Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast
    It doesn't matter who we have at HC, they canít make this offense work with these garbage pieces.

Quote Originally Posted by YoungStuna View Post
    It doesn't matter who we have at HC, they canít make this offense work with these garbage pieces.
    It doesn't help that your coach doesn't make in game adjustments and basically waves the white flag on certain downs and game scores. This man actually said when the score was 24-3 and they went for a field goal on 4th and 7 that they didn't have a play they thought could them the first down.

Sure, the offense has minimal weapons but Adam Gase is an awful HC.

Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    It doesn't help that your coach doesn't make in game adjustments and basically waves the white flag on certain downs and game scores. This man actually said when the score was 24-3 and they went for a field goal on 4th and 7 that they didn't have a play they thought could them the first down.

Precisely.

A HC alone is not the answer but a skilled HC would at make the team competitive strategically.
    Offensively, the team has no direction.

Team needs a total rebuild. They are so devoid of talent and depth, and have will not likely be consistently competitive for years still.

The FG was a safe call, but this team just doesnít have the talent to be going for it on 4th down early in the game.

The FG was a safe call, but this team just doesnít have the talent to be going for it on 4th down early in the game.
    Agreed but this team also doesn't have the talent to always play it safe.

We've played it so safe, that we don't even attempt a deep ball to keep the DBs honest.

What could be safer than running the ball up the middle, over and over and over and over again.
    What could be safer than leading the league in running the ball on 2nd and long situations.

I think we could all accept a loss if we took the risk of winning.
    Playing safe is fine when your winning, but hard to accept when the team is desperate for a spark.

Something has to give.

Quote Originally Posted by MrX27 View Post
    Agreed but this team also doesn't have the talent to always play it safe.

We've played it so safe, that we don't even attempt a deep ball to keep the DBs honest.

What could be safer than running the ball up the middle, over and over and over and over again.
    What could be safer than leading the league in running the ball on 2nd and long situations.

I think we could all accept a loss if we took the risk of winning.
    Playing safe is fine when your winning, but hard to accept when the team is desperate for a spark.

Something has to give.
    Gase is brilliant at losing. the only thing that has to give is this coaches walking papers.

Lmao that man took a quick bump in the locker room or something to stand there and say that

I would go for it for that exact reason

I believe a competent head coach can make a big difference in the performance of the team. The Pats don't have a lot of offensive weapons but they still perform well. Gase is a goner it is only a matter of when not if.
    The Jets need the GM not the owner to select his coach that will be willing to develop the team for the long term. Joe should be looking for that guy now and he probably is. I still think that Darnold can be the QB he is still young and has had to work under very difficult times. They have some potential receivers in Berrios, Mims and even Smith. They all should be back soon to team with Crowder and Perriman. They will have ton of money for free agency and a lot of draft picks to help build the team. Imagine they get first pick next year and they believe in Darnold. Imagine the draft capital they could get in a trade for that #1 pick.

"You don't know how to drink. Your whole generation, you drink for the wrong reasons. My generation, we drink because it's good, because it feels better than unbuttoning your collar, because we deserve it. We drink because it's what men do."

"You don't know how to drink. Your whole generation, you drink for the wrong reasons. My generation, we drink because it's good, because it feels better than unbuttoning your collar, because we deserve it. We drink because it's what men do."

Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang

Stuna, I disagree with your las two posts.

A good coach will at least have the team playing like a team. They will put their players in a position to succeed. That need not translate to a win but it can make them a bit competitive. This team hasn't been even a little competitive.
    We could barely move the ball vs SF when they lost their two best defensive players and we could barely move the ball vs SF's second string.

A good coach will make a bad team look like a team.

You have to go for it there. What message are you sending your team? At 24-3, You needed 3TDs to get the lead. Even at 24-6, you still needed 3 more scores, including 2 tds with 2 point conversions.

These guys don't care about small moral victories in the form of a FG.

Gase is just bad.

Will he bet better with all guys healthy? Sure, I would have to believe so but it still doesn't make him a good coach.
    Coaching good players is easy.

Ignorance is bliss

Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Quote Originally Posted by wiley6 View Post
    Team needs a total rebuild. They are so devoid of talent and depth, and have will not likely be consistently competitive for years still.
    Every year seems like a rebuild for that last decade.

Ignorance is bliss

Gase better feed LP22 this week or I will MFing riot... I wanna see my future RB show out!

Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast