Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast
Results 136 to 150 of 191
  1. #136
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    835
    Quote Originally Posted by QB_Eagles View Post
    Yeah, I'm judging it by end the result, which is to blow up people in the Middle East as expensively as possible.

    Like the unit acquisition cost for a MQ-9 Reaper drone is about $30 million, and a strike of 4 Hellfire missiles costs about $.4 million.

    The "best" thing about is that drone strikes can't actually achieve any real military objective; if anything they radicalize innocent bystanders and therefore create more targets.

    That's how you can keep these wars going forever, and military contractors get richer.

    True, there's also this massive logistics apparatus that employs plenty of pencil pushers who aren't directly involved in the killing.

    They're "only following orders" like the Nazi bureaucrats said at the Nuremberg trials.
    You've got to be really special to compare anything to what the Nazis did in the 1940's. You should visit Auschwitz-Birkenau and educate yourself because you sound ****ing ********.

  2. #137
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    835
    Sorry to be the bearer of bad news but systematic racism doesn't exist... ask any successful black person. What exists is a primitive mentality (across every race, religion, and creed) that doesn't take into account the benefits of having a molecular family. When you grow up idolizing drug dealers, rappers, and professional athletes it won't get you far. The drug dealers, rappers, and professional athletes set a horrible example for children who don't have a strong male figure in their lives, the circle continues and the white man is blamed.

    What makes it even worse is that rappers don't even glorify selling drugs anymore, they glorify taking drugs. **** *****es, get money... I can't imagine wearing $200 sneakers with a $500 belt and living in the projects, like that **** is cool nowadays. Mental slavery brought to you by your peers... disgusting.
    Last edited by Bosston; 09-18-2020 at 11:21 AM.

  3. #138
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    [emoji288]
    Posts
    17,670
    Quote Originally Posted by Bosston View Post
    You've got to be really special to compare anything to what the Nazis did in the 1940's. You should visit Auschwitz-Birkenau and educate yourself because you sound ****ing ********.
    True, bombing the highest developed country in Africa into one of the worst with now open slave markets doesn't reach the level of the Nazis, but I was making a comparison between the "only following orders" mindset, not the scale of the atrocities.

    Fortunately, many ex-veterans realize they've been duped into killing for corporate profits, but unfortunately that realization results in PTSD, depression, and other mental illnesses.

  4. #139
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    [emoji288]
    Posts
    17,670
    Quote Originally Posted by Bosston View Post
    the benefits of having a molecular family.
    😂😂😂

    When you definitely know what you're talking about and aren't just repeating propaganda.
    Last edited by QB_Eagles; 09-18-2020 at 11:32 AM.

  5. #140
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    835
    Quote Originally Posted by QB_Eagles View Post
    😂😂😂

    When you definitely know what you're talking about and aren't just repeating propaganda.
    My wife has a PhD in family and human development... children in the inner cities have a much higher rate of not falling through the cracks if they have a mother and father present in their lives, that's not even debatable.

  6. #141
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    [emoji288]
    Posts
    17,670
    Quote Originally Posted by Bosston View Post
    My wife has a PhD in family and human development... children in the inner cities have a much higher rate of not falling through the cracks if they have a mother and father present in their lives, that's not even debatable.
    Sure, locking up more than 2 million people, a fifth of them for nonviolent drug offenses, and torturing them or turning them more criminal in prison, has had a negative effect on many families, nuclear or otherwise.

  7. #142
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    835
    Quote Originally Posted by QB_Eagles View Post
    Sure, locking up more than 2 million people, a fifth of them for nonviolent drug offenses, and torturing them or turning them more criminal in prison, has had a negative effect on many families, nuclear or otherwise.
    One of the best ways to stay out of jail is to not commit crimes. Rather than selling drugs, pick up a book and get an education. Unfortunately it takes at least 4 years to graduate from school, it only takes a few months to hustle and get that first brick. We all know how fast money works, there are risks involved. If you can't do the time, don't do the crime. No one is doing hard time for smoking weed unless it's a violation of probation / parole...

    "The system keeps us in poverty"... the same system that gives you a free education, free housing, free food, and spending money. Everything is handed to you, all you have to do is go to school and figure out your own path. Instead, that time is spent on the corner trying to make a quick buck. Who's fault is that? Not the systems.
    Last edited by Bosston; 09-18-2020 at 11:44 AM.

  8. #143
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    [emoji288]
    Posts
    17,670
    Quote Originally Posted by Bosston View Post
    One of the best ways to stay out of jail is to not commit crimes. Rather than selling drugs, pick up a book and get an education. Unfortunately it takes at least 4 years to graduate from school, it only takes a few months to hustle and get that first brick. We all know how fast money works, there are risks involved. If you can't do the time, don't do the crime. No one is doing hard time for smoking weed unless it's a violation of probation / parole...
    The schools that have police officers in them and send you to juvie for three minor offenses.

    There aren't even enough jobs for everyone because the fiscal policy is to always maintain a reserve of unemployed people.

    How about investing money to provide people with stable jobs (not in the gig economy), accommodation (that doesn't cost 50% of sb's income), healthcare (like in case of addiction)? I.e. poverty alleviation that has been proven to work in many countries.

    Nah, let's ban rap music instead, because it contains harmful ideas. That's clearly the source of crime instead of the actual material conditions.
    Last edited by QB_Eagles; 09-18-2020 at 11:58 AM.

  9. #144
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    12,187
    Quote Originally Posted by QB_Eagles View Post
    Yeah, I'm judging it by end the result, which is to blow up people in the Middle East as expensively as possible.

    Like the unit acquisition cost for a MQ-9 Reaper drone is about $30 million, and a strike of 4 Hellfire missiles costs about $.4 million.

    The "best" thing about is that drone strikes can't actually achieve any real military objective; if anything they radicalize innocent bystanders and therefore create more targets.

    That's how you can keep these wars going forever, and military contractors get richer.

    True, there's also this massive logistics apparatus that employs plenty of pencil pushers who aren't directly involved in the killing.

    They're "only following orders" like the Nazi bureaucrats said at the Nuremberg trials.
    I get what you're arguing and I don't necessarily disagree, but you're really overselling the role most people play in the military. My BIL has been in for nearly a decade and mainly works IT and security related jobs, he's just now doing his first "deployment" which is to Texas for border wall expansion. I have family members who were grunts who never even saw war deployments.

    There's plenty of defense and security jobs in the military that you don't have to be a leftist imagination killer.

  10. #145
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    835
    Quote Originally Posted by QB_Eagles View Post
    The schools that have police officers in them and send you to juvie for three minor offenses.

    There aren't even enough jobs for everyone because the fiscal policy is to always maintain a reserve of unemployed people.

    How about investing money to provide people with stable jobs (not in the gig economy), accommodation (that doesn't cost 50% of sb's income), healthcare (like in case of addiction)? I.e. poverty alleviation that has been proven to work in many countries.

    Nah, let's ban rap music instead, because it contains harmful ideas. That's clearly the source of crime instead of the actual material conditions.
    The unemployment rate was at 3.5% last year, I was hiring like crazy for my side business and it was hard finding enough people, I still have about 3 position to fill but people would rather get $600 to stay home.

    If you think police officers in schools are there to **** with kids and get them in trouble, you're wrong. No one is going to juvie for 3 MINOR offenses.

    Addiction is a choice, all the money being spent to keep heroin addicts alive should be invested into other programs.

    You've proven nothing in your last post.

  11. #146
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    [emoji288]
    Posts
    17,670
    Quote Originally Posted by Bosston View Post
    Addiction is a choice
    Pointless to argue with someone who rejects medical science.

    Quote Originally Posted by Bosston View Post
    You've proven nothing in your last post.
    You ever heard of the stat "capitalism has lifted 1 billion people out of poverty"?

    That's actually due to very expensive government programs. 850 million Chinese people didn't suddenly all as individuals decide to "apply themselves".
    Last edited by QB_Eagles; 09-18-2020 at 12:59 PM.

  12. #147
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    835
    Quote Originally Posted by QB_Eagles View Post
    Pointless to argue with someone who rejects medical science.
    I'm a radiologist, valedictorian - Rutgers, salutatorian - NYU. If you CHOOSE to stick a needle in your arm it's a choice, children aren't born addicted to drugs. If a mother uses drugs during a pregnancy a child can experience withdrawal, neonatal abstinence syndrome. They however are not addicted to the drug and must make a choice to start using...
    Last edited by Bosston; 09-18-2020 at 12:45 PM.

  13. #148
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    [emoji288]
    Posts
    17,670
    Quote Originally Posted by Bosston View Post
    I'm a radiologist
    So what would you know about addiction?

  14. #149
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    835
    Quote Originally Posted by QB_Eagles View Post
    So what would you know about addiction?
    I know that babies are not born addicted to drugs, therefor the only way to become addicted to drugs is by making a choice to do drugs.

  15. #150
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Missouri
    Posts
    88,139
    Quote Originally Posted by Bosston View Post
    I know that babies are not born addicted to drugs, therefor the only way to become addicted to drugs is by making a choice to do drugs.
    Wut?!?!?

Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •