Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    Bro I can handle some good old banter but when you start using slurs it's unacceptable. Shows your intelligence that's for sure.

I still don't think we are as bad as what we've shown. I thought our defense would struggle early for sure with so many new pieces. I didn't think the offense would have this many problems though.

I still stand by week 4 or 5 we'll start to see some improvements but tough schedule may say otherwise.

I'm all for a QB pick but god damn I'm almost certain that Zim would ruin it. I'd feel a lot more comfortable with a offensive minded coach running a rookie QB. *cough* Eric Beienemy.

Look at the early success thus far for Kingsbury in AZ with Murray.

Looking at our schedule, combined with how we've played thru the first 2 weeks, I see about 3 or 4 wins lol

Quote Originally Posted by nessythegreat View Post
    We won't be that lucky. We will do our normal thing and win just enough to get the 7th to 15th pick and not be able to get our Quarterback that we have needed for the past 30 to 40 years. Bank on it.
    Mahomes was the 10th pick. DeShaun Watson was the 12th pick and Lamar Jackson the 32nd pick. Our draft position is no excuse for our complete inability to draft and/or develop a quarterback for decades.

Zim has only a few games to turn this around, otherwise we will have a new coach next season. We can't be this deep into a project and perform like this.
    Last edited by Surlyc; 09-21-2020 at 05:01 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Surlyc View Post
    Mahomes was the 10th pick. DeShaun Watson was the 12th pick and Lamar Jackson the 32nd pick. Our draft position is no excuse for our complete inability to draft and/or develop a quarterback for decades.

Zim has only a few games to turn this around, otherwise we will have a new coach next season. We can't be this deep into a project and perform like this.
    I love Zimmer but man... Bieniemy is starting to look nice right now. Then again, if Zimmer had Mahomes, he may look like a genius, too. I don't know what to do. Part of it isn't his fault because Hunter is out, we have no interior dline, and the CBs are all super inexperienced. On the flip side, he needs to adjust better and create a scheme around his guys. I don't know what they should do. I think Rick is more responsible for getting them in this mess than Zimmer but if we get embarrassed for a few more game, they might both be out the door.

One of the biggest problems I've seen is the lack of Dalvin in the offense. They always seem to have some excuse for going away from him but he should be touching the ball 30 times a game. I don't care about down and distance (apparently they don't either. They hand it off to Mattison on 3rd and 9 near our own 15) they need to feed him. What was the point of paying him if Kirk is just going to force throws to Thielen in double coverage all day?

ISH on every level!! I am a fan of Zimm but this is gross. At the start of the year was thinking 7-8 wins maybe sneak into playoffs with 9, but now 2-3 maybe!!!! Well lets get our QB for the future!!! I think I am punting on this season!!!

Here is the biggest problem though if we were in position to draft a QB stud as mentioned. Do you guys trust Zim to develop him? I trust Zim to develop defensive guys but hell no on the QB. I feel he would ruin a guy like Lawrence, Fields or Lance. But there would be hope in seeing Russ Wilson develop under a defensive guy like Pete but even then Pete keeps pulling the reigns on Russ.

All that being said...going into this offseason I thought this would be a soft rebuild/retool year so I have to be patient. I can't expect one thing and then be pissed when that one thing happens lol. I've been a Zim fan and will continue to support, besides we kind of have to, he isn't going anywhere.

Quote Originally Posted by pacofunk64 View Post
    All that being said...going into this offseason I thought this would be a soft rebuild/retool year so I have to be patient. I can't expect one thing and then be pissed when that one thing happens lol. I've been a Zim fan and will continue to support, besides we kind of have to, he isn't going anywhere.
    for as bad at the vikes played the Defense did step up for 3 QRTS. I'm actually convinced we may have the best goal line D somehow with how many stops they have had within the 5 lol. If the offense could have just given them a TD to build some momentum and pressure off of the game may have shifted. It really is crazy to think that Cousins and Kubiak would be so far apart on the offense. Even in week 1 Cousins doesn't seem to know there are other guys on the field than Thielen. Idk how this is this case considering how he spread it around with AT out last season for so many games.

I also need to understand why 31 other teams can throw a 5 yard hitch or slant to their TEs 8 times a game and we don't use either of our TEs who would feast on 20 other teams. I also need to understand Bisi over Jefferson. Is it a rookie thing or what. Bisi makes some good plays here and there but it is apparent watching the games that he doesn't do a good job of getting open early in routes and therefore is not an option on a lot of plays until it turns into a scramble.

Really hope things change but idk this year. The last two games were unwatchable, losing is one thing, but being so incompetent is hard to understand with this team. Even the good plays so far this season have looked painfully difficult.
    Last edited by El Jorge 69; 09-21-2020 at 11:44 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Surlyc View Post

I get what you're saying but historically it's not the case with QBs. It's rare that the 2nd, 3rd or 4th QB drafted end up better than the first. But that could be changing with QBs nowadays.

I've been of a similar mindset but what if we keep losing like we have been? This team seriously looks worse than any other team in the NFL right now. They look disinterested and not prepared. At some point the blame has to fall on the head couch. I don't think he can just fire another OC and save his job anymore.
    https://orig00.deviantart.net/1dc3/f/2018/078/e/e/cousins_by_matthew998-dc6cc8l.png

Whatever we do lets not blame the last 5 years of failure and disappointment on the head coach and g.m.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If you cant beat them, join them

Here is the biggest problem though if we were in position to draft a QB stud as mentioned. Do you guys trust Zim to develop him? I trust Zim to develop defensive guys but hell no on the QB. I feel he would ruin a guy like Lawrence, Fields or Lance. But there would be hope in seeing Russ Wilson develop under a defensive guy like Pete but even then Pete keeps pulling the reigns on Russ.
    That would likely fall more on the shoulders of the offensive coordinator, since Zimmer is a defensive minded coach. I can't think of any young QBs Kubiak has had to develop, but he's gotten the best out of the washed up old guys he's been with.

Quote Originally Posted by natelpete View Post
    That would likely fall more on the shoulders of the offensive coordinator, since Zimmer is a defensive minded coach. I can't think of any young QBs Kubiak has had to develop, but he's gotten the best out of the washed up old guys he's been with.
    As i was saying

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If you cant beat them, join them

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast