Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Washington Football Team vs. Philadelphia Eagles 9/13/2020

Well that did not go as expected....down double digits early, saw a bunch of dumb penalties (Landon Collins getting a Personal Foul 10 yards out of bounds), and I found myself saying "here we are again." With a terrible offensive performance in the first half, the Football Team seemed to find somewhat of a formula in the second half. Play solid defense, don't turn the ball over, and manage the game. The only thing they seemed to do extremely well was rush the passer, they did a pretty good job against the run, but the Football Team found a way to win. Something we haven't seen much of over the last few decades.

I know this was just the start of the season and we were playing a pretty banged up Eagles team, but it was nice to see the guys not roll over for once.

Quote Originally Posted by cheddar08 View Post
    Well that did not go as expected....down double digits early, saw a bunch of dumb penalties (Landon Collins getting a Personal Foul 10 yards out of bounds), and I found myself saying "here we are again." With a terrible offensive performance in the first half, the Football Team seemed to find somewhat of a formula in the second half. Play solid defense, don't turn the ball over, and manage the game. The only thing they seemed to do extremely well was rush the passer, they did a pretty good job against the run, but the Football Team found a way to win. Something we haven't seen much of over the last few decades.

I know this was just the start of the season and we were playing a pretty banged up Eagles team, but it was nice to see the guys not roll over for once.
    In the first quarter I thought "New name same team", but I was really pleased with the resilience the team showed. I think this team lacks talent outside of the d-line (with the exception of afew players), but I'm happy that they play hard and I'm on the Riverboat bandwagon.