Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by mgjohnson7851 View Post
    The NFL initiative of putting people's names on the back of the helmet is good.

Avoiding putting the name of a thug who was involved in a drive bye shooting on a helmet is a good thing to do.

Both things can be true.
    Yep. Well put.
    GJO- You will never be forgotten. "MORE THAN MINFINITY"!

Quote Originally Posted by Bosston View Post
    Imagine being born in this country and getting free housing, free food, free schooling, AND some spending money. Imagine not being able to use all the free time you have to succeed in the free school you get to attend... if that doesn't work out you always have the Army.
    If the American Dream proves elusive, you can always go kill Middle Easterners for profit. 👍

Quote Originally Posted by Mamba42 View Post
    Thank god PSD does not represent most people. What a hellish place that would be.
    The guy accusing others of fascism even pulled out the neo-Nazis' favorite stats. Mad place this.
    Last edited by QB_Eagles; 09-17-2020 at 11:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by QB_Eagles View Post
    If the American Dream proves elusive, you can always go kill Middle Easterners for profit. 👍
    Or hide behind social justice all the while being a marxist.
    GJO- You will never be forgotten. "MORE THAN MINFINITY"!

Quote Originally Posted by dbroncsinmo View Post
    You mean like Fred Hampton?

Interesting response though; I figured you'd come back with something like, "nah, the troops are there protecting muh freedoms."

Probably the craziest thing about this place is that you got people who espouse a complete disregard for the material conditions, who think wealth is created by ideals, attitude, culture, but then also believe themselves to not be liberals.
    Last edited by QB_Eagles; 09-18-2020 at 10:10 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by mgjohnson7851 View Post
    The NFL initiative of putting people's names on the back of the helmet is good.

Avoiding putting the name of a thug who was involved in a drive bye shooting on a helmet is a good thing to do.

Both things can be true.
    Spot on.

Quote Originally Posted by QB_Eagles View Post
    If the American Dream proves elusive, you can always go kill Middle Easterners for profit.
    You give the army too much credit. They'll just as easily pay you $50k/year to push paperwork and pass monthly PT tests. I work with way too many army desk jockeys with long careers who haven't left the country.

Sounding less and less that it was a team decision.

Wat got awfully quiet all of a sudden.

Quote Originally Posted by BDawk4Prez View Post
    Sounding less and less that it was a team decision.

Wat got awfully quiet all of a sudden.
    Because IDGAF to be honest because no matter what the story was the Steelers weíre getting **** on. And only on PSD is it this big of a deal.

Quote Originally Posted by warfelg View Post
    Because IDGAF to be honest because no matter what the story was the Steelers weíre getting **** on. And only on PSD is it this big of a deal.
    I donít see it as a big deal personally.

Just interesting that itís not what it was made to appear.

Quote Originally Posted by BDawk4Prez View Post
    I donít see it as a big deal personally.

Just interesting that itís not what it was made to appear.
    The reporting changed throughout the day. When I brought it up earlier that it was a team vote thatís what the Steelers beat reporters were saying.

The reason IDGAF about it is because of (1) that part but (2) itís the second time the team as a whole is being blamed for the action of a single player. If AV doesnít change the name on there this isnít a story. (3) We should then go through every name on the list and point out whoís wearing what.

Just like the NBA, I hate that the NFL is kinda passing the buck to the players but also giving them a list of who to choose. I dunno who made that choice on the name, but I would be willing to bet that list is a name of a person of color killed by cops in every NFL city and the decision making didnít go further than ďoh heís from Pittsburgh.Ē And as I pointed out yes thatís a problem.

What I donít have the problem with is the ďweíre doing it as a teamĒ initiative. The NFL should have given just phrases like the NBA did rather than names to avoid situations like this.

Coming back around a bit is what bothers me about AV doing this on his own is the team held up a sign during the anthem. On it was 52 towns/cities. It was a city each selected by a player where a minority was killed by cops. ESPN didnít show it or explain it so few knew about it.

Pretty tone deaf but not surprising.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feel free to go up to a BLM supporter and tell it that all lives matter. That will turn out well for you. Once you've done that, come back and tell us that BLM believes all lives matter let alone all black lives matter.

Oh yeah, and...lol.
    I wouldn't say that phrase anyway, because it's clearly an inflammatory thing to say to disregard the purpose of the black lives matter movement. You clearly aren't paying any attention beyond what Ben Shapiro or Charlie Kirk have to tell you. All lives matter implicit in the BLM message (which seeks to include black lives along with all other lives). It's really not that difficult to understand.

What is a Marxist to you? Do you have a good definition or is just a boogyman word you like to throw out for people who disagree with you? Have you read any Marx? Have you read any academic works that actually discuss Marx? Any classical political economy at all? If not, and you don't have a good definition for a Marxist, then maybe you ought to before throwing the word around.

Quote Originally Posted by manbearchef View Post
    You give the army too much credit. They'll just as easily pay you $50k/year to push paperwork and pass monthly PT tests. I work with way too many army desk jockeys with long careers who haven't left the country.
    He is referring to the military in general (and more specifically the military industrial complex), not arguing that individual soldiers are making profit off of killing Middle Easterners.
    Last edited by Mamba42; 09-18-2020 at 10:01 AM.

Feel free to go up to a BLM supporter and tell it that all lives matter. That will turn out well for you. Once you've done that, come back and tell us that BLM believes all lives matter let alone all black lives matter.

Oh yeah, and...lol.
    Going up to a blm supporter and refusing to say black lives matter is absolutely racist, no matter the intent.

People need to stop being nice and just stick with that.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Click here to register!

Hope to see some new posters around here soon.

Quote Originally Posted by blams View Post
    Going up to a blm supporter and refusing to say black lives matter is absolutely racist, no matter the intent.

People need to stop being nice and just stick with that.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
    He does have a point though. I'm not someone who screams "all lives matter" because I do know some people use it to just belittle BLM, but it's so funny for anyone to get upset hearing that all lives matter.

Protester: "Black lives matter!!!"

Other person: "All lives matter."

Protester: "Say "black lives matter" you ****ing racist!!!!"

Other person: "black lives DO matter."

Protester: "OMG, no they don't! Systematic racism, oppression, reeeeeee!!!!"

I'm just saying, it gets pretty stupid at times.

Quote Originally Posted by manbearchef View Post
    Yeah, I'm judging it by end the result, which is to blow up people in the Middle East as expensively as possible.

Like the unit acquisition cost for a MQ-9 Reaper drone is about $30 million, and a strike of 4 Hellfire missiles costs about $.4 million.

The "best" thing about is that drone strikes can't actually achieve any real military objective; if anything they radicalize innocent bystanders and therefore create more targets.

That's how you can keep these wars going forever, and military contractors get richer.

True, there's also this massive logistics apparatus that employs plenty of pencil pushers who aren't directly involved in the killing.

They're "only following orders" like the Nazi bureaucrats said at the Nuremberg trials.

Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast