Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
Results 46 to 60 of 191
  1. #46
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    10,339
    Can't wait to watch Myles Garrett dominate this dude yet again.
    The Baker has come. Believe the hype.


  2. #47
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Mile High
    Posts
    17,579
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack the Ripper View Post
    Itís a statistical fact (I know you lefties hate those) that blacks are no more likely to be killed by police than people of any other race. Thatís a fact!.
    That is unequivocally not true.
    <><><><><><><><><><><><><><>
    <><><><><><><>
    <><><><>

  3. #48
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Philadelphia
    Posts
    114,237
    so much for freedom... the dude didnt want to make a hero out of a guy that was part of a gang shooting.... the horror.

  4. #49
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    [emoji288]
    Posts
    17,758
    Quote Originally Posted by manbearchef View Post
    this was clearly a mob mentality vote rather than a unified decision
    aka. democracy

  5. #50
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    [emoji288]
    Posts
    17,758
    Quote Originally Posted by Bullseyed View Post
    So, fascism. Neato.
    Democratic decision making is pretty much the opposite of fascism, but I'm expecting plenty of ridiculous takes whenever politics is discussed on PSD.

  6. #51
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Richmond, VA
    Posts
    60,354
    You know what I find ironic about this? 18 months ago when the AB drama was going down some of yíall were ripping the Steelers for having different rules for everyone. Now everyone having to do the same thing is a problem.

  7. #52
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Richmond, VA
    Posts
    60,354
    Quote Originally Posted by QB_Eagles View Post
    aka. democracy
    Quote Originally Posted by QB_Eagles View Post
    Democratic decision making is pretty much the opposite of fascism, but I'm expecting plenty of ridiculous takes whenever politics is discussed on PSD.
    Civics is hard because it's not taught here in America.

  8. #53
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    12,206
    Quote Originally Posted by QB_Eagles View Post
    aka. democracy
    That's exactly what it is, and there's a reason it's a flawed concept that isn't widely utilized in real world politics. Just because the mob outnumbers someone doesn't mean they're right. Imagine if the Bill of Rights were up for grabs by just a 51/49 vote.

    Like I said, if the team voted to put "All Lives Matter" or "Insert name of some killed police officer" do we really think the voters on the losing side would participate? No, and they shouldn't be expected to.

  9. #54
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Missouri
    Posts
    88,218
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack the Ripper View Post
    Imagine being a 14-year old victim of sexual assault and seeing an entire professional football team wearing your assaulterís name on their helmet and then having bleeding heart liberals who claim to be the party of womenís rights make him their personal hero and say that his criminal actions are irrelevant.

    You canít make this stuff up. lol
    Well said.

  10. #55
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    12,206
    Quote Originally Posted by warfelg View Post
    Civics is hard because it's not taught here in America.
    It's not totally incorrect to compare some types of democracy to fascism. Imagine Nazi Germany held a vote on whether Jews were allowed to be in the country. "Welp, the majority rules, democracy wins again!" You need a large percentage of your population to be nationalists to have fascism.

  11. #56
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Richmond, VA
    Posts
    60,354
    Quote Originally Posted by manbearchef View Post
    That's exactly what it is, and there's a reason it's a flawed concept that isn't widely utilized in real world politics. Just because the mob outnumbers someone doesn't mean they're right. Imagine if the Bill of Rights were up for grabs by just a 51/49 vote.
    It's literally used in every American election except the office of the president. The office of president is the only one where an individuals voice via vote is discounted.

  12. #57
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Richmond, VA
    Posts
    60,354
    Quote Originally Posted by manbearchef View Post
    It's not totally incorrect to compare some types of democracy to fascism. Imagine Nazi Germany held a vote on whether Jews were allowed to be in the country. "Welp, the majority rules, democracy wins again!" You need a large percentage of your population to be nationalists to have fascism.
    Can't imagine because they didn't hold a vote on that.

  13. #58
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    12,206
    Quote Originally Posted by warfelg View Post
    It's literally used in every American election except the office of the president. The office of president is the only one where an individuals voice via vote is discounted.
    It's used to elect officials to make legislation, it's rarely used for actual actions. I've been voting for 10 years and I've only ever been able to vote on two actionable votes:

    One was a vote to build a new combined county school. The school vote was a joke because if it didn't pass they stated they would sink millions into our old schools which were built on collapsing caves, so either way they were spending big money.

    The second was a vote to allow alcohol to be served in the county. The alcohol vote was a perfect example of why democracy can suck; it barely passed because 45% of the county cares about what others do with a legal beverage. The county suffered for years because the vote kept losing, and to no surprise as soon as it's approved we got 5 large restaurants almost immediately which has really improved things.

  14. #59
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Richmond, VA
    Posts
    60,354
    But back to the Steelers here:

    I have absolutely 0 problems that the decided way to do this was to vote as a team to all have the same person/cause on their back helmet bumper. I think its rather silly to trash them for this when we trash teams for not doing things unified all the time. I may not agree with who they chose to have on there, but I can understand why due to it being one of the few high profile cases in Pittsburgh, especially since his name was on the NFL list of approved names:
    https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...es-david-dorn/

    I have a bigger issue with Villanueva because this is now the second time that the team voted to do something and he went against the grain from what the decision was. In Chicago 2 years ago they voted as a team to stay in the tunnel during the national anthem, and right as they were walking out AV said he wanted to be able to see the flag, then when they brought the field flag out, he stepped forward while everyone else stepped back. Now he took tape and covered over a name that the team voted on; put on someone elses name. A name, mind you, that wasn't on the NFL list of approved names. Meaning he didn't even want the name of someone that was an option. He wanted to go completely off script.

    I would have had less of an issue if he decided to leave that back bumper blank, but no he took it further by puting a name un-approved by the nfl that doesn't have anything to do with the social justice issue that they are talking about. I have no problem if you want to say that Sgt. 1st Class Cashe is the type of person we should be celebrating, but what AV did was in defiance of what the NFL and most the NFPA want to promote with racial injustice.

  15. #60
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Richmond, VA
    Posts
    60,354
    Quote Originally Posted by manbearchef View Post
    It's used to elect officials to make legislation, it's rarely used for actual actions. I've been voting for 10 years and I've only ever been able to vote on two actionable votes:

    One was a vote to build a new combined county school. The school vote was a joke because if it didn't pass they stated they would sink millions into our old schools which were built on collapsing caves, so either way they were spending big money.

    The second was a vote to allow alcohol to be served in the county. The alcohol vote was a perfect example of why democracy can suck; it barely passed because 45% of the county cares about what others do with a legal beverage. The county suffered for years because the vote kept losing, and to no surprise as soon as it's approved we got 5 large restaurants almost immediately which has really improved things.
    Those are both less an issue with voting and more an issue with communication of the action at hand.

    So let me ask you this:
    Do you have an issue with 17 games and 3 WC teams? It wasn't a unanimous vote. What about the CBA? it wasn't ratified by every team. Wasn't voted yes by every player. What about last year's PI rule? IIRC 3 teams voted against it.

    Your basically if something isn't unanimous then you can't do it if you are saying that 1 contrary vote means we shouldn't do something.

Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •