Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 33 12311 ... LastLast

Week 2 (Home Opener) : Giants (0-1) @ Bears (1-0) | 12 pm CT | FOX

Last edited by blams; 09-22-2020 at 11:57 AM.

Click here to register!

Hope to see some new posters around here soon.

These are done on my phone so hopefully they translate OK to desktop

Bears on pace for 16-0!

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Click here to register!

Hope to see some new posters around here soon.

Should be able to ride to 2-0 here.

Continue from last thread...
    We're in for a real bad crunch next year if the cap falls that much.

Too much dead money to cut anyone making a lot of money. Hicks and Massie are the only deals we can get out of reasonably, but that's not very likely.

Hicks and Fuller are going to want extensions, and Fuller deserves the raise coming to him.

Kind of stuck on A Rob without some restructures and creative extensions.

In a house in a Coldesac in Lake in the Hills, Il
    I dont expect Robinson to be traded.... But I dont expect Robinson To sign a deal b4 next year either though. The cap space is an issue. His contract being on the books for next year causes serious issues with the futures of other players (Cohen..... Mitch..... Anyone who could be cut due to Cap issues)

I mean seriously if we have real faith in mitch Doesnt resigning Robinson and leaving no cap room for Him seriously signal we are done with Mitch. Not exactly good for confidence or Moral.

I think this team needs to focus on the season. Robinson deserves the money he is demanding.... But the truth is he is going to get that money reguardless of if its the bears this offsesson or not.

You gotta remember last contract he signed a 3 tear 42 mil deal off a torn ACL..... As Long as he is healthy he is getting his money. And even if he gets hurt he is probably still getting paid.

My guess is the bears have laid it out like this.... you want a deal now.... Take what we are offering. If u want top Dollar lets talk about it next year after the roster Shows what it is this year.

And FWIW That Quinn Deal could be killer in getting these guys resigned. Not to mention the fact quinn may not play.... but if we had kept Floyd at least he was another guy off the books next year.... but now we are locked into Quinn and with Cap Potentially going down it could cause real issues.

Would be the last straw for me on Pace if he ****s this up with ARob. Top 10 receivers aren't easy to get and he's produced with a bottom 5 QB.

He absolutely deserves to get paid.

Robinson is a great player and deserves to be paid, but not knowing what the cap will be next year really hurts the Bears in this negotiation. Don't forget, if they trade Robinson, and get two firsts, or a first and second they get two high draft players plus the player they sign with the cap they save not paying Robinson.

I would place re-signing him over re-signing Trubisky, unless Trubisky puts up an ALLSTAR season, you could always re-sign him way easier than Robinson as free agents. We could conceivably draft a QB and a high draft receiver with those picks if we trade Robinson, rather than lose him.
    Last edited by infinity2152; 09-15-2020 at 09:37 PM.

Week 2 (Home Opener) : Giants (0-1) @ Bears (1-0) | 12 pm CT | FOX

Timing is everything in life. A Rob is a free agent the same year the cap is going down. He wants to be paid like a top 5 WR, which I think heís more like top 10, but the problem is with the cap going down, itís just not gonna happen. Itís bad timing, and I canít fault pace for waiting and seeing what the climate is next year. They obviously want him back and think highly of him. Honestly donít get all the resentment against pace and the bears for this.

Robinson and his agent pulling out all the stops to ensure Robinson gets paid now. Thatís the business and I canít really fault them...but at the end of the day, it is what it is. Hopefully this wonít be a distraction and Robinson balls out. One of my favorite bears

Love Robinson, but it's a business. Realistically, if the cap drops there will be less money for free agents, and a whole lot of teams will be making tough decisions like this. Players better realize the money they're turning down now may be less they get in free agency.

And let's be honest, A-rob is not top 5. You got Michael thomas, Hopkins, Julio Jones, Beckham, Mike Evans, Keenan Allen, Amari Cooper, Davamte adams, maybe Chris Godwin, maybe Courtland Sutton, he's younger and 6'4, Tyreek Hill. If you can get two firsts for a receiver who's looking for top dollar, you have to do it. Lots of receivers out there, waiting to break out if given the shot.
    Last edited by infinity2152; 09-15-2020 at 09:51 PM.

Trading Robinson to have enough money to possibly sign Trubisky for 25 mil a year? Is this serious? Extending Trubisky for even more years, more money guaranteed is a death sentence. Even if he were to have a decent season by his standards you canít trust him enough to lock him up long term. Go through this nonsense for 4 more years? He would have to be pretty great every week, extremely consistent, to consider it. Itís one of the main reasons I never wanted him on the field this year, for him to show occasional flashes and give Pace a reason to extend his career legacy draft pick.

Page 1 of 33 12311 ... LastLast