0% have become a starter. But, other positions like tight end have had a higher rate of success in finding a starter in the 6th round:

1st Round - OL (83%) LB (70%) TE (67%) DB (64%) QB (63%) WR (58%) RB (58%) DL (58%)

2nd Round - OL (70%) LB (55%) TE (50%) WR (49%) DB (46%) QB (27%) DL (26%) RB (25%)

3rd Round - OL (40%) TE (39%) LB (34%) DL (27%) WR (25%) DB (24%) QB (17%) RB (16%)

4th Round - DL (37%) TE (33%) OL (29%) LB (16%) WR(12%) DB (11%) RB (11%) QB (8%)

5th Round - TE (32%) DB (17%) WR (16%) OL (16%) DL (13%) RB (9%) LB (4%) QB (0%)

6th Round - TE (26%) OL (16%) DL (13%) WR (9%) DB (8%) RB (6%) LB (5%) QB (0%)

7th Round - DB (11%) OL (9%) QB (6%) WR (5%) DL (3%) LB (2%) RB (0%) TE (0%)

So Dallas is currently 8th in the draft, really 6th cause Im chalking up the games vs Cincy and Minny as L's

Teams above us are the NY teams, one of which we have some control over by losing to them in week 17 and them finding a win or just having the tie breaker over us somehow.

The Jags...thats going to be tough their best chances for wins are the Browns and the Colts on the remainder of their schedule. Falcons gotta win 2 games to leap over us or for us to leap them. Barring a fire sale its possible for them.

But the Dolphins own the Texans pick which is currently 5th overall. Theres hope there with cle, ne, detroit and cincy remaining on the Texans schedule.

It would be a real nut kick to finish with the 3rd pick behind the Jets and Jags who need QB's, losing the tie breaker to both of them if we were tied, as in say we are a game behind but if we were tied we would have one of those top two picks. I say nut punch because all ATL has to do is jump on an onside kick or Julio catch a TD pass and we are sitting pretty for the draft.

nothing wrong with a trade back but unless the washington football wizards want to get fleeced to trade up for Lance or the Patriots finish in the top 5 and want Lance and you can still get one of Sewell from Oregon (OT) or Parsons from Penn State (LB) trading back really doesnt make much sense.

And if you do trade back then you are paying Dak or at least thats the plan outside of him stiffing you and turning down all offers and he just wants out. So if you are going to pay a guy 40 million coming off an injury you better invest in protecting him which would mean the kid from Oregon. Kick him inside as long as Smith is trying to play if hes trying to play and kick him outside whenever Smith is out a few weeks, the year or flat out retired.

Brandon Carr was cut.

Quote Originally Posted by Chicken McNugz View Post
    So Dallas is currently 8th in the draft, really 6th cause Im chalking up the games vs Cincy and Minny as L's

Teams above us are the NY teams, one of which we have some control over by losing to them in week 17 and them finding a win or just having the tie breaker over us somehow.

The Jags...thats going to be tough their best chances for wins are the Browns and the Colts on the remainder of their schedule. Falcons gotta win 2 games to leap over us or for us to leap them. Barring a fire sale its possible for them.

But the Dolphins own the Texans pick which is currently 5th overall. Theres hope there with cle, ne, detroit and cincy remaining on the Texans schedule.

It would be a real nut kick to finish with the 3rd pick behind the Jets and Jags who need QB's, losing the tie breaker to both of them if we were tied, as in say we are a game behind but if we were tied we would have one of those top two picks. I say nut punch because all ATL has to do is jump on an onside kick or Julio catch a TD pass and we are sitting pretty for the draft.

nothing wrong with a trade back but unless the washington football wizards want to get fleeced to trade up for Lance or the Patriots finish in the top 5 and want Lance and you can still get one of Sewell from Oregon (OT) or Parsons from Penn State (LB) trading back really doesnt make much sense.

And if you do trade back then you are paying Dak or at least thats the plan outside of him stiffing you and turning down all offers and he just wants out. So if you are going to pay a guy 40 million coming off an injury you better invest in protecting him which would mean the kid from Oregon. Kick him inside as long as Smith is trying to play if hes trying to play and kick him outside whenever Smith is out a few weeks, the year or flat out retired.
    Iím ok with trading back (but remaining in the top 10) but not if QB Justin Fields or OT Penei Sewell are still on the board. Lawrence with be taken with the 1st pick. The Cowboys could trade down to 10 and still get a very good CB. I think there will be teams trying to trade up to get QB Trey Lance. I expect he will go anywhere between 5-8.

The question is what do the Cowboys do with Dak? If this team were a legit SB contender it would be a no brained to give Dak whatever he wants. This team is soooo far away from contending though that it makes no sense to tie up that big a portion of your cap on 1 guy when you have so many holes to fill. It would be better for the Cowboys to hit the reset button on the QB position.

Personally what I would do is draft a young QB in the 1st or 2nd round (Justin Fields or a 2nd round QB). I would also franchise Dak again and look to trade him. There will likely be a handful of teams willing to give up picks for Dak (Indy, and Chicago come immediately to mind). Then depending if Brees, Brady, and/or Big Ben retire anyone of those teams should be interested as well. Remember the Cowboys donít HAVE to take two 1st round picks for Dak (no team would offer two 1st for Dak). That can be negotiated down to a 1st and a 2nd, or worst case scenario two 2nd round picks.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.B View Post
    Iím ok with trading back (but remaining in the top 10) but not if QB Justin Fields or OT Penei Sewell are still on the board. Lawrence with be taken with the 1st pick. The Cowboys could trade down to 10 and still get a very good CB. I think there will be teams trying to trade up to get QB Trey Lance. I expect he will go anywhere between 5-8.

The question is what do the Cowboys do with Dak? If this team were a legit SB contender it would be a no brained to give Dak whatever he wants. This team is soooo far away from contending though that it makes no sense to tie up that big a portion of your cap on 1 guy when you have so many holes to fill. It would be better for the Cowboys to hit the reset button on the QB position.

Personally what I would do is draft a young QB in the 1st or 2nd round (Justin Fields or a 2nd round QB). I would also franchise Dak again and look to trade him. There will likely be a handful of teams willing to give up picks for Dak (Indy, and Chicago come immediately to mind). Then depending if Brees, Brady, and/or Big Ben retire anyone of those teams should be interested as well. Remember the Cowboys donít HAVE to take two 1st round picks for Dak (no team would offer two 1st for Dak). That can be negotiated down to a 1st and a 2nd, or worst case scenario two 2nd round picks.

I think the decision regardless of draft order is to pay or not pay Dak because then it changes what you have to do in the draft and what you can do in free agency even if you dont want to spend the possible money in free agency for years.

Again 4 is my dude. Wherever he goes I will be rooting for himand I'm not trying to fling him out of here just because or because of the injury. If he was playing I might still be talking draft cause we would probably still only have two wins but I wouldnt be talking about a new QB cause he can get us a win just by outscoring everyone when some OL players come back, he is that good.

But paying him means the only way you can improve this team while the cap hopefully recovers to this years number in 2022 and then goes up like a rocket as projected is through the draft and that means YOU cant miss otherwise you are paying a guy 40 million dollars to lead an average team at best.

People focus on the starting talent being bad on defense. Well what about the talent behind them? Injuries do and will happen. We clearly need OL depth, good OL depth even if it means they only fill in for a game or two.

You need at least 15 defensive players to replace the ones in the top 22 on that side that we have. You need at least replacement lineman and soon a LT. Thats going to cost you a premium pick.

We need at least 20 new faces that are better than what we have now. To get that in two drafts you have to acquire picks and not miss and well thats not going to happen (the missing part).

Quote Originally Posted by Chicken McNugz View Post
    I think the decision regardless of draft order is to pay or not pay Dak because then it changes what you have to do in the draft and what you can do in free agency even if you dont want to spend the possible money in free agency for years.

Again 4 is my dude. Wherever he goes I will be rooting for himand I'm not trying to fling him out of here just because or because of the injury. If he was playing I might still be talking draft cause we would probably still only have two wins but I wouldnt be talking about a new QB cause he can get us a win just by outscoring everyone when some OL players come back, he is that good.

But paying him means the only way you can improve this team while the cap hopefully recovers to this years number in 2022 and then goes up like a rocket as projected is through the draft and that means YOU cant miss otherwise you are paying a guy 40 million dollars to lead an average team at best.

People focus on the starting talent being bad on defense. Well what about the talent behind them? Injuries do and will happen. We clearly need OL depth, good OL depth even if it means they only fill in for a game or two.

You need at least 15 defensive players to replace the ones in the top 22 on that side that we have. You need at least replacement lineman and soon a LT. Thats going to cost you a premium pick.

We need at least 20 new faces that are better than what we have now. To get that in two drafts you have to acquire picks and not miss and well thats not going to happen (the missing part).
    I think draft order and whoís available is going to absolutely have an impact on Dakís future. If they are never in position to take a QB they like they will have no choice but to pay Dak. However if they do take a QB I could see them bringing Dalton back as a stop gap QB and then trading Dak or just let him walk. I was wrong in the number of comp picks they will have. They will actually have 4 comp picks (which is the max). From what I read they are expecting to two 3rd round picks (for Jones and Quinn), a 5th Heath, and. 6th for Cobb. Plus they have the conditional 6th they just got for Griffen. That gives them 12 picks in the next draft so far.

Over the last few years they have not been big players in FA. They have typically stayed away from the big money free agents. McCoy was the 1 big signing theyíve had over the last few years. I believe they will continue to primarily build through the draft and will use FA to plug holes with 3rd/4th tier free agents.

The Cowboys are bringing back Cooper Rush. They released Dontari Poe and Worley.

https://twitter.com/jpafootball/stat...536347138?s=21

Can we fire Nolan and promote Sean Lee to DC.

Quote Originally Posted by lbz88 View Post
    Jerry has a death grip on Nolan. I doubt he goes anywhere until at least the off season.

Quote Originally Posted by lbz88 View Post
    It made a huge difference having Lee back last night. Too bad DiNucci was a complete bomb

Quote Originally Posted by Mamba42 View Post
    It made a huge difference having Lee back last night. Too bad DiNucci was a complete bomb
    I actually watched my first game of the year. I seen the defense huddled on the sideline and Nolan was going over stuff with the whole defense and Sean Lee was talking to Nolan and Nolan seemed to be listening to what Lee was explaining. But it did seem to make a difference, hopefully Lee can get J Smith back on track. He seems a step slow getting to the hole or takes a wrong angle. LVE seems fine, just need to get Smith heading the right way now. Diggs is fine, makes rookie mistakes but also shows what he can do. I think with Awuzie back will help too, that moves Brown back to the slot and gets Lewis off the field. Keep Wilson and Woods or try Robinson in place of Woods as the safeties. Either lock up A Smith for a couple of years or trade him for whatever you can get. Gregory still has it and will get better every week. Woods, Gallimore, and Hamilton are fine at DT, trade Crawford someone will give you something for him.

I think having LVE back made as big an impact if not more than having Sean Lee back. Sean Lee is destined to be a coach, thatís pretty easy to see but on Sunday LVE was huge on the field. Heís the one that calls the defensive assignments pre-snap. It was clear that having him back vastly improved the defense.

https://twitter.com/toddarcher/statu...452506112?s=21

Looks like Cooper Rush will be the guy not Nooch.

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast