Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Atlanta Falcons @ Dallas Cowboys (week 2)

Letís see if we keep this thread going in here.

Honestly I have no idea what to expect from this game. This year has been so weird already. They still have Matt Ryan and Julio Jones so I expect they still lean heavy towards the pass. Other than that I donít really know anything about the Falcons or their style of play.

From the Cowboys perspective they need to fix their run defense, especially up the middle. Poe, Hill, Crawford, and Gallimore need to get their heads out of their ***. Thatís a lot of beef in the middle and they have no business getting pushed around like they did against the Rams. The same applies to the LBís. The secondary is in for a tougher test this week than against the Rams. The played well against LA but they need to keep it up. If the DTís can man up the pass rush should look at lot better.

On offense they need to FEED ZEKE! Also, FEED POLLARD! By the end of the season they could easily be the best 1-2 punch at RB in the NFL. I would like to see both of them at around 60-70 catches for the season.

Itís also a matter of time before Lamb goes off. He was really upset after the Rams game because of his performance. Within the next couple of games I expect him to have a huge game.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah this game is tough to call. Falcons aren't really that great overall as a team but they do have an offense that can put up a lot of points. We definitely need our run defense to improve. They actually did over the course of the game, so I expect they'll be better this game. Obviously missing LVE will hurt and we haven't made a move to sign anyone as far as I can tell, so they'll rely on Joe Thomas it seems and wait for Sean Lee to return and hopefully stay healthy like he was able to last year. (Side note: We should really look into signing Darron Lee, he is young and has proven to be a reliable NFL player).

Offensively they need to let it rip I think. Let's see what our offense can do. Agreed on feeding Zeke and Pollard. Use some screens, use a lot of motion, do the things that made the offense potent last year and we should be fine.

I predict we will score more than 30 this week, just need our defense to keep them below 30 and we should win. That's the big question.

I was hoping to see the 3 dynamic receivers unleashed in the first game. But, it didn't look like they could really get any momentum going. I was also hoping to see a great pass rush. Aldon Smith looks promising. I think they really miss Gerald McCoy in the middle though.

Quote Originally Posted by rocketfuel View Post
    I was hoping to see the 3 dynamic receivers unleashed in the first game. But, it didn't look like they could really get any momentum going. I was also hoping to see a great pass rush. Aldon Smith looks promising. I think they really miss Gerald McCoy in the middle though.
    I have a feeling Lamb is going to go off against the Falcons. He was really upset after the loss. He was not happy with his performance at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.B View Post
    I have a feeling Lamb is going to go off against the Falcons. He was really upset after the loss. He was not happy with his performance at all.

Which is weird to me, I thought he looked good. Obviously the one big mistake on 4th down not running his route deep enough but otherwise I thought he looked good.

Quote Originally Posted by Mamba42 View Post
    Which is weird to me, I thought he looked good. Obviously the one big mistake on 4th down not running his route deep enough but otherwise I thought he looked good.
    Gallup commented that Lamb was near tears in the locker room after the game because they lost. He felt he had one of his worst games and left so much more on the field.

Iím hoping that MM learned (after watching film) that it was a huge mistake to not have Zeke on the field on that 4th down play. Him and Pollard should both be in.

Also I have a feeling that Gallup is going to lead this team in receptions this year. He looks a lot stronger than he did last year.

I thought he looked good for his very first showing. He almost looked like a 3rd year. With these weapons, I was kind of hoping for the greatest show on turf, the Cowboys version. I would really like to see Everson Griffin and Aldon Smith get going though. The Rams were probably a lot better than the experts had them.

Iím hoping that MM learned (after watching film) that it was a huge mistake to not have Zeke on the field on that 4th down play. Him and Pollard should both be in.

Also I have a feeling that Gallup is going to lead this team in receptions this year. He looks a lot stronger than he did last year.

I hope they try to extend him before he hits free agency. He looks better than Amari sometimes. They had some success when they started throwing to Zeke. Maybe, they should try to get the running backs involved more in the passing game. Pollard certainly is able to move great in traffic. We also know that CeeDee is great at moving through traffic, so get him some of that stuff in the middle.

Gallup is really really good. I wouldnít be surprised if he leads the team in yards but I bet Cooper still leads in catches cause he seems to be a more precise route runner that Dak looks to. Gallup goes for the deeper throws it seems like

Quote Originally Posted by rocketfuel View Post
    I thought he looked good for his very first showing. He almost looked like a 3rd year. With these weapons, I was kind of hoping for the greatest show on turf, the Cowboys version. I would really like to see Everson Griffin and Aldon Smith get going though. The Rams were probably a lot better than the experts had them.
    Yeah Griffen needs to show something too. Itís tough because they are lining him up at a tackle spot because they want Smith on the field too. So idk if we will see big sack numbers from him this year because Iím not sure how much he has worked inside during his career as opposed to being an edge rusher

Quote Originally Posted by Mamba42 View Post
    Yeah Griffen needs to show something too. Itís tough because they are lining him up at a tackle spot because they want Smith on the field too. So idk if we will see big sack numbers from him this year because Iím not sure how much he has worked inside during his career as opposed to being an edge rusher
    I feel like Gerald McCoy would have really rounded out this line. I'm intrigued at how the line looks when Randy Gregory comes back. That first game was almost like a preseason game...all these guys getting used to game speed.

Looks like we could be facing some more injuries potentially. Tyron Smith and Amari Cooper both popped up on the injury report yesterday.

I'd trade Cooper and go with Gallup and Lamb moving forward. Hopefully you could get a 1st round pick back. Same with Smith, trade him now and you might be able to get a 1st back. Move Collins to LT and Williams to RT with McGovern on LG.

Quote Originally Posted by lbz88 View Post
    I'd trade Cooper and go with Gallup and Lamb moving forward. Hopefully you could get a 1st round pick back. Same with Smith, trade him now and you might be able to get a 1st back. Move Collins to LT and Williams to RT with McGovern on LG.
    I donít think we can trade Smith really, weíve restructured his contract so much I canít imagine what the cap ramifications would be

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast