Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 6 of 33 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast
    Was against the Trevathan signing at the start for all the reasons that have already been mentioned. He's not someone that was terribly impactful or irreplaceable for this defense, and we had bigger needs. Much like with Graham, would've preferred that money went towards a player who would have been impactful. Although he's had a bad start, I think we'd all rather have Austin Hooper than Graham and Trevathan. Just one example.

Even still, before the COVID stuff (and at the time of the signing), wasn't the rumor that the league was about to see a pretty big uptick on the salary cap? Either or, can't come down too hard on Pace other than to say that I think it was a bad, not terrible signing.

Pace does have a stack of pretty big pile of underwhelming signings on his track record though.
    Last edited by La_bibbers; 09-18-2020 at 03:55 PM.

In a house in a Coldesac in Lake in the Hills, Il
    Quote Originally Posted by KG2TB View Post
    What about KPL?

How is Danny a steal? Letís ignore the fact that he looked absolutely terrible last Sunday. Maybe he bounces back, or maybe heís on the decline. I would have preferred a cheaper and higher upside option
    So Lets for a second look at what all 3 of the options made in FA

KPL got 1 year 3 mil
    Kwit got 3/21 (who we all have worries about being a 3 down LB)

And Danny who got a 3 year 21 mil but has alot of the money Backloaded into years he wont be here. Basically he is due 4-5-6 over the next 3 years.

Maybe Danny Does decline... But This deal bought you time to find his replacement. Whether its Josh Woods... Joel Iggy.... or somebody drafted likely in the mid rounds the next year or 2. Danny can still be a player and an influence for these younger guys.

.................................................. .....

And FWIW What plays are you referring to him looking terrible? The only 2 I can recall is one where he was matched up with a WR runing across his face (have to say who schemed this up for him to be matched up with Marvin Jones).... and Maybe there was another one where I think the TE got a running start in motion. (im honestly not sure this was him in coverage though)

If your refering to the run game? I think this team is going to be hurting vs the run without Goldman. Billal and Jenkins just will not cut it as a 3/4 NT. I mean did Roquan exactly look GREAT EITHER ? Both had 7 tackles 5 solo.... so im unsure why Danny would be getting look at harshly? his age???? his inability to cover a 4.4 WR on a Cross?

‎"If your going to be thinking anyway, you might as well think big"

-Rem Koolhaas

Quote Originally Posted by La_bibbers View Post
    Was against the Trevathan signing at the start for all the reasons that have already been mentioned. He's not someone that was terribly impactful or irreplaceable for this defense, and we had bigger needs. Much like with Graham, would've preferred that money went towards a player who would have been impactful. Although he's had a bad start, I think we'd all rather have Austin Hooper than Graham and Trevathan. Just one example.

Even still, before the COVID stuff (and at the time of the signing), wasn't the rumor that the league was about to see a pretty big uptick on the salary cap? Either or, can't come down too hard on Pace other than to say that I think it was a bad, not terrible signing.

Pace does have a stack of pretty big pile of underwhelming signings on his track record though.
    Cap Was Projected to rise a ton yes.

2021- 210 mil
    2022- 228.5 mil
    2023 241 mil
    2024 256 mil

Thats a 58 mil increase in the next 4-5 years. But now with covid IDK what happens. Obviously next year the floor could be at 175 mil.... 35 mil less than it was projected to be.

‎"If your going to be thinking anyway, you might as well think big"

-Rem Koolhaas

Quote Originally Posted by KG2TB View Post
    What about KPL?

How is Danny a steal? Letís ignore the fact that he looked absolutely terrible last Sunday. Maybe he bounces back, or maybe heís on the decline. I would have preferred a cheaper and higher upside option
    Yup. KPL is who I would have brought back considering the cash. ILB is like S to me... there are solid veterans available every off season at a bargain.

Quote Originally Posted by La_bibbers View Post
    Yes!!!

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Click here to register!

Hope to see some new posters around here soon.

Letís go pass rush

That is great news

ARob is making 15 million this year. Not surprised he's pissed there offer isn't even a raise.

The cap thing is an issue, but I guarantee many teams and the players union wouldn't allow a 35 million drop. The Saints/Eagles probably couldn't even field a full team and Chiefs/Steelers/Falcons would struggle with that. No idea what they're going to do, but there's no way the NFL just drops the cap 35 million.

Quote Originally Posted by ds637 View Post
    ARob is making 15 million this year. Not surprised he's pissed there offer isn't even a raise.

The cap thing is an issue, but I guarantee many teams and the players union wouldn't allow a 35 million drop. The Saints/Eagles probably couldn't even field a full team and Chiefs/Steelers/Falcons would struggle with that. No idea what they're going to do, but there's no way the NFL just drops the cap 35 million.
    I tend to agree but i can understand it from both sides. I fully expect A rob to be back with the bears next year. This hole debate will just go away once he gets paid. i still think its a matter of when not if.

Anyone recall when the Kamara trade rumors came out from the saints. This was not even the case with the bears. Bears have never made any indication they want Robinson gone or dont have him in their future. I think its as simple as cap issues. Hopefully they resolve themselves..... and cap is much higher than the floor. But if it is lower then the bears have lots of issues on who to keep.

Quote Originally Posted by ds637 View Post

You canít guarantee that though. Probably not the worst idea to wait and see if youíre the bears

For those not strong at math - thatís 17M per year - max - on average.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/...844920832?s=19

Enviado desde mi SM-A520F mediante Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Coach100 View Post
    For those not strong at math - thatís 17M per year - max - on average.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    New extension usually sets the bar as far as lowest aav. Probably good for arob, we'll see how that works .

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Click here to register!

Hope to see some new posters around here soon.

Page 6 of 33 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast