Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 9 of 15 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Larry M View Post
    On a positive note, Becton looked like a beast today. I thought he played average last week, but dominated this week, especially when Bosa was playing.

Overall, pass blocking looked better. Receivers are awful, defense was awful...Mostertís td run on the first play, there was an obvious hold not called.
    Becton was good last week and very good this week.
    Other than Van Roten, the whole OL played very well.

The defensive issue is lack of consistent passrush.
    And that the offense doesn't stay on the field enough.

I would prefer the Jets spread the field and play uptempo offensively, but if they are not, then they need to control the clock and sustain drives.
    Something they haven't done 2 weeks in.

Quote Originally Posted by MrX27 View Post
    Perhaps if the WRs were as talented as Robbie (at the minimum), they would be more offensively powered.

The main reason this offense is a disaster is that the WRs are not stretching the field and not getting open, on a consistent enough basis.

Robbie seems to be producing just fine, at least compared the Jets WRs.
    We should have retained him, for Sam's sake.
    Robby wouldnít be doing this here lol

Perriman has had limited chances to build a connection with Darnold. Perriman has a ton of attention on him right now.

Quote Originally Posted by YoungStuna View Post

Perriman has had limited chances to build a connection with Darnold. Perriman has a ton of attention on him right now.
    Will you say this in week 10 if perriman fails to get a 100+ yard game?

If all Robbie did is what he did last year (when he was the primary option and had all the attention), he'd still be better than what we're seeing.
    And it looks like Robbie worked on his all around game.

Perriman has had the same time to get a connection with Darnold that Robbie has had with Bridgewater.
    So far, Perriman just hasn't shown to be as good as Robbie.

Quote Originally Posted by SoulBrotha View Post
    Will you say this in week 10 if perriman fails to get a 100+ yard game?
    Iím not writing him off after 2 games in a dysfunctional offense. He needs to stay healthy.

If all Robbie did is what he did last year (when he was the primary option and had all the attention), he'd still be better than what we're seeing.

Perriman has had the same time to get a connection with Darnold that Robbie has had with Bridgewater.
    Robby had 11 catches and 131 yards through the first 4 games last season.

Robby had 11 catches and 131 yards through the first 4 games last season.
    Did Sam Darnold QB all 4 of those games?

Keep it relative to his performance with Darnold.

Becton was good last week and very good this week.
    Other than Van Roten, the whole OL played very well.

The defensive issue is lack of consistent passrush.
    And that the offense doesn't stay on the field enough.

I would prefer the Jets spread the field and play uptempo offensively, but if they are not, then they need to control the clock and sustain drives.
    Something they haven't done 2 weeks in.
    They did ok with staying on the field, time of possession wasnít as awful as usual it seemed.
    When they spread the offense, it seemed to help, but the game plan was certainly built around short quick passes, likely to offset the pass rush of Bosa, Ford, and Thomas...not sure if Gase realized all 3 were out by the first quarter, maybe he didnít want to adjust.

Quote Originally Posted by Dmagic387 View Post
    Our WRs blow, but when they are open Sam isnít hitting them either. Itís clear the coaches have zero faith in Sam, clearly they are limiting his throws. I think Gase is as bad as it gets but letís be real, no coach can call a game this poorly, Sam isnít executing when he has time. They look afraid to let him throw the ball and I can see why, he isnít accurate and doesnít have great arm talent.

He has not looked accurate this season, but do not say the guy doesn't have arm talent. He throws the out as well as any Jet QB I've seen going back to the 80's (I realize that doesn't mean much, but the guy can definitely make all of the NFL throws!)

The Jets, specifically Gase, are absolutely ruining Darnold. A reporter asked a great question to him yesterday. He asked if he had the option to run a sneak on that 4th and 1 play and Sam, said, "no, we go with the play that was called". I could just imagine Gase tearing into him at practice, kind of like John Voit in Varsity Blues. Gase is a no talent dictator! Ownership and Douglas better get this guy out of town asap! He's a real piece of crap, and he's doing so much more damage than any amount of good!

Let's not kid ourselves, at 1 PM yesterday the NY Jets put on the field for their 3rd year QB the following skill position players:

RB-- 37 year old Frank Gore
    WR-- Breshad Perriman, Chris Hogan, Braxton Berrios, Jeff Malone
    TE-- Chris Herndon
    O-line-- Becton, Lewis, McGovern, Van Roten, and Fant

Does that really sound like a recipe for a successful QB?
    Eichel Tower

Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang

Robbie can only run 9 routes. I wonder if that poster (who was shown to be incorrect then), still believes that?

Robbie looks very good. Perriman does not.
    My question is you are suggesting the issue is Perriman, what if it's Sam vs Teddy?

