Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Most untradeable contracts

Seeing the news on John Wall; and the concerns it brings up; rank these “untradeable contracts” out there:

Al Horford
    Russell Westbrook
    Andrew Wiggins
    John Wall

Which one would you most like on your team? Which one wouldn’t you like? What team would have to give up the most to move the player?

Horford is easily the best of the bunch for me. If he wasn’t on a team where the GM just has a fetish for tall guys like a college girl he can still contribute to winning at a solid level.

NE Patriots Forum HOF (Class of 2011)

If I had to take on a bad contract I would want Russ on my team but as far as who I wouldn't like it would be Wiggins but as far as what teams would have to give up to get any of these players it would have to be future draft picks and pick swaps but also multiple players going via trade to land specifically Westbrook or even John Wall for that matter

I'd say Wall, Westbrook, Wiggins and Horford would be the order of most untradeable. They all have basically the same amount of time left.

Horford is the cheapest and the most playable on a good team. He has value, he's just an awful fit on that team. That being said, given his age, it's still not an easy move.

I'd put Wiggins next mostly due to salary amount. He's pretty noticeably cheaper than the other 2. It's also pretty biased, but GS has the assets to unload him, so it's not hard seeing him on the move. He's also the youngest of the group and if he were to ever truly buy in to playing defense, he could be an okay rotational peice for a good team. He'd be too expensive, but at least playable.

Wall and Westbrook are really similar deals and ages. The next time we see Wall will basically be the first time in 2 years, so Westbrook almost wins by default cuz of that. Westbrook has also won an mvp recently too. I could see a team like New York willing to take him on to sell tickets. Not sure wall really seeks tickets anymore.

Westbrook on the Knicks I would just love it just so I can see the Knicks misery get even worse

I always loved Westbrook and Wall and the Knicks have a glaring need at PG so probably one of them. Maybe Wall because he is 28 and Westy is 31. That's a big difference for PGs that rely on athleticism. Wall might just be cooked though.

Kristaps Porzingis
    Stronger than most 15 year old girls.

Quote Originally Posted by KnicksorBust View Post
    I always loved Westbrook and Wall and the Knicks have a glaring need at PG so probably one of them. Maybe Wall because he is 28 and Westy is 31. That's a big difference for PGs that rely on athleticism. Wall might just be cooked though.
    Wall was also on video in NYC throwing up gang signs. So there’s that. Also Wall is 30 not 28.

I don’t see concerns for Wall and I don’t think he needed to apologize. He’s been in a gang his whole career and he’s been throwing up gang signs during games his whole career lol. Unless there was more to it I missed.

Out of that group probably Horford for my team though if Kevin Love was listed it would be him.

I’ve been seeing rumors of the amnesty coming back this offseason so I’m curious to see if that happens and where some of these guys land.

Wall is by far the worst contract of the bunch. Dude hasn't played since Christmas of 2018. He relied on athleticism and is now out of his prime and owed $129 million over the next 3 seasons, with a cap drop. Plus doing stupid stuff off the court, I'm good on that.

John Wall or Westbrook on the Knicks...I would laugh at either move because that is the Knicks trying to be relevant

Quote Originally Posted by Tg11 View Post
    John Wall or Westbrook on the Knicks...I would laugh at either move because that is the Knicks trying to be relevant
    The Knicks can't attract free agents and don't draft well.

John at PG and Blake at Center is the only way they can get star power, by trading for it. But they don't even really have the assets to do that.

Quote Originally Posted by NBA all the way View Post
    The Knicks can't attract free agents and don't draft well.

John at PG and Blake at Center is the only way they can get star power, by trading for it. But they don't even really have the assets to do that.
    I actually think they do if the teams that have those guys want to get rid of them.

Blake Griffin is also a bad contract and same with Kevin Love

Quote Originally Posted by warfelg View Post
    I actually think they do if the teams that have those guys want to get rid of them.
    What are the Knicks most attractive assets you think to take on older "stars" on bad deals?

Quote Originally Posted by NBA all the way View Post
    What are the Knicks most attractive assets you think to take on older "stars" on bad deals?
    Depends on what they’re willing to give up but RJ Robinson and Picks. They’d be doing these teams a favor to take these contracts off their hands.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast