• Heat in 6

4 36.36%
  • Heat in 7

1 9.09%
Page 45 of 60 FirstFirst ... 35434445464755 ... LastLast
    Everyone needs to stop sleeping on Brown

Quote Originally Posted by Bostonjorge View Post
    He will always be overshadowed by Tatum. Tarantino erupted in the third but I think Brown/Kembaís energy and aggressiveness defensively launched that onslaught in the 3rd. Brown has been very good this series.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Bostonjorge View Post
    When he came in the league he looked like good defender and solid energy guy but not a highly skilled wing. Kind of like a Jae Crowder but smaller and quicker. I think the energy player label has stuck with him but he is more then that

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

2020 Eastern Conference Finals: (3) Boston Celtics vs (5) Miami Heat

Quote Originally Posted by blams View Post
    I'm going by he was first team all defense last year. I mean, even if you give Jimmy that its still a pretty rough comparison

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk
    No its not. Jimmy is a better defender, passer, mover, leader, and I think finisher in the paint. PG is a better shooter. Itís a big part of the game but if he isnít consistently hitting lots of Js heís just not better.

Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    No its not. Jimmy is a better defender, passer, mover, leader, and I think finisher in the paint. PG is a better shooter. Itís a big part of the game but if he isnít consistently hitting lots of Js heís just not better.

If any other "top 10ish" player was scoring as few points as Jimmy he would be criticized to no end.

PG was top 3 in MVP last year. Haven't seen Butler get there before, and PG was pretty hurt this season.

Yes, Jimmy is a better leader it seems. He hasn't finished first team all defense either.

Jimmy clearly had a better year this year but I'm just not seeing it.

Click here to register!

Hope to see some new posters around here soon.

If any other "top 10ish" player was scoring as few points as Jimmy he would be criticized to no end.

PG was top 3 in MVP last year. Haven't seen Butler get there before, and PG was pretty hurt this season.

Yes, Jimmy is a better leader it seems.
    This.

People want to consider Butler as a superstar but he doesnít get any criticism. He should be getting considerable criticism for his production but I guess maybe itís is consequence of Miami super over achieving and media taking it easy on them?

The Cs have had some clunkers this series and talk radio topics this week were basically ďIs Jayson Tatum really that guyĒ or ďIs it time for the Cs to blow it up?Ē talk. Butler would be getting crucified in Boston if he averaged like 15 ppg in a conference final.

Quote Originally Posted by PAOboston View Post
    This.

People want to consider Butler as a superstar but he doesnít get any criticism. He should be getting considerable criticism for his production but I guess maybe itís is consequence of Miami super over achieving and media taking it easy on them?

The Cs have had some clunkers this series and talk radio topics this week were basically ďIs Jayson Tatum really that guyĒ or ďIs it time for the Cs to blow it up?Ē talk. Butler would be getting crucified in Boston if he averaged like 15 ppg in a conference final.

Of course it is bc the Heat are winning. They are one game away from the NBA finals and have gotten there playing a style that is dependent more on team play then we normally see at this point or on this level period. Jimmy has been a big part of this and has stepped up in big spot multiple times.

Last edited by ewing; 09-26-2020 at 05:04 PM.

Yes, Jimmy is a better leader it seems. He hasn't finished first team all defense either.

Jimmy clearly had a better year this year but I'm just not seeing it.
    Maybe if another top 10ish player played Jimmyís floor game and was on a team that was having the kind of success with the Heat are having with fire power they have he understandable wouldnt. Itís not a first time thing either. Jimmy was the primary ball handler, best play maker, clutch guy for the Sixers in the playoffs too. Like I said unless PG unloads on you Butler is just a better player. PG hasnít shown he can do that consistently enough for be to call him better

As for PPG who cares? when Jason Kidd was on the Nets I donít think he scored 15 points a game. You know who he was a lot better then? Jimmy Butler or Paul George

Last edited by ewing; 09-26-2020 at 05:05 PM.

Maybe if another top 10ish player played Jimmyís floor game and was on a team that was having the kind of success with the Heat are having with fire power they have he understandable wouldnt. Itís not a first time thing either. Jimmy was the primary ball handler, best play maker, clutch guy for the Sixers in the playoffs too. Like I said unless PG unloads on you Butler is just a better player. PG hasnít shown he can do that consistently enough for be to call him better

As for PPG who cares? when Jason Kidd was on the Nets I donít think he scored 15 points a game. You know who he was a lot better then? Jimmy Butler or Paul George

Career wise sure, he's a hall of famer. Has kidd ever finished top 3 in mvp voting? George's peak is still comparable aside from disappointing playoff performances

Click here to register!

Itís a non topic. Sixers never had a shot at him. Ainge was taking Tatum at 1 or 3. He just found a sucker willing to give him an extra pick.

we could have traded for 1 and taken tatum

Quote Originally Posted by beasted86 View Post
    Butler easily. PG has NEVER been a good leader. It's why reports from Clippers players recently make sense. PG is overrated defensively and Butler is way better on that end.

Also just style-wise, Butler is usually attacking and trying to get inside to make passes or get to the line while PG is fine settling for jumpers. Simply put there's 0% chance Miami is where they are now with PG.
    i cant disagree with any of this... pg is offensively more talented but he is also dumber and more selfish to it takes away from being more talented.

Career wise sure, he's a hall of famer. Has kidd ever finished top 3 in mvp voting? George's peak is still comparable aside from disappointing playoff performances

IDK probably. I guess you could compare them. I did compare them. Kidd was better peak or career wise. He also scored a lot less

Last edited by ewing; 09-26-2020 at 07:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by More-Than-Most View Post
    we could have traded for 1 and taken tatum
    Couldnít have. Ainge would not have made the deal if he wasnít certain Philly had committed to Fultz. Ainge would have just taken Tatum at 1. Philly never really had a shot at Tatum.

Couldnít have. Ainge would not have made the deal if he wasnít certain Philly had committed to Fultz. Ainge would have just taken Tatum at 1. Philly never really had a shot at Tatum.

Exactly, Philly traded up to #1 because they wanted Fultz. Ainge was happy to trade down and get an asset because he knew no one had Tatum ranked #1 except for him. Most had Tatum rated below Fultz, Ball, Jackson, and Fox.

Ainge often doesn't make the ideal pick (he usually does well, but often misses THE GUY at the draft spot, like 2013 with Olynyk over Giannis; 2014 Young over Harris/Hood/Capela; and arguably 2016 Brown over Murray), but he nailed 2017 when nobody else saw it.

IDK probably. I guess you could compare them. I did compare them. Kidd was better peak or career wise. He also scored a lot less

I can kinda agree. First team all defense AND top 3 mvp?

Kidd was great though and extremely underrated. While I wish Bron didn't fall back and do nothing during the 2011 nba finals its nice to know Kidd got a ring.

IMAGINE IF he had the ability to knock down open threes earlier in his career

Click here to register!

Page 45 of 60 FirstFirst ... 35434445464755 ... LastLast