Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
Results 46 to 59 of 59
  1. #46
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    8,502
    They canít get a stop to save their lives. Nolan has not been impressive this season so far.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  2. #47
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    5,555
    It didn't take long for CeeDee to lead in yards.

  3. #48
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    8,502
    Quote Originally Posted by rocketfuel View Post
    It didn't take long for CeeDee to lead in yards.
    I was noticing Cooperís demeanor in the 3rd and it looked like he had completely checked out of the game. Now this was before he made that big play so maybe it was nothing but to me it looked like he was playing as if the game was out of reach.

    CeeDee and Gallup though clearly had a fire in them. CeeDee looked great today but I really think Gallup is going to be the best WR on this team by the end of the season.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  4. #49
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    5,555
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.B View Post
    I was noticing Cooperís demeanor in the 3rd and it looked like he had completely checked out of the game. Now this was before he made that big play so maybe it was nothing but to me it looked like he was playing as if the game was out of reach.

    CeeDee and Gallup though clearly had a fire in them. CeeDee looked great today but I really think Gallup is going to be the best WR on this team by the end of the season.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Yeah, Gallup is a stud. You think we're able to keep him? CeeDee seems intense no matter what. I think he badly wants to show the Cowboys were right to pick him.

  5. #50
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    8,502
    Quote Originally Posted by rocketfuel View Post
    Yeah, Gallup is a stud. You think we're able to keep him? CeeDee seems intense no matter what. I think he badly wants to show the Cowboys were right to pick him.
    If they want to keep Gallup they should be able to. Heís UFA in 2022. Cooper is signed through 2025 (at $20M per) however the Cowboys can get out from under his contract also in 2022. They could cut Cooper in order to free up cap space to sign Gallup. Cut Cooper in 2022 and he only counts $6M in dead money.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  6. #51
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    5,555
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.B View Post
    If they want to keep Gallup they should be able to. Heís UFA in 2022. Cooper is signed through 2025 (at $20M per) however the Cowboys can get out from under his contract also in 2022. They could cut Cooper in order to free up cap space to sign Gallup. Cut Cooper in 2022 and he only counts $6M in dead money.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    With the way things are going, it might only take 8 or 9 games to win the NFC East.

  7. #52
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Metroplex
    Posts
    2,798
    Quote Originally Posted by rocketfuel View Post
    With the way things are going, it might only take 8 or 9 games to win the NFC East.
    Your NFC East champs - The 8 and 8 Dallas Cowboys!

  8. #53
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    8,502
    Quote Originally Posted by rocketfuel View Post
    With the way things are going, it might only take 8 or 9 games to win the NFC East.
    Hell it might not even take that many wins. 6-7 wins might win the NFC East this year.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  9. #54
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    8,502
    Quote Originally Posted by zookman65 View Post
    Your NFC East champs - The 8 and 8 Dallas Cowboys!
    8-8 was my prediction for the Cowboys this year.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  10. #55
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    5,555
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.B View Post
    Hell it might not even take that many wins. 6-7 wins might win the NFC East this year.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    LOL. I was secretly thinking it, but it sounded so outlandish to say in public that I went conservative. The only team I can remember was the 7-9 Seahawks that went to the playoffs. Not sure what you all think of McCarthy's more aggressive playcalling vs. Garrett's? On a side note, I did find it promising that with our new 3 wide receiver combo, they aren't really out of many games. Still capable of a quick strike that I didn't see in previous years. CeeDee is just playing great for it being his first few games...he's better than advertised.

  11. #56
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    8,502
    Quote Originally Posted by rocketfuel View Post
    LOL. I was secretly thinking it, but it sounded so outlandish to say in public that I went conservative. The only team I can remember was the 7-9 Seahawks that went to the playoffs. Not sure what you all think of McCarthy's more aggressive playcalling vs. Garrett's? On a side note, I did find it promising that with our new 3 wide receiver combo, they aren't really out of many games. Still capable of a quick strike that I didn't see in previous years. CeeDee is just playing great for it being his first few games...he's better than advertised.
    Iím not really sure what to think yet. When he left Green Bay his reputation was very similar to Jason Garrettís. Super conservative, and boring predictable offense. Also refused to incorporate analytics into his coaching. During his year off he studied analytics and now seems to lead heavy on that. Apparently thatís why he went for 2. Also he did not have this team ready to start the season or start either game. So the jury is still out on McCarthy in my opinion.

    As for the 3 wide outs, they all looked great! I was also really impressed with how Zeke looks. He looks like heís in great shape and looks quicker than he did last year. He has the burst again that he didnít show last year. Heís also looked good in the passing game.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  12. #57
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    5,555
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.B View Post
    Iím not really sure what to think yet. When he left Green Bay his reputation was very similar to Jason Garrettís. Super conservative, and boring predictable offense. Also refused to incorporate analytics into his coaching. During his year off he studied analytics and now seems to lead heavy on that. Apparently thatís why he went for 2. Also he did not have this team ready to start the season or start either game. So the jury is still out on McCarthy in my opinion.

    As for the 3 wide outs, they all looked great! I was also really impressed with how Zeke looks. He looks like heís in great shape and looks quicker than he did last year. He has the burst again that he didnít show last year. Heís also looked good in the passing game.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I admit the 3 wide receivers make the Dallas offense a lot more exciting to watch. If Cowboy fans were honest, the last few years they probably enjoyed watching the Chiefs offense more. But, this year, it feels like a heavyweight with a knockout punch....they might be on the ropes, but they can strike at any moment. I noticed that CeeDee is already making subtle veteran moves on how he shakes free from his defender, without drawing a penalty. That guy is so good. The o line just needs to hold up and once the quarterback and his receivers get their timing down, they might be able to really put up points like they did here.

  13. #58
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    13,953
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.B View Post
    Iím not really sure what to think yet. When he left Green Bay his reputation was very similar to Jason Garrettís. Super conservative, and boring predictable offense. Also refused to incorporate analytics into his coaching. During his year off he studied analytics and now seems to lead heavy on that. Apparently thatís why he went for 2. Also he did not have this team ready to start the season or start either game. So the jury is still out on McCarthy in my opinion.

    As for the 3 wide outs, they all looked great! I was also really impressed with how Zeke looks. He looks like heís in great shape and looks quicker than he did last year. He has the burst again that he didnít show last year. Heís also looked good in the passing game.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    To be fair on not having the team ready he hasnít had an off season with them and no preseason either. I think youíre right to say in other threads we need to wait until around November to actually know what effect he is having on the team (other than more aggressive on fourth down, etc. which is already apparent)

  14. #59
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    8,502
    Quote Originally Posted by Mamba42 View Post
    To be fair on not having the team ready he hasnít had an off season with them and no preseason either. I think youíre right to say in other threads we need to wait until around November to actually know what effect he is having on the team (other than more aggressive on fourth down, etc. which is already apparent)
    Yea that absolutely plays a part in MM having the team ready to play but McVay sure had his team ready to play. It does show us though the importance of preseason. 2 preseason games should be more than enough though.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •