Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by McAllen Tx View Post
    So Philly should give up more? How much more would you give up?

I know this trade would be great for you guys but how much would you guys give up?
    It’s should include Matisse and Smith as well.

Horford, Richardson, #21 pick & 2021 1st round pick

FOR

Jrue & Redick

And hope Karma doesn't bite Philly in the arse and Jrue shows up with a broken foot. Could Karma have something to do with Embiid missing his 1st two seasons with a broken foot? Just a thought that just popped into my head.
    So New Orleans gives up a quality back court, lays down on the floor and lets Philly brick some late first-rounders and Horford's bloated contract into their mouths? If I'm New Oreans' GM, I'd accept Horford, Thybulle and Milton for Jrue and JJ. You want a contender, give me your youth.

Edit: I changed my stance on including Horford after considering how short Jrue and JJ's contracts are.
    Last edited by mrblisterdundee; 09-24-2020 at 11:17 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by mrblisterdundee View Post
    So New Orleans gives up a quality back court, lays down on the floor and lets Philly brick some late first-rounders and Horford's bloated contract into their mouths? If I'm New Oreans' GM, I'd accept Horford, Thybulle and Milton for Jrue and JJ. You want a contender, give me your youth.

Edit: I changed my stance on including Horford after considering how short Jrue and JJ's contracts are.
    I surmised elsewhere the Horford isn’t a bad fit with Zion. Yes his contract is bloated but I think we’re in a situation where the public opinion of Horford is much lower than what a FO would think.

Quote Originally Posted by warfelg View Post
    I surmised elsewhere the Horford isn’t a bad fit with Zion. Yes his contract is bloated but I think we’re in a situation where the public opinion of Horford is much lower than what a FO would think.
    Jaxson Hayes is clearly their idea for the future at Center or else they wouldn't have taken him 7 picks after Zion. Why would they trade for a guy at the end of his career who probably wants nothing to do with a rebuilding franchise? Don't try and force fit bad logic that simply doesn't make sense.

Sacramento makes more sense for Horford. Sacramento was clearly interested in him previously when they pursued him last summer. Bogdanovic as a UFA probably doesn't want to stay with the Kings after Divac/Peja left, but a future team having his Bird Rights would be helpful. If they end up hiring D'Antoni he's going to need shooters. How about Horford for the Serbian Sniper straight up via S&T?

PG: Richardson
    SG: Bogdanovic
    SF: Harris
    PF: Simmons
    C:: Embiid

Assuming that Bogdan will be signed for less than $26M you save money, get younger, and get more shooting.

Quote Originally Posted by beasted86 View Post
    Jaxson Hayes is clearly their idea for the future at Center or else they wouldn't have taken him 7 picks after Zion. Why would they trade for a guy at the end of his career who probably wants nothing to do with a rebuilding franchise? Don't try and force fit bad logic that simply doesn't make sense.

Sacramento makes more sense for Horford. Sacramento was clearly interested in him previously when they pursued him last summer. Bogdanovic as a UFA probably doesn't want to stay with the Kings after Divac/Peja left, but a future team having his Bird Rights would be helpful. If they end up hiring D'Antoni he's going to need shooters. How about Horford for the Serbian Sniper straight up via S&T?

PG: Richardson
    SG: Bogdanovic
    SF: Harris
    PF: Simmons
    C:: Embiid

Assuming that Bogdan will be signed for less than $26M you save money, get younger, and get more shooting.
    Rumors around Buddy to the Sixers so maybe it’s buddy instead.
    <a href=https://images.app.goo.gl/RaiMUpUeDMoeqDZt7 target=_blank>https://images.app.goo.gl/RaiMUpUeDMoeqDZt7</a>

8/24/2

Warriors trade Wiggins & #2
    Warriors get Porter & #3

Bulls trade Porter & #4
    Bulls get Batum & #2

Hornets trade Batum & #3
    Hornets get Wiggins & #4

Why for Warriors? Porter hasn't played up to a #3 overall pick but IMO his skill set would be great in GS. A long wing defender that can shoot the 3. They only drop 1 spot in the draft.

Why for the Bulls? This is only if Chicago isn't that high on Porter. Chicago is sitting at #4 when there's 3 players being mentioned as a bit higher then the rest (Edwards, Ball & Wiseman), they get to #2 so they'll have their choice of one of them.

Why for Hornets? They need talent period. As bad as many make Wiggins out to be, he'd probably be the best player on the Hornets. They get him pretty much for free besides just moving down 1 spot in the draft.
    Hard pass. We get an older, injury prone, worse player and down grade picks. Naw.

He's not a bad fit, but he's also not a good one. The Pelicans already have the working man's Al Horford. And Derrick Favors is going to be replaced by Jaxson Hayes. If I'm the Pelicans taking back a bad contract from the 76ers, I'd rather it be Tobias Harris. He's younger, more adaptable — a decent third banana. I initially leaned toward Harris, Matisse Thybulle and Shake Milton but thought that was a little too much youth. Harris, Thybulle and a first-rounder seems fairer.

I get you that NO should get back a better return to take on Horfords contract and lose Jrue. I just didn't want the Philly fans swarming me lol...

Horford, Thybulle, Milton, #21 & 2022 1st (can add a 2nd or 2 if needed)

FOR

Jrue & JJ

I also believe Horfords contract is one of the worst in the league but that's a good return for a non superstar. It's not like Horfords contract is gonna prevent them from signing a star player. Ingram will be the only big contract they will have on their roster besides Horford. Horfords contract comes off the books when Zion and Hayes are up and Ball isn't anywhere near a max player.

Milton can push Ball for the starting spot which should bring out the best in both of them. Same thing with Thybulle & NAW.

Unless NO can get a top pick (very unlikely) for Jrue they should IMO try and get a surplus of assets and hope they can become something.

Keeping Jrue & JJ can most likely help them get into the playoffs but so would a healthy Zion and Ingram.
    "My cow is dead, I don't need your bull"

Horford, Richardson, #21 pick & 2021 1st round pick

FOR

Jrue & Redick

Sign Me Up. I will also add Zhaire Smith

Al Horford, Tobias Harris, John Wall. To add.. James harden bc of 15% increase salary kicker if he’s traded.

He's not a bad fit, but he's also not a good one. The Pelicans already have the working man's Al Horford. And Derrick Favors is going to be replaced by Jaxson Hayes. If I'm the Pelicans taking back a bad contract from the 76ers, I'd rather it be Tobias Harris. He's younger, more adaptable — a decent third banana. I initially leaned toward Harris, Matisse Thybulle and Shake Milton but thought that was a little too much youth. Harris, Thybulle and a first-rounder seems fairer.
    I disagree on Harris being a better fit with Zion due to their tweener statuses. Horford is a better passer, high post player, and can pass along with his ability to shoot.

In the case of Harris/Thybulle/1st for Jrue/JJ the Pels would line up:
    Ball - Thybulle - Harris - Williamson - Hayes?

Yikes. There's no spacing at all in that.

But with Horford/Richardson/Thybulle/1st for Jrue/JJ the Pels could start:
    Ball - Richardson - Thybulle - Williamson - Horford

Spacing wise that's a little bit better.

If we more Harris, the best chances is going to be a team that's middling somewhat, thinks they can get better without much, and has a player on a bigger contrat at a position they don't really need. I think in that case an interesting deal would be Harris/Scott for Rozier/Batum.

Hornets: Graham - Bridges - Harris - Washington - Zeller
    Sixers: Rozier - Richardson - Thybulle - Simmons - Embiid

I disagree on Harris being a better fit with Zion due to their tweener statuses. Horford is a better passer, high post player, and can pass along with his ability to shoot.

In the case of Harris/Thybulle/1st for Jrue/JJ the Pels would line up:
    Ball - Thybulle - Harris - Williamson - Hayes?

Yikes. There's no spacing at all in that.

But with Horford/Richardson/Thybulle/1st for Jrue/JJ the Pels could start:
    Ball - Richardson - Thybulle - Williamson - Horford

Spacing wise that's a little bit better.

If we more Harris, the best chances is going to be a team that's middling somewhat, thinks they can get better without much, and has a player on a bigger contrat at a position they don't really need. I think in that case an interesting deal would be Harris/Scott for Rozier/Batum.

Hornets: Graham - Bridges - Harris - Washington - Zeller
    Sixers: Rozier - Richardson - Thybulle - Simmons - Embiid
    I get your point, but there's a Hoover Dam-sized hole in your argument by leaving out Ingram, who provides the spacing you lament the lack of. And you're underestimating how washed Horford is.
    If I trade for Harris, I'm going with a small-ball lineup and trying to get D'Antoni. Start Milton, Thybulle, Ingram Harris and Zion. Have Lonzo, Hart, Nickeil, Melli and Hayes off the bench. You could also start Hayes, make Harris the sixth man and let him close games in a small-ball lineup.
    I could also accept Horford, Thybulle and Milton for Jrue and JJ. He could play some reserve center minutes, but I'm certainly not starting him over Hayes. There's also a logic to keeping Harris out of what is already a logjam of wings.

I get your point, but there's a Hoover Dam-sized hole in your argument by leaving out Ingram, who provides the spacing you lament the lack of. And you're underestimating how washed Horford is.
    If I trade for Harris, I'm going with a small-ball lineup and trying to get D'Antoni. Start Milton, Thybulle, Ingram Harris and Zion. Have Lonzo, Hart, Nickeil, Melli and Hayes off the bench. You could also start Hayes, make Harris the sixth man and let him close games in a small-ball lineup.
    I could also accept Horford, Thybulle and Milton for Jrue and JJ. He could play some reserve center minutes, but I'm certainly not starting him over Hayes. There's also a logic to keeping Harris out of what is already a logjam of wings.
    I think you're overstating the Horford thing. He's a horrific fit with Simmons and Embiid because they do all the things he does.

Even that lineup I wouldn't love if I'm NOP. Zion looks to be injury prone already and you are asking him to take a pounding in the paint regularly? And with BI being a RFA soon who are you paying a max to bring off the bench?

As for the trying to get MDA.....sounds like he's gonna be the Sixers HC. Embiid at least has told the franchise he's good with it. I think Simmons has as well.

I think you're overstating the Horford thing. He's a horrific fit with Simmons and Embiid because they do all the things he does.

Even that lineup I wouldn't love if I'm NOP. Zion looks to be injury prone already and you are asking him to take a pounding in the paint regularly? And with BI being a RFA soon who are you paying a max to bring off the bench?

As for the trying to get MDA.....sounds like he's gonna be the Sixers HC. Embiid at least has told the franchise he's good with it. I think Simmons has as well.
    I wouldn't play Zion full-time at center, but in certain situations, it could be a real advantage with their size and ball-handling. It'd definitely be Harris coming off the bench, feasting on second units. But I could see that small-ball lineup closing out games.
    Ultimately, I'd be cool with Horford, Thybulle and Milton for Jrue and JJ. Whatever way to lock up that back court. And Horford's contract expires just as Zion, Thybulle, Milton and Hayes need to get paid.

I wouldn't play Zion full-time at center, but in certain situations, it could be a real advantage with their size and ball-handling. It'd definitely be Harris coming off the bench, feasting on second units. But I could see that small-ball lineup closing out games.
    Ultimately, I'd be cool with Horford, Thybulle and Milton for Jrue and JJ. Whatever way to lock up that back court. And Horford's contract expires just as Zion, Thybulle, Milton and Hayes need to get paid.
    I think if you're paying that much to someone you would want to start them. Maybe they could S&T Ingram for another guard then.

While Zion has a lot of good going on, he is only 6'6". I haven't really seen the Green like ability to play 5 defensively and think it would be a lot to ask of Zion.

If they really wanted to they could also cut out of Horfords contract 1 year early with $14mil in dead money. I'll be honest I think part of the reason Horford's contract isn't as bad as people make it out to be is that out in his contract could be valuable to a potential repeat tax payer that needs to cut about $10 mil off their total.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast