1 9.09%
  • Heat in 5

0 0%
  • Heat in 6

4 36.36%
  • Heat in 7

1 9.09%
Page 30 of 60 FirstFirst ... 20282930313240 ... LastLast
    I'm hoping some loud-mouth Boston fan takes that idea that Hayward was the difference maker and rubs it in the face of Jaylen Brown.

This guy was all over the floor defensively and set the tone attacking the basket rather than settling for jumpers which was exactly what Boston needed.

I'll also be the first to go ahead and throw the race factor in there why Hayward is everyone's hero.

Quote Originally Posted by Saddletramp View Post
    Why is there not another game until Wednesday? They have a five day break?
    The break is so the WCF can catch up. It started much later than the ECF.

Also, they didn't want to compete with MNF.

One win is great but Celtics gotta keep their foot on the pedal if they want to come back in this series.

Robinson and Herro have been amazing to watch, They can both shoot the lights out!

Quote Originally Posted by beasted86 View Post
    I'm hoping some loud-mouth Boston fan takes that idea that Hayward was the difference maker and rubs it in the face of Jaylen Brown.

This guy was all over the floor defensively and set the tone attacking the basket rather than settling for jumpers which was exactly what Boston needed.

I'll also be the first to go ahead and throw the race factor in there why Hayward is everyone's hero.
    I donít think anyone is taking it that far bro.

We are more happy heís back and playing better minutes than Wannamaker/Semi gives us.

Last edited by NBA all the way; 09-20-2020 at 05:34 PM.

Youíre not wrong. Hayward was a +1 and the Celtics had a 107 DRTG with him on the court 100 DRTG with him off.

The ready we lost this game was due to missing way too many wide open shots which is very uncharacteristic of us but everyone is due a bad shooting night here and there. I can post the numbers to defend this if needed.

I agree on the race thing as well, canít give credit to the black man when the white all star returned and they got a win.
    <a href=https://images.app.goo.gl/RaiMUpUeDMoeqDZt7 target=_blank>https://images.app.goo.gl/RaiMUpUeDMoeqDZt7</a>

8/24/2

And Iím not saying any of you in particular are racist but we all know Boston has a ton of racist fans so then you all see the Hayward narrative everywhere and believe it to be true. Not your fault.
    <a href=https://images.app.goo.gl/RaiMUpUeDMoeqDZt7 target=_blank>https://images.app.goo.gl/RaiMUpUeDMoeqDZt7</a>

8/24/2

Quote Originally Posted by Iggie View Post
    And Iím not saying any of you in particular are racist but we all know Boston has a ton of racist fans so then you all see the Hayward narrative everywhere and believe it to be true. Not your fault.
    Exactly.

Or maybe the guy has legit the worst breaks since singing with the team and we aren't ****ing Neanderthals and just see any good from him as a Hey good for this guy he's had it rough glad to see him catch a break.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
    One More Time

Quote Originally Posted by Lil Rhody View Post
    Or maybe the guy has legit the worst breaks since singing with the team and we aren't ****ing Neanderthals and just see any good from him as a Hey good for this guy he's had it rough glad to see him catch a break.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
    And thatís great, but he wasnít the difference last game and thatís the narrative being pushed.

8/24/2

Quote Originally Posted by Iggie View Post
    And thatís great, but he wasnít the difference last game and thatís the narrative being pushed.
    The Celtics are better with Hayward healthy and playing. The stats back it up. Heís probably like 75% right now but a 75% Hayward is better than playing Wanamaker/Ojeleye/etc. Iím not sure why that is so hard to understand. That alone is a massive win for the Cs from a gameplan/matchup perspective.

He had an impact on matchups and how the Cs played last game. Itís legit a fact. Maybe his production in raw numbers wasnít there but the Cs happened to obliterate the Heat zone defense in game three and the Cs scores like 60 pts in the paint as well. Was he the only reason? No. But he had a role in their success.

Hayward is a good player. The Cs were better with him on the court because heís a good player and people are rooting for him because heís had some tough breaks (literally). The narrative that Bostonians are rooting for him just because he is white is a tiresome false narrative. They root for him because heís a good player. If anything, he doesnít get enough credit. There was a faction of fans/media legitimately pushing the ďAre the Cs better without HaywardĒ narrative recently.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I like Hay bc he is white and American. If he was European or even Canadian I wouldnít care

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

Quote Originally Posted by CELTICS4LYFE View Post
    I donít think anyone is taking it that far bro.

We are more happy heís back and playing better minutes than Wannamaker/Semi gives us.
    While I've heard a good amount of this sentiment, I've also hard just as much, 'the reason Boston won was because of Hayward'. Look in this thread I've basically heard no praise for Brown last game but tons of posts about Hayward.

the main reason that Boston won game 3 is that when they took their big lead and a few things didn't go their way during Miami's comeback attempt, Tatum and Brown didn't mentally fall apart this time and the team continued to attack the rim instead of settle for 3s all night. Having Hayward in there helped simply because he is a very good defender and offensive decision-maker, but the main thing that was different was the players didn't allow themselves to start *****ing and moaning and continued to fight.

While I've heard a good amount of this sentiment, I've also hard just as much, 'the reason Boston won was because of Hayward'. Look in this thread I've basically heard no praise for Brown last game but tons of posts about Hayward.
    Obviously thereís a lot of talk about him because it was his first game back and he made a difference.

Iím not going to scroll all the way thru the thread but who said ďthe reason Boston won was because of HaywardĒ ? I havenít personally heard anyone say that or heard it on tv 🤷*♂️

Page 30 of 60 FirstFirst ... 20282930313240 ... LastLast