Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast
Results 151 to 165 of 211
  1. #151
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    1,951
    Quote Originally Posted by afmanic View Post
    the owner picks the HC. it is set up that way. Gase doesn't report Douglas. totally stupid.
    So we're destined to fail. Got it

  2. #152
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    In your Mind
    Posts
    9,662
    Quote Originally Posted by afmanic View Post
    the owner picks the HC. it is set up that way. Gase doesn't report Douglas. totally stupid.
    Not necessarily.

    Most HCs are chosen by the GM, however there are teams in which the owner makes the call too.

    As for Gase, he's on the hot seat, idc whether it's Johnson or Joe D as long as they bring in someone that can get the best out of our QB and knows how to call a game.

  3. #153
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    50,611
    Quote Originally Posted by MrX27 View Post
    I repeat.
    Who do YOU want?

    Or are you afraid to say since your preferred HC Gase sux.
    No idea, just an offensive minded coach you?


    "You don't know how to drink. Your whole generation, you drink for the wrong reasons. My generation, we drink because it's good, because it feels better than unbuttoning your collar, because we deserve it. We drink because it's what men do."

  4. #154
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    In your Mind
    Posts
    9,662
    Quote Originally Posted by Claymation View Post
    No idea, just an offensive minded coach you?
    You mean like Gase for another year?

    Or who, give a name.
    Last edited by MrX27; 09-21-2020 at 10:38 PM.

  5. #155
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    227
    Quote Originally Posted by MrX27 View Post
    You mean like Gase for another year?

    Or who, give a name.
    i think i would go to the route of a special teams coach as head coach. I like the idea of allowing the HC to select a OC and DC. I would like a coach who could control the game. I will be honest. I couldnt give you a name. i wouldnt know where to begin but I hope you appreciate my logic. I just cant have this guy for another game yet another year.

  6. #156
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    In your Mind
    Posts
    9,662
    Quote Originally Posted by afmanic View Post
    i think i would go to the route of a special teams coach as head coach. I like the idea of allowing the HC to select a OC and DC. I would like a coach who could control the game. I will be honest. I couldnt give you a name. i wouldnt know where to begin but I hope you appreciate my logic. I just cant have this guy for another game yet another year.
    Actually, your logic is very interesting.
    I wouldn't hire a STs coach to be HC, but I like where you went with it.

    A game manager coach.
    There have been coaches that let the OC handle offense and the DC handle defense, but idk of any STs HCs.

    Admittedly, I think we need the next HC to have a hand in QB development but more importantly, he needs to be skilled in offensive production.

    I like your out of the box thinking, but don't think its likely.
    Kudos, anyway.

  7. #157
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    In your Mind
    Posts
    9,662
    Ups and Downs:

    Ups:

    Quinnen Williams had a big game, applied pressure up the middle recorded 2 sacks.
    Hogan looked like he's gaining some chemistry with Darnold.
    Perrine made a nice debut.
    Neville Hewitt has been our best LB so far.
    Brian Poole was relatively good.
    OL looked good against a strong unit.
    DL looked good, but lack of speed at LBers really showed on sweeps and tosses.
    Desir with a right place, right time int.
    Ficken's been good.
    Mann's been good (seeing more of him than I'd like though).

    Downs:

    Herndon's dropped TD and lack of presence.
    Jenkins with a sack on a missed QB handoff, otherwise better than the 1st week but still a subpar game.
    WRs.
    Playcalling. We ran so many similar plays up the middle, the 49ers began to anticipate it.
    3rd and 31, wow.
    Marcus Maye had a solid game but Jordan Reed's size really exposed Maye at times.
    Enough with the roughing calls.
    Has anyone seen Henry Anderson?

  8. #158
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    227
    Quote Originally Posted by MrX27 View Post
    Actually, your logic is very interesting.
    I wouldn't hire a STs coach to be HC, but I like where you went with it.

    A game manager coach.
    There have been coaches that let the OC handle offense and the DC handle defense, but idk of any STs HCs.

    Admittedly, I think we need the next HC to have a hand in QB development but more importantly, he needs to be skilled in offensive production.

    I like your out of the box thinking, but don't think its likely.
    Kudos, anyway.
    Actually Joe Judge was a special team coach. he has a former HC that was an OC and now back to OC. Some guys are just not made to be a HC.

    I remember when Westhoff interviewed as head coach. Shame Bart Scott never got into coaching. He is very knowledgeable and has a strong physical presence.

    But all of this is moot because Christopher Johnson thinks Gase is Brilliant.

  9. #159
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    50,611
    Quote Originally Posted by MrX27 View Post
    You mean like Gase for another year?

    Or who, give a name.
    You give a name.


    "You don't know how to drink. Your whole generation, you drink for the wrong reasons. My generation, we drink because it's good, because it feels better than unbuttoning your collar, because we deserve it. We drink because it's what men do."

  10. #160
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    In your Mind
    Posts
    9,662
    Typical clay, can't answer a simple question and always deflects.
    You're like the wonder woman bracelet of this forum.

    What are you scared of clay?
    Just answer the question with a name.

  11. #161
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Posts
    35,879
    Quote Originally Posted by MrX27 View Post
    Not necessarily.

    Most HCs are chosen by the GM, however there are teams in which the owner makes the call too.

    As for Gase, he's on the hot seat, idc whether it's Johnson or Joe D as long as they bring in someone that can get the best out of our QB and knows how to call a game.
    I think he's referring to the way the Jets set up shop in typical Jets fashion. Woody and Chris hire the GM and the Coach.
    Each guy reports to him. The Johnson boys choose the coach and GM by their resounding intellect. If I'm not mistaken, I believe it's to give each their say without interference from the other or the threat of being fired

    This is why when the Johnsons use the word "genius", I question whether or not they know what it means.



    Ignorance is bliss

  12. #162
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    In your Mind
    Posts
    9,662
    Quote Originally Posted by Kinkotheclown View Post
    I think he's referring to the way the Jets set up shop in typical Jets fashion. Woody and Chris hire the GM and the Coach.
    Each guy reports to him. The Johnson boys choose the coach and GM by their resounding intellect. If I'm not mistaken, I believe it's to give each their say without interference from the other or the threat of being fired

    This is why when the Johnsons use the word "genius", I question whether or not they know what it means.
    Perhaps, but I believe that's one of the reasons they brought Joe D in, was to evaluate all positions including HC.

    Chris Johnson may have final say but if Gase goes, I'd fully expect Joe D to be THE influence in the process.

  13. #163
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Posts
    35,879
    Quote Originally Posted by MrX27 View Post
    Perhaps, but I believe that's one of the reasons they brought Joe D in, was to evaluate all positions including HC.

    Chris Johnson may have final say but if Gase goes, I'd fully expect Joe D to be THE influence in the process.
    Agreed.
    I fully trust Joe.
    But I don't trust the Johnson's.
    It's weird they want the Hat to communicate directly with them but not the GM and vice versa.



    Ignorance is bliss

  14. #164
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Earfffff
    Posts
    35,394
    X referenced it several times on Sunday, but gase should be old yellered for not running behind becton more often. Canít believe how good heís been so early on. Guy is gonna be special. Too bad heís literally the only one on the roster who looks to have that potential right now...

  15. #165
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Queens, NY
    Posts
    68,764
    Quote Originally Posted by MrX27 View Post
    Did Sam Darnold QB all 4 of those games?

    Keep it relative to his performance with Darnold.
    Good point, forgot about that.

Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •