Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Does Doc Rivers deserve to be fired?

7 years and failed with some loaded lob city teams and lost while up 3-1 with a heavily favored team this year. Discuss.
    2015/2017 Superbowl Champs

nba cant do it... steven A would go on a racist rant

YES. UP 3-1 and leading by as much as 16 in game 6 I believe.

Quote Originally Posted by More-Than-Most View Post
    nba cant do it... steven A would go on a racist rant
    lol,been using the same joke with my friends.

As for the topic, IDK if Doc is to blame nor do I know who available would be an upgrade on him. Im ok bringing him back now that Im not exhaling fire but man Im starting to believe the reports of him being overrated. I think he might still be a good coach so theres no point in getting rid of him until we find out what becomes of this team after year 2 of the Kawhi contract.

They always find a way to choke in the second round of the playoffs. It'd be nice for a basketball team in LA not named the Lakers to finally win it all.

Future Hall of Shamers:
    (1) B.A.L.C.O. Barroids (2) Mark McJuicer (3) Jose Chem-seco (4) Rafael Palmeiroids (5) Ken Chem-initi (6) Jason Gi-andro (7) Ryan Fraud (8) Muscle Melk (9) Woman-Ram (10) Shammy Sosa (11) Roger Clear-mens (12) A-Roid (13) Ryan HGHoward

Bring back Vinny Del Negro!

Quote Originally Posted by Celticsfan2007 View Post
    7 years and failed with some loaded lob city teams and lost while up 3-1 with a heavily favored team this year. Discuss.
    Stigma on Kawhi's Legacy, and the continuing curse of Pandemic P!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Chronz View Post
    lol,been using the same joke with my friends.

As for the topic, IDK if Doc is to blame nor do I know who available would be an upgrade on him. Im ok bringing him back now that Im not exhaling fire but man Im starting to believe the reports of him being overrated. I think he might still be a good coach so theres no point in getting rid of him until we find out what becomes of this team after year 2 of the Kawhi contract.
    Atkinson, Dantoni, Donovan all available. All better.

He was always overrated. Even in Boston.

Probably the most overrated coach in the league. I think Donovan would be a good fit for them and an upgrade over Doc.

Maybe Billups? He's been working for them in commentary and is a candidate at least in Indiana. He also looks smart, unlike Doc and Lue, who always have this clueless face expression when they are losing.
    Last edited by Bongashow; 09-16-2020 at 05:18 AM.

Does Doc Rivers deserve to be fired?

Absolutely.

That being said they started a funky lineup and the roster construction was always a little strange to me.

They’ve got to find away to get someone at the PG/SG that can do a little of both. As good as PBev is defensively he’s a liability on offense, but the issue is that Lou Will and Shamet are the opposite of that.

They played PG/Kawhi/Morris in the most clunky fit of the 2-4 they could.

Docs rotations seemed arbitrary at best. They relied on iso ball of LouWill, Kawhi, or PG to start something and get other people going. There was little movement in their offense. And that’s been a Doc Rivers specially everywhere he’s been.

I know there’s no salary way to make this work but the best “fit” this team could have is:
    Dragic
    Redick
    PG13
    Kawhi
    Horford

They shouldn’t be going MDA swing to offense, but they need a coach with an offensive focus since this team has 3-4 good defenders returning next year. Maybe Billy Donovan should be a target of theirs.
    Last edited by warfelg; 09-16-2020 at 07:44 AM.

No. He should stay there and keep losing. Suck it Glenn.

I like some of the players but I suspect that roster will look very different next year.

Hire Mark Jackson

Quote Originally Posted by Tg11 View Post
    Hire Mark Jackson
    So that he can preach the gospel?

He is a starter up coach for a franchise trying to grow young guys, not one to handle a championship vet roster.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast