Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by Chronz View Post
    Been up close to him, hes barely taller than me and Im either 5"11 or 5"10 3/4. Really made me feel like a failure for not being in the NBA with my elite court vision.
    You never worked on your handles enough.

Kristaps Porzingis
    Stronger than most 15 year old girls.

Quote Originally Posted by KnicksorBust View Post
    Rondo 6'1
    Pat Bev 6'1
    Chris Paul 6'1

They each made all-nba defensive teams. If you think Trae Young doesn't have the motor that's fine but to just say "too small" is weak. He can add muscle and is the same height as the players above.
    The issue is it's very rare for a weak defensive player to increase to that level of a defender that some of those guys are. I did it in the Sixers forum when we had Okafor. It happens something like 2% of the time that someone goes from being a negative defender across the board to even average.

Yes too small is a place to talk because the Hawks switch on picks, and you can just switch to create an advantage you want with him. He's not overly strong so you can back him down when you want. He's slow at recognizing parts of the game defensively. He doesn't even gamble on passing lanes, he lets the pass happen.

He's a good player, but he's clearly already overrated cuz buketz. If I were a fan of the Hawks I would happily trade off about 5 PPG for a little bit of defense.

Then how tall is he?
    He might be 6' when he wakes up.

Rondo 6'1
    Pat Bev 6'1
    Chris Paul 6'1

They each made all-nba defensive teams. If you think Trae Young doesn't have the motor that's fine but to just say "too small" is weak. He can add muscle and is the same height as the players above.
    Young's wingspan is 6'3". Paul's is 6'4". Rondo's is 6'9". Bev's is 6'7". Those are pretty significant differences for rondo and bev.

So basically 1 player with a similar height, weight, wingspan profile as young has recently made an all defensive team in Paul and he's considered one of the most cerebral players in a long time. It's not crazy to say Paul is a pretty big outlier as a plus defender at his size.

Quote Originally Posted by crewfan13 View Post
    Young's wingspan is 6'3". Paul's is 6'4". Rondo's is 6'9". Bev's is 6'7". Those are pretty significant differences for rondo and bev.

So basically 1 player with a similar height, weight, wingspan profile as young has recently made an all defensive team in Paul and he's considered one of the most cerebral players in a long time. It's not crazy to say Paul is a pretty big outlier as a plus defender at his size.
    This^^

I'm highly doubtful Young will make enough of a just defensively. Any top 5 player list from an era has 5 two-way players.

Been up close to him, hes barely taller than me and Im either 5"11 or 5"10 3/4. Really made me feel like a failure for not being in the NBA with my elite court vision.
    for most players they throw in a couple inches and then list their height with shoes as well, so most get a generous 2-5 inch boost in their listed height in media. Many are taller than the average human but they aren't aliens.

Not the same sport, but the same thing here - I ran into Michael Vick and DeAngelo Hall at the NFL Draft a few years back. Vick is always listed at 6'0 or 6'1 and Hall 5'10. Vick was my height (I'm slightly under 5'11 without shoes) and Hall was about 2-3 inches shorter.

One of my former colleagues was a Euroballer who played forward. He was listed at 200cm but is actually 6'3 and change.

Quote Originally Posted by warfelg View Post
    Why does that matter? Young is a liability defensively and will always be due to size. If he learns to play passing lanes and angles like AI he can become better but heís always going to have that issue.

Saying athletic is somewhat subjective especially since no combine numbers for Nash exist and Young didnít do much more than get measured at his combine. So no lane agility test, baseline to baseline, standing jump, verticals to compare.
    I am really at a loss with Young. His numbers are fantastic. I havenít watch him enough but I feel he might be a guy whose numbers donít match his impact. I definitely feel that way about Collins. Young is a star but I am not sure what level of star

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

This^^

I'm highly doubtful Young will make enough of a just defensively. Any top 5 player list from an era has 5 two-way players.
    Magic?
    Iverson?
    Nash?
    STAT?
    Curry?
    Harden?

Kristaps Porzingis

Quote Originally Posted by MarkieMark48 View Post
    when you say few, im thinking like 3. Lebron is going to play at least until he breaks the scoring... I think he will remain in the top 5 until then.
    I'm wondering when playoff bron won't be arguably the best player in the playoffs. Obviously not this year. Next year? The year after? He's such a physical freak its hard to know.

It may take a severe injury to do it.
    Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Click here to register!

Hope to see some new posters around here soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Tg11 View Post
    For me my next generation top 5 in order

1- Giannis
    2- Doncic
    3- Zion Williamson
    4- Jokic
    5- Jayson Tatum

*Honorable mentions: Jamal Murray, Kristaps Porzingis, Donovan Mitchell, Embiid, Ingram

* Honorable mentions round out the top 10 for next generation elite superstars easily
    Meh I dont have a top 5 of my own yet but I would keep Doncic Jokic and Tatum there. Maybe bump Donovan to top 5. Giannis while great and all. Is only a regular season monster and chokes on the playoffs. Zion to me screams like injury prone(hope I'm wrong because he could put great seasons in the future). Also you got to put Ja there in the honorable section.

The issue is it's very rare for a weak defensive player to increase to that level of a defender that some of those guys are. I did it in the Sixers forum when we had Okafor. It happens something like 2% of the time that someone goes from being a negative defender across the board to even average.

Yes too small is a place to talk because the Hawks switch on picks, and you can just switch to create an advantage you want with him. He's not overly strong so you can back him down when you want. He's slow at recognizing parts of the game defensively. He doesn't even gamble on passing lanes, he lets the pass happen.

He's a good player, but he's clearly already overrated cuz buketz. If I were a fan of the Hawks I would happily trade off about 5 PPG for a little bit of defense.
    Iíd love to see him with long physical defenders that can cover the arc so we could see just how impactful his offense can be.

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    Iíd love to see him with long physical defenders that can cover the arc so we could see just how impactful his offense can be.

Between Reddish Hunter Collins and Capela we probably will in the next few years as they mature.

Young
    Reddish
    Hunter
    Collins
    Capela

If guys live up to their potential thatís very solid.
    <a href=https://images.app.goo.gl/RaiMUpUeDMoeqDZt7 target=_blank>https://images.app.goo.gl/RaiMUpUeDMoeqDZt7</a>

8/24/2

Giannis is an MVP, he's not next he's now.

Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    I am really at a loss with Young. His numbers are fantastic. I havenít watch him enough but I feel he might be a guy whose numbers donít match his impact. I definitely feel that way about Collins. Young is a star but I am not sure what level of star

From the experts I trust, he refuses to give up the ball early and hunts assists, I think he has one of the worst ratios between assists and hockey assists. He still elevates the team but that team is so bad that it could be a Marbury type deal.

From the experts I trust, he refuses to give up the ball early and hunts assists, I think he has one of the worst ratios between assists and hockey assists. He still elevates the team but that team is so bad that it could be a Marbury type deal.
    He wishes.

Kristaps Porzingis

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123