Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112
    Quote Originally Posted by Westbrook36 View Post
    I'm extremely tired of the Wide 9 defense at this point -- Fantastic for a season or two and then almost always comes crashing down for any team.

Let's see what we've done on defense the last few years:

A) Make sure we have zero linebackers
    B) No premium pass rusher
    C) Miss on nearly every CB we've drafted

Looks like a recipe for success right there -- We rode older veterans for depth during the Superbowl run and never restocked the team.
    They have NEVER relied on LB's. Ever.

Quote Originally Posted by koldjerky View Post
    I wouldnít doubt that Wentz is in his own head. Last season he helped get a heap of scrubs to the playoffs by game managing and then in a blink of an eye was knocked out of the playoff game. He now wants to re-prove that heís not just a game
    Manager but is taking a lot of risks when the team is injured and hasnít even gelled yet. The dude is hanging his receivers out to dry too.

Add in the Hurts pick and I think Wentz is doing anything and everything to prove heís the guy. I hope itís not his downfall because I still think Wentz can be the 2017 for his career.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Wentz has been in his head since nick foles held up the Lombardi trophy. Either that or his knee injury caused him to lose a step

Idk but for 3 seasons now this has been the guy. Sure he was awesome for a 4 game stretch. But thatís a 4 game stretch. He was pretty mediocre for the other 12 games.

Heís an obvious talent but thereís clearly a disconnect between his talent and performance. Heís getting paid 100 million dollars. And you look around the league. Look at kyler Murray. Why is kyler Murray doing more in his second year than Carson in his 5th? He doesnít have an amazing line. He has one stud WR. Keep in mind wentz has a ton of weapons

Look at Goff yesterday who I donít think is as talented as wentz. Mahomes, Jackson. Last season I talked about elevating yourself and the team around you. Joe burrow is doing that as a rookie.

I get concerned when outside of a 4 game stretch the best you can say for wentz is ďwell he didnít lose us the gameĒ or ďheís not the biggest problemĒ

Heís getting paid 100 million dollars and crippling our salary cap. He should be the solution most of the time not just ďnot the biggest issueĒ

It blows my mind how more people donít see this. For north of 100 million you better be the solution. It better look like when the eagles lose you did everything you could. Not an ok performance thatís solid for a top 20 QB

Heís not all of the problems, he may not even be the biggest but thatís the best I can say and thatís my concern

Quote Originally Posted by Westbrook36 View Post
    I'm extremely tired of the Wide 9 defense at this point -- Fantastic for a season or two and then almost always comes crashing down for any team.

Let's see what we've done on defense the last few years:

A) Make sure we have zero linebackers
    B) No premium pass rusher
    C) Miss on nearly every CB we've drafted

Looks like a recipe for success right there -- We rode older veterans for depth during the Superbowl run and never restocked the team.
    So some of this I actually have to defend the eagles. Itís not a great defense but I have to. They did try for premium rushers. Javon hargrave. He fits their philosophy of getting it up the middle. He just got hurt and isnít back into shape yet

Also with linebacker they drafted 2 this past draft. Including a 3rd rounder. Well have to see if they hit LOL

and CB ya thereís not defending that. Horrible at drafting corner

I think last two games out of wentz have been the worst I have seen Wentz play. That's kinda OK with me because I have also seen amazing out of him and for the majority of his career I have seen more amazing compared to the bad.

I think he will rebound. He is better than what we saw last two games.

These arenít new issues for Carson wentz. Accuracy and decision making have been running themes outside of the one season where the eagles took the league by storm with RPO. People forget that the eagles ran RPO better than anyone. Carson had quick reads, RPO and throw

So his one legitimately great season was in the midst of something that had taken the league by storm. Not talking talent talking performance

Nick foles came in and tossed what like 700 yards in 2 games once comfortable in 2017.

Now that wentz is being asked to QB heís been ok. He was mediocre in 2018 but coming off injury. He was a middle of the bunch QB for 75% of 2019 until he turned into an top tier guy for 4 weeks.

And people can bring up stats, but those mean nothing to me. Throwing TDs against bad teams is what dak does. And I donít think he has half Carsonís talent.

When does Carson step up against the leagues elite? When does he give us 300+ yards of game saving QB play. Itís the eye test

I can watch kyler Murray in year 1 and 2 and be like ya that guys better than wentz right now already. And sure he has deandre and an ok offensive line at best that he makes work with his legs

Lamar, mahomes, Wilson. Wentz isnít even sniffing those guys since what 2017? 3 years ago? The last 3 years you can say wentz has fallen into playing like dak. Well I wouldnít pay dak 100+ million. Wentz is more talented. But so what? Plenty more talented than brees or Brady. Being an elite QB isnít about beating up lesser opponents. Itís about elevating your offense in important games. Itís about making all of your WRs better. Itís about having your team in the best position to win.

Nobody is saying wentz is bad. Heís played horribly the last two games but I donít think heís a bad qb at all. What Iím saying is the guys taking up half the goddamn salary cap lol. If youíre going to do that, you better damn well be nothing short of elite. You better be in the conversation for best QB in the nfl. Wentz isnít. Hasnít been since 2017. Anyone who says theyíd pay wentz as much as we are for how heís performed 2018-2020 is lying. Because if wentz was doing this on the Cowboys people on here would be saying ďI hope Dallas pays him and theyíre stuck with wentzĒ

I know that because most of you are saying that with dak whoís basically doing the same stuff

Quote Originally Posted by last stand View Post
    So some of this I actually have to defend the eagles. Itís not a great defense but I have to. They did try for premium rushers. Javon hargrave. He fits their philosophy of getting it up the middle. He just got hurt and isnít back into shape yet

Also with linebacker they drafted 2 this past draft. Including a 3rd rounder. Well have to see if they hit LOL

and CB ya thereís not defending that. Horrible at drafting corner
    I think adding Javon Hargrave was a nice step in that direction, but it's not enough when you look at the big picture of the roster. We have one pass rusher in Brandon Graham on the outside and after that nobody scares me sent on the blitz. We lost our hybrid sub package LB/S in Malcom Jenkins who was used in the box and to bring pressure quite a bit last year.

It's nice they finally drafted one..but we have a bottom of the barrel LB starting group with little depth. I really didn't mind the Duke Riley trade as a flyer, but he's starting with UDFA T.J Edwards and converted safety Nathan Gerry? Yikes..

I still think we have a shot to turn it around in this division, but the sad reality is we have a team up against the cap that needs to inject some serious youth + talent onto the roster.

I think moving forward weíre gonna have to start unloading people. Obviously Ertz is up there, malik Jackson is up there. That will help big time. I think unfortunately we have to cut bait with brooks who I love but heís just not dependable

Do that and youíre headed in the right direction cap wise

Draft wise thereís a ton of work to do. Iíll say with Carsonís recent struggles Iím glad we drafted hurts. Not saying to start him. But itís quite the contingency plan

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112