• Heat in 5

0 0%
  • Heat in 6

4 36.36%
  • Heat in 7

1 9.09%
Page 1 of 60 1231151 ... LastLast

2020 Eastern Conference Finals: (3) Boston Celtics vs (5) Miami Heat

Official Thread of the 2020 Eastern Conference Finals!

Game 1: Heat 117, Celtics 114 (OT)

Game 2: Heat 106, Celtics 101

Game 3: Celtics 117, Heat 106

Game 4: Heat 112, Celtics 109

Game 5: Celtics 121, Heat 108

Game 6: Heat 125, Celtics 113

HEAT WIN SERIES 4-2
    Last edited by LaVar Ball; 09-27-2020 at 10:02 PM.

I'm going Celtics in 7 but nothing would shock me here including one team just dominating the series. I think the Heat will have trouble with Kemba and I think Brad Stevens will have a plan to limit Bam. Butler will be up and down all series. That's just my gut. Either way can't watch. Love both teams and love that it is a 3 v 5. I did not see that coming.

Kristaps Porzingis
    Stronger than most 15 year old girls.

I think both of these teams play tough, rugged defense. Open shots will be tough to come by. Like in the TOR series, I think Boston has better overall ability to hit those tough shots so Iím hoping thatís the difference. But Miami does such a great job of getting open shots that itís not impossible they do it even against tough defense. But with how switchable, long and gritty Boston is on defense Iím hoping they manage well.

NE Patriots Forum HOF (Class of 2011)

Iím going Heat in 6, the more I think about it the more I think we play a lot of zone. Well obviously switch back and forth from man to zone but the Celtics are struggling to score against zone defenses in the playoffs right now. Only scoring 0.77 PPP on 130 possessions.

Like others have said I think this is going to be a tough grind it out series with potential to be one of the best of these playoffs.

Quote Originally Posted by Iggie View Post
    Iím going Heat in 6, the more I think about it the more I think we play a lot of zone. Well obviously switch back and forth from man to zone but the Celtics are struggling to score against zone defenses in the playoffs right now. Only scoring 0.77 PPP on 130 possessions.

Like others have said I think this is going to be a tough grind it out series with potential to be one of the best of these playoffs.
    Kemba / Tatum / Brown are all really good shooters. If you let them swing the ball for open shots and get some easy 3's to go down early that could be trouble...

Kristaps Porzingis
    Stronger than most 15 year old girls.

Quote Originally Posted by KnicksorBust View Post
    Kemba / Tatum / Brown are all really good shooters. If you let them swing the ball for open shots and get some easy 3's to go down early that could be trouble...
    Yea definitely could be but so far in the playoffs that hasnít been the case. Iíd imagine we go man 75% of the time and throw the zone out there for certain stretches and for certain situations to throw them off.

Why I threw it out in the other thread.

Raptors got back in that series, the 2nd half of game 3 by going heavy zone.

Celtics finally adjusted to it game 5.

I said this in the other thread but, Bam has to dominate his matchup and have a big series if we want to win imo. Thereís not a soul on the Celtics that can guard him imo, heís just too big fast and strong. He needs to put his head down and attack and heís a good enough passer that he can kick it when they collapse.

I need attack mode Jimmy, we canít have an 8 FGA game against them like the Bucks.

Dragic and Kemba wonít be able to guard each other so I think Dragic has the potential to cancel that matchup out. Kemba is a more explosive scorer but Iím hoping his struggles from 3 in the playoffs continue and Dragics efficient scoring can as well. If he can do that and Bam can dominate his matchup I think we can pull it off, I have faith that Jimmy will show up.

Boston fans, who do you think will be guarding our starting 5 out of your starters?

This should go 7. I really dont know who is gonna win but I guess I lean Miami with Bam being a huge x factor. I dont think Boston has anyone to consistently slow him down.

Quote Originally Posted by TheDish87 View Post
    This should go 7. I really dont know who is gonna win but I guess I lean Miami with Bam being a huge x factor. I dont think Boston has anyone to consistently slow him down.
    This is definitely on him. He has to come in with the mindset to attack and dominate. Iím sure Spo has told him this and itís actually what we saw him do the last time we played against them without Jimmy.

I got the Heat and the over tonight

Really don't know what is going to happen here. But i felt like putting some action on it. for the poll I took the Heat in 7

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

I said this in the other thread but, Bam has to dominate his matchup and have a big series if we want to win imo. Thereís not a soul on the Celtics that can guard him imo, heís just too big fast and strong. He needs to put his head down and attack and heís a good enough passer that he can kick it when they collapse.

I need attack mode Jimmy, we canít have an 8 FGA game against them like the Bucks.

Dragic and Kemba wonít be able to guard each other so I think Dragic has the potential to cancel that matchup out. Kemba is a more explosive scorer but Iím hoping his struggles from 3 in the playoffs continue and Dragics efficient scoring can as well. If he can do that and Bam can dominate his matchup I think we can pull it off, I have faith that Jimmy will show up.

Boston fans, who do you think will be guarding our starting 5 out of your starters?
    I don't think Bam is going to be huge like you think and I would fear Kemba. I do think that the Heat have a very legit shot here. I just like the way they play a little more. I think phyically and talent wise the Celtic have a slight end but I like the Heat sytle and there shooters have balls. Thats always a big plus

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    I don't think Bam is going to be huge like you think and I would fear Kemba. I do think that the Heat have a very legit shot here. I just like the way they play a little more. I think phyically and talent wise the Celtic have a slight end but I like the Heat sytle and there shooters have balls. Thats always a big plus
    Weíll see brother, if heís aggressive like he was last time we played them weíre going to have a really good shot at this.

I would say theyíre definitely more top heavy but weíre deeper, our bench is better. We have 2 of the top 3 guys though. I like our chances and like you said our shooters have balls.

Trust me Iím worried about Kemba lol he drove me nuts in 2016 when we went against him but looking back his numbers werenít even that impressive, I think he may have just went off the last few games. Him and Dragic are planing basically identical in these playoffs Dragic has just been more efficient shooting.

Tatum has shot the best from 3 in the playoffs on high volume but after that we have the next 4 and all are shooting about 40%. We need to stay hot.

Brown on Butler and Smart on Dragic. Kemba will be on Robinson. Theis on Bam. That being said, I do think Cs will probably give Butler different looks and Iíd say both team will switch the heck of of screens this series.

Will be curious to see if Stevens continues with the shortened rotation. Miami has depth but if Stevens runs the starters out for like 38-40 mins, thatís going to cause some mismatch issues for the Heat, especially if/when Hayward comes back (healthy).

I would say Bam vs Theis is an X factor matchup imo. I like Bam but he doesnít strike me as a me first guy. Seems like his first reaction is to help facilitate the get his own shot. Theis is a good defender but not as quick as Bam. Think the Cs switch up and try to put Bam in a situation to create his own shot which is not his strength.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Celtics in 6. Maybe 5. I envision them up 3-1 regardless of who wins tonight. I'm expecting Hayward to be at least serviceable

But we should appreciate brons dominance of the east, giannis can't carry the torch

Page 1 of 60 1231151 ... LastLast