Ignorance is bliss

Quote Originally Posted by ccugrad1 View Post
    Let's not kid ourselves, at 1 PM yesterday the NY Jets put on the field for their 3rd year QB the following skill position players:

RB-- 37 year old Frank Gore
    WR-- Breshad Perriman, Chris Hogan, Braxton Berrios, Jeff Malone
    TE-- Chris Herndon
    O-line-- Becton, Lewis, McGovern, Van Roten, and Fant

Does that really sound like a recipe for a successful QB?
    I really like Berrios. I think he's a legit WR. I would love to see a set with Perriman, Mimms, on the outside with Crowder and Berrios inside.

Ignorance is bliss

Quote Originally Posted by Kinkotheclown View Post
    I really like Berrios. I think he's a legit WR. I would love to see a set with Perriman, Mimms, on the outside with Crowder and Berrios inside.
    When you get that on the field, along with Bell then you are going to make a full judgment on BOTH Adam Gase and Sam Darnold. I am not saying that is a spectacular WR corp., but it is definitely something where if they don't look competent then, you have to wonder about this HC/QB combination if it's the correct one because there are plenty of HC/QB combinations who could easily make that work and put 24+ PPG on the board.
    Eichel Tower

Quote Originally Posted by ccugrad1 View Post
    When you get that on the field, along with Bell then you are going to make a full judgment on BOTH Adam Gase and Sam Darnold. I am not saying that is a spectacular WR corp., but it is definitely something where if they don't look competent then, you have to wonder about this HC/QB combination if it's the correct one because there are plenty of HC/QB combinations who could easily make that work and put 24+ PPG on the board.
    Agreed.

I still think Gase stinks. My feeling is, he makes zero adjustments and he is way too conservative or safe.
    We constantly say, no WRs get open but I saw guys open yesterday. Especially against SFs second string!

If he has the reigns on sam, get them off and let him play.
    If he doesn't, this team needs to see that Sam isn't the FQB.

Gase doesn't have a great team but a "brilliant" coach will put his player into a good position. I have yet to see that. I have seen guys look bad. I have seen very little cohesion.
    Yes this is a new group. They will take time but literally everyone I have heard or read has talked about the marked improvement in the quality of the guys on the O-line.

Sam doesn't have weapons. Ok. Again, a fair point but a great QB will help his guys out and raise their level of play. I have not seen Sam rise to that challenge. Maybe my expectations for an all star caliber FQB are too high when I say I think he should elevate others around him? No. They are not.

I hold to this season to see what Sam is. If Sam doesn't show legit signs of growth and consistency? I move on.
    I am not giving him a big contract.

Gase should get to the half way point. If we still look like this, he should be gone. He won't be but he should

(None of this is directed at you in any way. I started to comment on your post and got irritated by Gase. )

Ignorance is bliss

Quote Originally Posted by Kinkotheclown View Post
    Agreed.

I still think Gase stinks. My feeling is, he makes zero adjustments and he is way too conservative or safe.
    We constantly say, no WRs get open but I saw guys open yesterday. Especially against SFs second string!

If he has the reigns on sam, get them off and let him play.
    If he doesn't, this team needs to see that Sam isn't the FQB.

Gase doesn't have a great team but a "brilliant" coach will put his player into a good position. I have yet to see that. I have seen guys look bad. I have seen very little cohesion.
    Yes this is a new group. They will take time but literally everyone I have heard or read has talked about the marked improvement in the quality of the guys on the O-line.

Sam doesn't have weapons. Ok. Again, a fair point but a great QB will help his guys out and raise their level of play. I have not seen Sam rise to that challenge. Maybe my expectations for an all star caliber FQB are too high when I say I think he should elevate others around him? No. They are not.

I hold to this season to see what Sam is. If Sam doesn't show legit signs of growth and consistency? I move on.
    I am not giving him a big contract.

Gase should get to the half way point. If we still look like this, he should be gone. He won't be but he should

(None of this is directed at you in any way. I started to comment on your post and got irritated by Gase. )
    Gentlemen, the head coach has lost the team. they have no respect for him. To play like they did yesterday it is clear to me nothing is goin to change. Right now The Johnson boys are the laughing stock amongst owners.

They have a talent at QB which they chose the wrong teacher to help him and even if they tank to get Trevor, what makes you think that kid will have success with this coach. FIRE GASE NOW while you still have some dignity. I bet you all that if they fire him today this team will come out with fire. This coach drains the life out of you as a fan. Im sure he does to his players as well.
    Last edited by afmanic; 09-21-2020 at 01:08 PM.

Page 9 of 15 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast