Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Kobe1016 View Post
    Washington
    Rams
    Bengals
    49ers
    Steelers
    Ravens

The Bengals game is 50-50 based on how the Eagles have played thus far. This team could possibly be 0-6. Yikes
    Honestly if they lose to the bengals Iíd prefer that. Would give the eagles the balls to move on from Doug and Carson which at 0-3 with 2 of those being the redskins and bengals Iíd be ok with

Iím sorry but Carson wentz ****in sucked today. Missing throws all over the field

With the cap situation next season I just don't see any improvement. This team may regressed.
    May?

Will absolutely regress unless fundamental changes are made

If you take the emotion out of it. Doug and Carson despite 2017 should both be looked at critically

Washington
    Rams
    Bengals
    49ers
    Steelers
    Ravens

The Bengals game is 50-50 based on how the Eagles have played thus far. This team could possibly be 0-6. Yikes
    I can see us going 1-5 (bengals) or 2-4 (bengals and Steelers) best case.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Worst part of next year is if howie roseman still drafts for us. Heís so bad at drafting.

Critical questions need to be asked about this team. Our coaching has been terrible, Carson Wentz has been awful, the defense has underachieved, and we're in awful territory for the future.

Do we need to move on from Doug, the more I watch the team the more and more it looks like Frank Reich key for our success. I question Doug's ability to draw up an effective game plan and motivate the team. I'm also curious if there's too many cooks in the kitchen for the offense.

Is Carson Wentz someone who we want around long term? He had a heck of a 2017 season and has a ton of talent, but the fumbles and decision making are a huge problem. I'm also not seeing any progression in his game, he's making the same mistakes that he was making his rookie season. I think a big part of that is the coaching's refusal to provide feedback and coach him, it seems like they treat him as if he's above criticism and that is horrible for him.

Do we need to trade Zach Ertz? Our team is in a really bad spot cap wise and Dallas Goedert has all the ability to be a top 5 TE in the league. I also don't think Goedert wants to be a TE2 or a 1B either for the majority of his career. Ertz has been tremendous and is nothing short of a great teammate, but he is 29 inching towards 30 so it's worth asking the question.

Is Fletcher Cox someone we should move on from? He's been great for us for a long time, but he definitely does not seem like the same game breaker that he was in the past and his contract is killing us.

Do we need to switch up coordinators to someone who puts value into the LB position? The fact we refuse to address this year after year and have the same shortcomings is a problem as well. Elite defenses have great play from the linebacker position, not an inability to read offenses and an inability to make plays.

Do we trust Howie to be the main guy managing the draft? I see everywhere that the Eagles have the least amount of talent among players under 25 years old, and that is because of wasted draft picks, and an inability to develop the players.

These are all questions that need to be looked at if we're going to evaluate the team now and going forward. I'm not saying that we need to make all or even any moves from my questions earlier, they're just questions that I've pondered and I'm sure are being asked elsewhere as well. Sorry for the novel

Our offensive play calling has zero creativity.

Blame 11 all you want, and he deserves some, but get him using his legs for the love of god.

Quote Originally Posted by BDawk4Prez View Post
    Our offensive play calling has zero creativity.

Blame 11 all you want, and he deserves some, but get him using his legs for the love of god.
    Doug does deserve blame for sure but Carson missed a lot of throws too. The interception that was intended for JJAW killed any momentum they had. Thatís very un Carson wentz like, he almost never turns it over in the red zone.

Week 2 2020 Rams @ Eagles

Iíd say the first game was more on Doug and the second game was more on wentz (and the defense)

I wouldnít doubt that Wentz is in his own head. Last season he helped get a heap of scrubs to the playoffs by game managing and then in a blink of an eye was knocked out of the playoff game. He now wants to re-prove that heís not just a game
    Manager but is taking a lot of risks when the team is injured and hasnít even gelled yet. The dude is hanging his receivers out to dry too.

Add in the Hurts pick and I think Wentz is doing anything and everything to prove heís the guy. I hope itís not his downfall because I still think Wentz can be the 2017 for his career.

Quote Originally Posted by Jack of Blades View Post
    I don't consider Brand New indie. I consider them ****ing awesome and don't belong to a genre.

Also want something done with this defense. I donít know if itís looks or what but they are always getting burnt for big plays and always giving up pivotal conversions.

I don't consider Brand New indie. I consider them ****ing awesome and don't belong to a genre.

Wentz said "Don't panic. We'll be O.K". It would help if he would stop throwing interceptions.

Yesterday, the announcer said that the Eagles were flat. I've been saying that for years now. At the beginning of the seasons, they don't play like they give a crap. Then when they are on the verge of elimination, THEN they play like they give a damn.
    They started out great against Washington, had the interception, and then they lost it - and lost the game.
    Yesterday, they started out poorly, playing with little emotion, got it going for awhile, were on the verge of taking the lead and possibly winning the game, and then came the interception in the end zone - and then they quit.
    I would like to believe that they have enough talent - just WAKE UP - and care about winning. I guess that's also Pederson's fault.

Quote Originally Posted by John S View Post
    Wentz said "Don't panic. We'll be O.K". It would help if he would stop throwing interceptions.

Yesterday, the announcer said that the Eagles were flat. I've been saying that for years now. At the beginning of the seasons, they don't play like they give a crap. Then when they are on the verge of elimination, THEN they play like they give a damn.
    They started out great against Washington, had the interception, and then they lost it - and lost the game.
    Yesterday, they started out poorly, playing with little emotion, got it going for awhile, were on the verge of taking the lead and possibly winning the game, and then came the interception in the end zone - and then they quit.
    I would like to believe that they have enough talent - just WAKE UP - and care about winning. I guess that's also Pederson's fault.
    Youíve also been saying theyíve needed WR for years. Guess what they have and theyíre still flat?

Quote Originally Posted by koldjerky View Post
    Also want something done with this defense. I donít know if itís looks or what but they are always getting burnt for big plays and always giving up pivotal conversions.

I'm extremely tired of the Wide 9 defense at this point -- Fantastic for a season or two and then almost always comes crashing down for any team.

Let's see what we've done on defense the last few years:

A) Make sure we have zero linebackers
    B) No premium pass rusher
    C) Miss on nearly every CB we've drafted

Looks like a recipe for success right there -- We rode older veterans for depth during the Superbowl run and never restocked the team.

Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast