Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack the Ripper View Post
    I specifically mentioned the abortion of 9 month olds. Premature births happen every day and those are fully developed, fully healthy babies. Killing them in the 9th month is now ďscienceĒ?
    What on earth are you even talking about lol. There are not abortions of 9 month old babies. If it happens itís against the law and no doctor kills a 9 month baby.

Itís a statistical fact (I know you lefties hate those) that blacks are no more likely to be killed by police than people of any other race. Thatís a fact! Which calls into question just what exactly this movement is about. The right of child rapists to disregard police instruction and reach in their car to presumably grab a weapon and face no consequences for it? Thatís lunacy.
    This simply is not true. Share your evidence of this please because black people are much more likely to be killed by police relative to their population size. Youíre likely referring to raw numbers but when white people make up 63% of the population and blacks people 12% then comparing raw numbers is simply wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Mamba42 View Post
    This simply is not true. Share your evidence of this please because black people are much more likely to be killed by police relative to their population size. Youíre likely referring to raw numbers but when white people make up 63% of the population and blacks people 12% then comparing raw numbers is simply wrong.
    Shout out to Pouncey and Villanueva
    Last edited by Bosston; 09-17-2020 at 01:13 PM.

Yup.

Now do violent crime rates by demographic. You canít just use some statistics and ignore others.

What on earth are you even talking about lol. There are not abortions of 9 month old babies. If it happens itís against the law and no doctor kills a 9 month baby.
    Maybe read the posts previous to this one for context.

Now do violent crime rates by demographic. You canít just use some statistics and ignore others.
    You just want to shift the target or what? You said black people are not disproportionately killed by police and, if you wouldnít mind sharing, Iíd like to know what stats you are referring to when you say ďitís a statistical factĒ

Quote Originally Posted by Bosston View Post
    Shout out to Pouncey and Villanueva
    For what?

And if youíre wanting to wade into a discussion of violent crime then we will need to talk about poverty and inequality (which are the actual drivers of crime, not race. Black people are arrested for/commit a disproportionate amount of these crimes because they are disproportionately poor as well). If you want to stick with just institutional racism and police we could also discuss non-violent crimes (like drug use) and compare that across racial groups and we see a pretty clear picture of institutional racism.

Of course all of this belies the point that police should not be killing people regardless of their crimes. It doesnít happen in other countries and it shouldnít happen here. Thatís the basic point of all of this. There is racism involved here for sure, but police should not be killing any people without a trial unless in rare circumstances where their lives are actually in danger (not just that they perceive danger, which is another place where the race issue comes into play).

Imagine being born in this country and getting free housing, free food, free schooling, AND some spending money. Imagine not being able to use all the free time you have to succeed in the free school you get to attend... if that doesn't work out you always have the Army.

Systematic racism is a JOKE, there are literally hundreds of thousands of people who come to this country not knowing a word of English and end up being VERY successful due to HARD WORK...

Show me one person of any race who took school seriously, busted their *** working, and stayed off drugs and alcohol that didn't end up being semi successful...

Excuses, excuses, excuses... that's all I hear. Every single person that is in the USA has a chance to succeed no matter what race or gender. The problem with the inner city is that they idolize rappers, athletes, and drug dealers. Your chances of becoming 2/3 are slim to none and the other one won't get you far.
    Last edited by Bosston; 09-17-2020 at 02:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bosston View Post
    Imagine being born in this country and getting free housing, free food, free schooling, AND some spending money. Imagine not being able to use all the free time you have to succeed in the free school you get to attend... if that doesn't work out you always have the Army.

Systematic racism is a JOKE, there are literally hundreds of thousands of people who come to this country not knowing a word of English and end up being VERY successful due to HARD WORK...

Show me one person of any race who took school seriously, busted their *** working, and stayed off drugs and alcohol that didn't end up being semi successful...

Excuses, excuses, excuses... that's all I hear. Every single person that is in the USA has a chance to succeed no matter what race or gender. The problem with the inner city is that they idolize rappers, athletes, and drug dealers. Your chances of becoming 2/3 are slim to none and the other one won't get you far.
    I was kinda with you until the last paragraph, but it's also worth mentioning that the US welfare system is such a mess and causes people to become dependent and less likely to advance themselves. I grew up in a poor area to a working class family and had several friends who's parents bypassed better paying jobs because it would end up being a net-loss (or neutral) move due to the benefits they would lose. So you can make $2 more per hour (+$320/month) but end up losing $350 in welfare benefits while also getting more job responsibilities; many people stick to the lesser paying job + benefits which prevents them from continuing to move up careers.

Quote Originally Posted by manbearchef View Post
    I was kinda with you until the last paragraph, but it's also worth mentioning that the US welfare system is such a mess and causes people to become dependent and less likely to advance themselves. I grew up in a poor area to a working class family and had several friends who's parents bypassed better paying jobs because it would end up being a net-loss (or neutral) move due to the benefits they would lose. So you can make $2 more per hour (+$320/month) but end up losing $350 in welfare benefits while also getting more job responsibilities; many people stick to the lesser paying job + benefits which prevents them from continuing to move up careers.
    That's all a choice... if you're happy with X then you can't complain that someone else has Y. If you get X for free but have to work for Y then it's a choice you have to make. Jobs USUALLY increase pay the longer you work, if they don't you at least gain experience and can find another job that pays more. Welfare is welfare, we all know how it works... sell those food stamps for 50% cash and flip that if you can... that's how 90% of Bodegas get their $$$.

I came here when I was 5, they threw me into a school that was predominantly black and hispanic. I didn't know any english but made it to regular classes by first grade. I know ALL ABOUT racism, trust me... being one of the only white kids in school that spoke with an accent was a ****in disaster. All I could do is take school seriously... eventually I made some friends. Graduated grammar school, high school, went to college, med school, became a radiologist.

My dad worked 7 days a week from 5 am - 10pm... my mom cleaned houses for a living. They bought a house when I was in the 6th grade. It took them 6 years of busting their *** in a country that was foreign to them to buy a house after coming here with a suitcase. They never went on vacations, they never bought anything fancy... going to McDonalds once a month was a blessing. There are people who have drive and there are people who don't.

Sounds like pounced is pissed about having to support it as well, feels duped.

Quote Originally Posted by BDawk4Prez View Post
    Sounds like pounced is pissed about having to support it as well, feels duped.
    Can't blame the guy...

Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast